View Poll Results: Should there be an intro skip?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • Sure, why not

142 83.04%
  • Nah, I like it

29 16.96%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

There should be an option to skip the Maw intro

I noticed that previous expacs such as Legion and BfA have a dialogue option ('I've heared this tale before...') to skip their intros, so why not SL? Just add in an option on the quest where you enter Darion's Death Gate to skip to Oribos. I'm a person who likes to make lots of alts , just like many who play WoW, and it would make my levelling experience feel much smoother
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

they will add it in the first patch like they did with Legion and BFA
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, we get to skip basically the ENTIRE leveling experience of SL on alts. That more than makes up for it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It can be done rather fast second time threw though so isn’t ‘that’ bad..

Absolutely. It's awful, even the first time you do it it's already very underwhelming and just... meh. I've done it on four characters now and I really don't want to do it ever again. It's bad enough that you're forced to do this stuff on max level again, but The Maw and Torghast are just so unfun yet important that they really kill any desire to play and progress max level characters. Shadowlands has so many good selling points, these two are the lows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Eh, we get to skip basically the ENTIRE leveling experience of SL on alts. That more than makes up for it.
    Uhm... you're skipping the story campaign, not the leveling experience. The leveling experience was always what every player made out of it, not a mandatory story campaign like in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-12-07 at 09:16 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Sure, if you're exclusively running dungeons, otherwise no. You mean the campaign.

i just turn down ingame sounds put on some type of talking video in the background, blast through it. i don't need thrall telling me An axe is a better weapon than a sword because hes wrong, he also says it better than a pole axe/halberd. um reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I noticed that previous expacs such as Legion and BfA have a dialogue option ('I've heared this tale before...') to skip their intros, so why not SL? Just add in an option on the quest where you enter Darion's Death Gate to skip to Oribos. I'm a person who likes to make lots of alts , just like many who play WoW, and it would make my levelling experience feel much smoother
    They removed the skip for past stuff with the leveling revamp. Now you always have to do the Legion and BfA openings.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They removed the skip for past stuff with the leveling revamp. Now you always have to do the Legion and BfA openings.
    That's not true. I've skipped the Broken Shore scenario on multiple alts since the squish.

I'd like it to be skippable. Would be able to jump right into Threads of Fate.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Took me pretty much all 10 levels to finish the campaign. The final Revendreth scenario I had to do when I dinged 60.

So how is Threads of Fate an advantage? Do you get to do whatever quests you want in a chosen zone...no matter of covenant or side quests and don't need to complete the story?
    You don't do any of the main story quests - they're not present. You get XP from basically the following:

1) Side quests - they're all still there.

2) Bonus objectives - there seem to be a bunch more of them though maybe that's just perception.

3) World quests - including different ones which offer bonus XP and so on.

4) Dungeons - They are worth a surprisingly large amount of XP.

5) Completing these "zone bars" you can get from Tah-whatsit.

6) Rares and treasures.

About the only way it's actually faster than the normal way of leveling is if you chain dungeons with a short queue (i.e. tank or healer).
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

The maw intro feels like it should be at the end by the time you get to Baine.

Then it just keeps going.

The key-collection part is my least favorite, though.

It should for sure! Not sure how early we could skip bfa introduction quest line, but it was early on, so get it going Blizzard!

Straight into Oribos plox!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope you can skip both legion and WoD intro.
    Legion by talking to NPC.
    WoD by accepting quest and flying through dark portal (ignore Khadgar in front of it)

Wrong. You just need to turn off Chromie time for a minute to do it, since otherwise, it is trying to give you the full xpac experience incl scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Nope you can skip both legion and WoD intro.
    Legion by talking to NPC.
    WoD by accepting quest and flying through dark portal (ignore Khadgar in front of it)
    The option for Legion intro will not be there if you are on Chromie time, have to turn that off, skip, turn Chromie time back on.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It should for sure! Not sure how early we could skip bfa introduction quest line, but it was early on, so get it going Blizzard!

Straight into Oribos plox!
    They usually add the option to skip in the .1 patch I think

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    they will add it in the first patch like they did with Legion and BFA
    Considering we stillllll can't skip WoD's entire intro, I wouldn't bet money on it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is utterly false

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Considering we stillllll can't skip WoD's entire intro, I wouldn't bet money on it.
    abandon the quest before talking to khadgar and just run through the portal

It deposits you at the start of the first zone and skips the intro

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    You can skip both Legion and BfA’s intros. The trend is to skip