Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anu belore dela’na fellow Sin’dorei. I’m casting a soulstone on this thread so we can see your new customizations, etc. it doesn’t feel right to post in the other thread.

I used the olive coloured skintone, and the face that has feckless, to evoke a Sunfury Elf. I left her eyes blue and her hair blonde for the lulz
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to finally have a Farstrider who has avoided the mark of the Fel like a magister or warlock!

Can't decide if Falandil just stayed away from Silvermoon during the reclamation or if he's an Allerian elf who has returned to the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    It's nice to finally have a Farstrider who has avoided the mark of the Fel like a magister or warlock!

Can't decide if Falandil just stayed away from Silvermoon during the reclamation or if he's an Allerian elf who has returned to the fold.
    It seems that you and I share some likes

some spoilers for exploring eastern kingdoms

-the bazaar witch who had a slave was discovered by the authorities and closed.
    -freedom of expression returned and people were again debating ideas in the bazaar.
    -magister terrance is now a werehouse of blood elves power objects and also a museum.
    -the mounts that drop kael'thas when dying are in the canon being cared for the blood elves in queldanas

The blood elf campaign in WC3 was fantastic. I've been a fan ever since. Kael was always a great character, especially then.

Quote Originally Posted by IWriteYourWowStory View Post
    The blood elf campaign in WC3 was fantastic. I've been a fan ever since. Kael was always a great character, especially then.
    blizzard made a big mistake by returning to villains kaelthas, vashj and illidan in TBC.

most of those who played wc3 loved that group! for something in legion they re-vindicated illidan and the shadowlands want to fix vashj and kaelthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    blizzard made a big mistake by returning to villains kaelthas, vashj and illidan in TBC.

most of those who played wc3 loved that group! for something in legion they re-vindicated illidan and the shadowlands want to fix vashj and kaelthas
    Looks like we’ll get our wish with that. Vashj was a great character to quest with in Maldraxxus
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Looks like we’ll get our wish with that. Vashj was a great character to quest with in Maldraxxus
    I must say these quests with Vashj in Maldraxxus were the best part of the zone, I like how they portrayed her and how we develop a friendship of sorts with her. Now I'm really curious what they will do with Kael, but it is clear he will have redemption of sort. It is good to see him back, wanting to take vengeance for Silvermoon and not just get power for himself. I also hope he will have some special interactions with blood and void elves.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-12-07 at 10:03 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Looking good! I'm going to make my Blood Elf Paladin into a High Elf who is still loyal to the old Alliance of Lordaeron but not on the Grand Alliance so he is one of those neutral Silver Hand old guard. And I'm going to RP him as an Argent Crusader who seeks to lobby for the reunification of the Forsaken and Argent Lordaeronians to bring Eastweald to the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Looking good! I'm going to make my Blood Elf Paladin into a High Elf who is still loyal to the old Alliance of Lordaeron but not on the Grand Alliance so he is one of those neutral Silver Hand old guard. And I'm going to RP him as an Argent Crusader who seeks to lobby for the reunification of the Forsaken and Argent Lordaeronians to bring Eastweald to the Horde
    my paladin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I must say these quests with Vashj in Maldraxxus were the best part of the zone, I like how they portrayed her and how we develop a friendship of sorts with her. Now I'm really curious what they will do with Kael, but it is clear he will have redemption of sort. It is good to see him back, wanting to take vengeance for Silvermoon and not just get power for himself. I also hope he will have some special interactions with blood and void elves.
    Kael's big problem is that he spent it in queldanas, even tempest keep still seemed to care about the blood elves. but in magister terrance he only looked like a mad servant of kiljaeden who was willing to destroy all blood elves.

Kael's big problem is that he spent it in queldanas, even tempest keep still seemed to care about the blood elves. but in magister terrance he only looked like a mad servant of kiljaeden who was willing to destroy all blood elves.
    Yes, he was absolutely mad at that point, he was just consumed by his lust for power... also, that fel crystal stucked in his chest didn't helped either.

We've seen that death can "cure" madness in case of Whitemane - she admited death clear her mind and made her realize horrors she did when she was alive. I guess she went originaly to Revendreth and Venthyr started to cleanse her soul, so I think we will see something similar with Kael.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, he was absolutely mad at that point, he was just consumed by his lust for power... also, that fel crystal stucked in his chest didn't helped either.

We've seen that death can "cure" madness in case of Whitemane - she admited death clear her mind and made her realize horrors she did when she was alive. I guess she went originaly to Revendreth and Venthyr started to cleanse her soul, so I think we will see something similar with Kael.
    my favorite character after illidan in WC3 was kaelthas but blizz blew it. there is nothing that can fix the character. if he manages to get revenge on kelthuzad it would be a good thing but kaelthas committed many crimes against the blood elves. I prefer to see dath'remar

@Rhlor - why do I get the impression you guys have only really ever wanted high elves as blood elves - you've had no interest in keeping the more wicked and twisted /bad boy version of Thalassian the blood elf originally became, and have longed for a more high elven noble, and very alliance blood elf.

Off course, this is what you have right now - but it really is alliance on the horde.. are you sure your love is for the horde? or actually for the alliance version of elves?

I'm looking at your avatar picture with its blue eyes, your characters proudly displayed with blue eyes, which are all hallmark of the high elves.

The civilization an city you love so much is a 7,000 year strong high elven an very alliancey themed civilization. There is little to nothing that is horde save being on that faction where they exist as a very alliance race.

I really think you alliance boys should come back home. Your affections and loyalties are clearly far more with the elves than they are with the horde races. dunno why you keep denying it. But okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    @Rhlor - why do I get the impression you guys have only really ever wanted high elves as blood elves - you've had no interest in keeping the more wicked and twisted /bad boy version of Thalassian the blood elf originally became, and have longed for a more high elven noble, and very alliance blood elf.

Off course, this is what you have right now - but it really is alliance on the horde.. are you sure your love is for the horde? or actually for the alliance version of elves?

I'm looking at your avatar picture with its blue eyes, your characters proudly displayed with blue eyes, which are all hallmark of the high elves.

The civilization an city you love so much is a 7,000 year strong high elven an very alliancey themed civilization. There is little to nothing that is horde save being on that faction where they exist as a very alliance race.

I really think you alliance boys should come back home. Your affections and loyalties are clearly far more with the elves than they are with the horde races. dunno why you keep denying it. But okay.
    If you are going to debate in the blood elf thread, I hope you keep the conversation in blood elf and not in night elves / nightborne. if so, we can debate
    I have a DH that obviously has green eyes and I really like the concept of DH. my warlock also has green eyes.
    I have blue eyes on characters that I think would look good with blue eyes, my mage now has purple eyes I should update my avatar.
    I don't like the alliance because blizzard focuses the alliance only on humans! In Shadowlands Sylvanas kidnapped an orc and a trauren on the side of the horde, on the side of the alliance she captured two humans! the three faction leaders that the alliance had are human! varian, anduin and turalyon! in the case of turalyon it seemed ridiculous to me that an allied race like draenei LF their racial leader is a human! alliance stories are always about humans and how humans are the best. "human potential"

I like the concept of blond elves in a multicultural and diverse faction where orcs can be interpreted as Mongols, trolls as black people / Mesoamerican and tauren as Native American.

I personally would prefer that the elves of warcraft be their own faction. i think it would have been great from what we saw in wc3 with kaelthas teaming up with malfurion and tyrande

3+ Year Old Account
    the one blood elf on the Alliance had to be a human king's servant and ugh, human potential with Shaw
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I don't like the alliance because blizzard focuses the alliance only on humans!
    One of the main reasons this is the case is because the elves are predominant on the horde.

If they didn’t need to be visible and powerful in the horde, elves would have shared the limelight with the humans.

Horde favouritism and boosting the horde are the very reasons why the alliance only tells human stories and is bland because it’s only part of the alliance being continued on the alliance. leaving out the bulk of two other most cherished alliance races, high elves and night elves and their best aspects - placing that on the horde.

Night elves had to be ignored and mostly undeveloped because of how popular they were. Boosting them would have drawn people to the alliance when they wanted them to go horde.

This is why when blood elves were made so beautifully, night elves weren’t updated. It is also why when night elf stuff was made very pretty in 7.0 it was given to the horde again.

Except this time the need to keep the horde ahead had long since ended, they were already both more popular, played and regarded by Legion. And it’s gotten significantly worse since. I suspect it happened because it was now the tradition and the most vocal players in the community were horde and in favour of nice things becoming horde things even if they were clearly and blatantly alliance race things.

Off course after it happened they realised how much it mattered to the alliance fans.

It’s also sad that some are so into this they don’t realise the blood elves are horde only in allegiance. They are basically an alliance race, the high elves in everything - just given a horde tag. They are alliance in everything but name.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-12-07 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    One of the main reasons this is the case is because the elves are predominant on the horde.

If they didn’t need to be visible and powerful in the horde, elves would have shared the limelight with the humans.

Horde favouritism and boosting the horde are the very reasons why the alliance only tells human stories and is bland because it’s only part of the alliance being continued on the alliance. leaving out the bulk of two other most cherished alliance races, high elves and night elves and their best aspects - placing that on the horde.

Night elves had to be ignored and mostly undeveloped because of how popular they were. Boosting them would have drawn people to the alliance when they wanted them to go horde.

This is why when blood elves were made so beautifully, night elves weren’t updated. It is also why when night elf stuff was made very pretty in 7.0 it was given to the horde again.

Except this time the need to keep the horde ahead had long since ended, they were already both more popular, played and regarded by Legion. And it’s gotten significantly worse since. I suspect it happened because it was now the tradition and the most vocal players in the community were horde and in favour of nice things becoming horde things even if they were clearly and blatantly alliance race things.

Off course after it happened they realised how much it mattered to the alliance fans.

It’s also sad that some are so into this they don’t realise the blood elves are horde only in allegiance. They are basically an alliance race, the high elves in everything - just given a horde tag. They are alliance in everything but name.
    do you really believe what you write? The only expa where the blood elves were truly important and dominated the history of the horde was TBC. Since then we only occasionally see some blood elf camp or some blood elf character doing something within the great history of the horde as a faction.
    the racial leader of the blood elves for those who were not interested in the lore blood elf was a joke! just in pandaria the leader blood elf was important in a single patch!
    favoritism in the horde ??? LOL
    the horde is destroyed! we no longer have warchief, many beloved characters are dead and some betrayed us. you call this favoritism? golden even named her cat anduin! it is clear that she unconditionally supports the alliance! other writers like robert brooks write stories featuring blood elves characters but without knowing anything about lore blood elf and his only purpose was to make see malfurion as a great character and later he apologizes on twitter because he doesn't know lore blood elf and he didn't even bother in playing the starting zone.
    Blizzard centered the history of the horde mainly on the orcs for years and then began to tell stories where they develop other races in many cases for the worse as was the case of the forsaken where they lost their capital and their racial leader betrayed them.
    are you really calling to destroy the horde and kill your favorite characters? the alliance is marvel's avengers!
    horde players hate everything blizzard did to us.
    and I asked you please not to include night elves / nightborne topics in this thread. if you want to have a debate in this thread focus on the blood elves.

do you really believe what you write?
    Yes I really do.

Yet given by what you write after this comment, it's clear you refuse to consider what is actually being said. That you think I am actually saying the history of the horde is dominated by the blood elves shows me clearly you are entirely avoiding what I'm saying - either that or you don't see it - usually strong feelings can cloud judgement. Perhaps you think you're under attack and get too emotional therefore unable to objectively see what is being said.

favoritism in the horde ??? LOL
    Yes horde favoritism, it might be an ugly word to you, but it is actually a stance I supported. Yes it was unfair on the alliance, but yes we all felt and agreed it was necessary step to take to attract players to the horde.

They didn't have to use the blood elves, but it was the easiest and most convenient option. It would change and shift things, but blizzard were prepared to accept that - but I don't think entirely grasped what it would do.

At the current time, it's no longer necessary and blizz mustn't keep preferring the horde, a habit has developed, but is equally changing. If Nightborne were coming out now, they'd almost certainly go alliance as would void elves.

the horde is destroyed! we no longer have warchief, many beloved characters are dead and some betrayed us. you call this favoritism? golden even named her cat anduin! it is clear that she unconditionally supports the alliance! other writers like robert brooks write stories featuring blood elves characters but without knowing anything about lore blood elf and his only purpose was to make see malfurion as a great character and later he apologizes on twitter because he doesn't know lore blood elf and he didn't even bother in playing the starting zone.
    Unfortunate story events are not the ONLY indications of preferential treatment. The horde was the villain and nearly got destroyed in the Cata - MoP era, but was very much the favoured faction. Not because the warchief became the villain, but because it and it's races were the centre of activity. The story wasn't full of highs for the horde, but that's not necessarily meaning it was less favoured. It was also the hero of the situation. It was all about the horde, and the horde solving it's problems. The alliance was supplementary not equal.

This is how you evaluate.

Destroying Teldrassil was terirble and another hit for the alliance, but ignoring the night elves after that, and focusing on the motives and intentions of Sylvanas to map her involvement with the new Jailor storyline and the shaking up of the horde with leaving the night elves in the dust and humans largely benefitting but still secondary to the horde is horde preference. Now, causing the night elves to start rising up, and eventually leading to a much stronger night elf race down the line in a continuing story would be the sort of development that proves Teldrassil was not horde favouritism still but actually the instrument of a night elf revival and thus alliance pro story telling, but the arc isn't complete and the jury remains out on that one.

Currently based on the trends up to that point in BFA it appears to be horde favouritism, hence why all the crying happened. Got it?

Blizzard centered the history of the horde mainly on the orcs for years and then began to tell stories where they develop other races in many cases for the worse as was the case of the forsaken where they lost their capital and their racial leader betrayed them.
    are you really calling to destroy the horde and kill your favorite characters? the alliance is marvel's avengers!
    horde players hate everything blizzard did to us.
    and I asked you please not to include night elves / nightborne topics in this thread. if you want to have a debate in this thread focus on the blood elves.
    Removing most of the blood elves and Nightborne to the alliance along with the High elf and Night elf civilizations that were given to them IS NOT DESTROYING THE HORDE... it is destroying the majority - not all - but the majority of the ELVES on the horde, the alliance presence on the horde.

That you think it is destroying the horde is further indication that your concept of the horde is entirely tied to the elves. How else would you perceive removal of this alliance element or the greatly diminishing of it as "Destroying the horde"?

How else would you constantly ignore the proposal which also insists the lost elven elements on the horde be replaced by Troll, Goblin, Orcish and Tauren, even Forsaken assets increasing.

You seem to miss that entirely. Also you ignore healing the identity of the horde, and fail to grasp that the presence of the blood elves and the Nightborne, especially in such a glorious and visible/prominent way is actually alliance elements on the horde. This isn't good for the horde, as those races are alliance in nature, characteristic and in the existence they've been displayed on the horde. There is nothing horde like in character about the Nightborne, Suramar, or the Blood elves, Silvermoon and Quel'thalas - these are basically the zenith point of alliance civilization and peoples... they're just on the horde in terms of alignment but have nothing in common with what has been traditionally the core and heart of the horde.

These races do not help the horde by being so prominent. If they must remain in this alliance format, they should not be prominent on the horde, they must be small and effectively refugee like, around to allow model access but not complete with alliance cities, civilizations and kingdoms, flourishing and prospering - it's too alliancey. And the bland boring alliance actually needs these elves on it, because they are loved more than all the other alliance races COMBINED - alliance fans make and show more noise/interest in high elves and night elves than they do in dwarves, gnomes, draenei and worgen combined.

Not to mention that the rise of the high elves and ALL the aspects of the kaldorei (especially it's pre-sundering civilization) provie a lot more interest and excitement to the alliance fans and players who like such things - and would be the perfect lure to entice some players back to the alliance from the horde.

What sort of players would leave the horde for this? Well only the horde ELF LOVING fans. Is that all the players that play blood elves? No, off course it isn't, most of those do so for the models. I estimate about maybe as much as a quarter of the blood elf playing group do so for the lore and care about things like Silvermoon and Suramar, if they go back to the alliance because Silvermoon, Suramar, most of the blood elves and Nightborne in lore have returned to their high elven and kaldorei kin/roots, then that would be a sufficient enough number.

The blood elf race and Nightborne would still be available on the horde - gotta have those model options and most people won't care cos many pick the race for stats or appearance when choosing what horde race to pick - but are on the horde because it's the popular faction with all the lights...t his is why it must lose the alliance lights that are on it, having those lights severely dimmed so those who love such things can repopulate the alliance, meanwhile the horde race stuff like troll cities, orc ones, goblins ones should be increased/restored/ joined back to the horde to replace them.

The horde will continue strong and liked, it will have blood elves and Nightborne too, just not the kingdoms of the high elves and the kaldorei civilisation like it did up to shadowlands. Instead the alliance will have those shining brightly and raising it's profile, but the horde will get something too, Zul'drak, Zul'aman, Zul'farak, undermine, Kezan, Grommash hold turned to Grommash city in Borean Tundra etc, Ice Crown Citadel city etc - which are horde core race and themed assets.

You should no longer be allowed to play alliance effectively on the horde in the guise of blood elves in Silvermoon/Quelt'halas or in the guise of Nightborne in Suramar, if you want those on the horde, you're a remnant , one of a few nomads/outcasts, alternative thinking or renegade Thalassians or Shal'dorei kaldorei who prefer the horde, you shouldn't be the strength and beating heart of the High elf kingdom nor the best of the kaldorei civilization - ah ah yo shouldn't, not while on the horde.

If you're on the horde, you should primarily be Orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins and the fullness and glory of these horde races (forsaken too and pandaren), not high elves and night elves, those are the best of the alliance on the horde, that should not remain.

Jesus Christ man.

I get that the Alliance is upset that the Horde got blood elves because they were part of the Alliance at one point, but narratives evolve. The story went in a direction that many may not have agreed with, but many others did. I mean, I was upset when the worgen went to the Alliance because I felt that a “beast race” should go to the “beast faction” but I realized that was a narrow-minded opinion because, again, narrative is a thing. There is no reason for the worgen to join the Horde based on their story. Likewise, things happened to blood elves that pushed them into the Horde. Sure, they look like an Alliance race and used to be be part of it, but the story had a different opinion. Plus, the Alliance still had a small faction of high elves and eventually got void elves.

Y'all have it all wrong. Blood Elves need to be nastier, not fancier.

A Horde-based High Elf should look like this. All Blood Elves should get Demon Hunter Fel Elf features.