Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So will Frost get buffs or Nah?

I feel like Frost DKs are one of the worst specs in the game right now even at 175 ilevel.
    In fact last night I started to level my Ret Paladin and she was already doing more damage at level 50 in greens than my DK LMAO!

10+ Year Old Account
    175 ilvl is low for creating bold statements

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    175 ilvl is low for creating bold statements
    Well that's my point, the entire spec is currently a gear check. We shouldn't be so gear dependent to do reasonable DPS.
    Also always RP capped.

edit: iLevel 179 now and still doing shit dps lol.
    no it's not a player problem.
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2020-12-07 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Well that's my point, the entire spec is currently a gear check. We shouldn't be so gear dependent to do reasonable DPS.
    Also always RP capped.

edit: iLevel 179 now and still doing shit dps lol.
    no it's not a player problem.
    Sorry but i would argue it is a player problem. Looking at current sims and from what i can see of my DK guildmates with 181 ilvl and 182 ilvl frost is doing fine. It's not the pack leader but definitly not lacking.

Edit:

Simcraft: https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it's basically a L2Play issue. Perhaps you should go read a basic guide? Or go unholy, all you have to do is pop your CDs whenever they are up. Since so much of Unholy's power is tied into essentially passive play (Pets, DoT, and AA), even if you are fairly fail you can still do good DPS as Unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Sims are a pretty decent representation of how a class could perform. Wowhead has really good curated content. I would check that out!

I feel like Frost DKs are one of the worst specs in the game right now even at 175 ilevel.
    In fact last night I started to level my Ret Paladin and she was already doing more damage at level 50 in greens than my DK LMAO!
    Nah.

Some specs need buffs, but frost is not one of them.

There's worse specs in the game than Frost right now.

Havoc for example.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    There's worse specs in the game than Frost right now.

Havoc for example.
    Havoc is just a joke right now. I wonder if it will turn into the new WW monk that Blizzard just forget about. I’ve started to only play classes with 3 dps specs so I don’t have to deal with Blizzard shitty balancing.

Played Frost at the start, was hoping to go for the 2H Oblit build, but that just isn't gonna work for M+, which will be what I am going to do a lot of the time. I would go for Breath with 2H, but that is essentially gimping myself.

So instead of twirling sticks around, I will again play Unholy, the spec plays better then in BFA and synergizes well with my Covenant (Venthyr).

If Blizzard decides to give the 2H Frost an actual chance, I'll try it. For example they could apply the damage buff from 2H for Obliterate onto Frost Scythe. That would go a long way. But I am not holding my breath.

You must be doing something wrong then. I am ilvl 178 and usually always top dps. Using remorseless winter legendary and conduit with 2hander build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost is fine, but you wanna hold onto 1 handers if you pick them up. Going back dual wielding might be the play for PVE early on until more gear is acquired. Dual wield gets carried a bit by having Razorice and synergizes better with some of the talents.

Two hand confidence could be applied to PVP, but I wouldn't be super confident with it in PVE.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-12-07 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost is fine if you are Dual Wield (2-hander Frost isn't worth it) and do Breath of Sindragosa build.

Unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DW is fine, no need for buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Played Frost at the start, was hoping to go for the 2H Oblit build, but that just isn't gonna work for M+, which will be what I am going to do a lot of the time. I would go for Breath with 2H, but that is essentially gimping myself.

So instead of twirling sticks around, I will again play Unholy, the spec plays better then in BFA and synergizes well with my Covenant (Venthyr).

If Blizzard decides to give the 2H Frost an actual chance, I'll try it. For example they could apply the damage buff from 2H for Obliterate onto Frost Scythe. That would go a long way. But I am not holding my breath.
    tbf, a build focused on Obliterate is, by its very nature, single target focused...which will obviously do poorly in a M+ environment. Maybe 2H frost will be a better raid spec?

Imagine playing a class for 10 years of 2h being absolutely fundamentally intrinsically dogshit and expecting the blizzard would 'get it right this time'.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Imagine playing a class for 10 years of 2h being absolutely fundamentally intrinsically dogshit and expecting the blizzard would 'get it right this time'.
    Imagine thinking the player is bad when knowing absolutely nothing about their playstyle, gear or history LUL

Why would frost need a buff?After looking over the newest simcraft they aren't doing that bad and they have really good aoe.The sim shows that frost is only around 500dps lower than unholy.Yet has way better sustain aoe than unholy.So i don't see a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Unholy the top dps spec right now only sims at around 500 to 600 more single target than frost.Frost aoe sustain aoe is actually much better than unholy.Maybe do some simcraft to see why you aren't doing that good a dps.ALso you can't compare damage at 50 to 60.Ret does really good dps yes but it levels out and actually has lower single target than frost dks, they sim very close though.Hate to say it but They are not bad at all.They are above average for the dps they can sustain over 4k single target.Hate to say it but you need to put in some work first before you just start qqing in the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I have switched over to frost and have some meh one handers and still do very good damage.You keep saying its not the player its the gear.... well i am here to tell you that you are 100% wrong.

Frost is absolutely fine. DW BoS still rewards skill with amazing numbers, on-demand burst that cleaves, very satisfying gameplay (if you're good). The only problem is still having to get PvP trinket with on-use str for maximum efficiency.
    If swinging oars like a baboon is more of your thing, then 2H is not that far behind for ST (especially if you're Kyrian) and pretty good for M+ (if you're Night Fae). 2H Oblit has decent sustained damage, potentially interesting options with Glacial Advance (it's alive after 4+ years of waiting!.. kinda... sorta...)
    Or if you really just care about DPS and are ok with sleeping while playing your character - go Unholy. The spec is so easy and passive you can watch Netflix while doing top damage. It's gonna get nerfed though most likely. Numbers are a bit overtuned.

I doubt Blizzard will do any PVP tuning in the near future. They're likely going to wait until everyone is geared up, and then see how it goes from there.
    9.1 is the most likely to be the PVP tuning phase.

BM hunters are also in dire need of PVP buffs because they trash at PVP.