Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    He wasn't talking about Anduin, he was talking about us. For all his power and schemes the Jailer hasn't figured out a way to get out of the Maw yet.
    I'm not so sure; he probably didn't know the extent of Aduin's power until he saw it for himself, and Sylvanas is still trying to convince Anduin to join their side. You could be right though; we may unwittingly free him as per usual Blizzard writing. He hadn't captured us though, so it doesn't make much sense to me for him to claim he has what he needs now as we teleport out to Oribos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Wasn't that golden crown thing theorised to be alluding to Calia? Has that been cleared?
    The quote is
    The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

There is absolutely no doubt it refers to Turalyon. There never really was after we knew that he would be leading stormwind. Fits perfectly on him.

It sucks a bit for those of us who read some of the older warcraft novels though, he really was the absolute embodiment of the warrior paladin with a righteus heart. Not this new "the light is actually evil" shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The quote is

There is absolutely no doubt it refers to Turalyon. There never really was after we knew that he would be leading stormwind. Fits perfectly on him.

It sucks a bit for those of us who read some of the older warcraft novels though, he really was the absolute embodiment of the warrior paladin with a righteus heart. Not this new "the light is actually evil" shit.
    It can refer to Yrel too.

"The Golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of Light will bring only darkness."

The "throne" of Draenor is vacant ever since the Iron Horde's defeat 30 years ago, and Yrel is trying to fill that gap by unifying all of Draenor under her rule.

I also thought it could refer to Calia, but apparently she absolutely does not want any leadership role. That might change in the future of course. She would fit perfectly, as the throne of Lordaeron was left vacant after Sylvanas nuked the entire place with blight.

Right now, it's a 50/50 between Turalyon and Yrel. I hope it's Yrel, as Turalyon embodies the core ideals of the Alliance and should not be turned into a stupid villain.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I'm not sure why anyone is expecting anything other than Evil Turalyon/Stormwind with the recent reveal that implies Lothraxion is a double agent and Turalyon being on the throne AT ALL (as in, why would they even have him on it if not to cause drama later?)

Same thing happened with Vol'jin (Warchief ---> offscreen expansion ---> died to cause drama)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Anduin is MIA and for the duration of Shadowlands Turalyon technically is in charge of Stormwind and or Alliance military related matters. In a theoretical scenario of a Overzealous Naaru Army arriving on Azeroth. How many bets you wanna make Turalyon will be MORE then willing to let them in.
    Considering Turalyon is the High Exarch of the Army of the Light and Yrel is now his direct counterpart in the AU, it's practically a certainty at this point that he could turn to her and the Lightbound for aid at a catastrophic price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    After Anduin channels his powers of the light in the Maw to help us escape, the Jailer states that's exactly what he needs. He has a purpose for the Light that hasn't been revealed, but it's an obvious future theme like you said.
    Then there's the tidbits surrounding Z'rali, the Ember Ward, and the perpetual light that scars that part of Revendreth:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Z%27rali

I want to know more about what this "affront to the Light" was that they responded with such force that they literally nuked an entire ward with holy light. I feel like whatever went on here has plenty to do with the Jailer's newfound interest in Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

This is the second time I have to say this, and it surprises me, because I thought the difference was obvious:

MODEL =/= SKELETON
    It's because you made a subjective statement but you're now arguing an objective point. Her model is unique, yes. objectively. But you said "super" unique, which is an opinion. Other people are arguing that opinion. It could certainly be more unique. She still very clearly uses the base human model and does not obscure it as well as Jaina. Perhaps because Calia's silhouette hardly differs from your typical cloth wearing human female. The term "skeleton" is a term used to describe how it's rigged and animated and doesn't really have a place in this conversation.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-12-07 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    It's because you made a subjective statement but you're now arguing an objective point. Her model is unique, yes. objectively. But you said "super" unique, which is an opinion. Other people are arguing that opinion. It could certainly be more unique. She still very clearly uses the base human model and does not obscure it as well as Jaina. Perhaps because Calia's silhouette hardly differs from your typical cloth wearing human female. The term "skeleton" is a term used to describe how it's rigged and animated and doesn't really have a place in this conversation.
    They are not arguing whether the model is "super" unique, they are arguing about the skeleton. Completely different subjects. You're making their same mistake. The model is not the skeleton. The fact that she uses the generic human female skeleton doesn't make her model any less unique. And the fact that you said "she still uses the basic human model" proves that you are making the same mistake.

I agree, the skeleton doesn't have a place in this conversation, as I was talking about the model. It's not my fault if you people keep bringing it up.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-07 at 07:52 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They are not arguing whether the model is "super" unique, they are arguing about the skeleton.
    You have a very arbitrary and illogical idea of what a skeleton is. the skeleton has nothing to do with any part of her texture. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    You have a very arbitrary and illogical idea of what a skeleton is. the skeleton has nothing to do with any part of her texture. ever.
    That's... literally my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Considering Turalyon is the High Exarch of the Army of the Light and Yrel is now his direct counterpart in the AU, it's practically a certainty at this point that he could turn to her and the Lightbound for aid at a catastrophic price.

- - - Updated - - -

Then there's the tidbits surrounding Z'rali, the Ember Ward, and the perpetual light that scars that part of Revendreth:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Z%27rali

I want to know more about what this "affront to the Light" was that they responded with such force that they literally nuked an entire ward with holy light. I feel like whatever went on here has plenty to do with the Jailer's newfound interest in Anduin.
    The affront was kidnapping zrali to use it as a weapon

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    That was not the affront. Z'rail was part of that battle and was then taken.

We came seeking justice. Retribution. To answer an affront committed upon the Light itself.
    Our numbers were vast. Uncountable. Every heart burning with righteous fury.
    Many fell. But not before we unleashed a fire that our enemies could not endure. The seething scar of our vengeance still lingers in the firmament.
    I lay broken on the battlefield. Until the unseen ones found me. Preserved me. To serve as a vessel for their Sire's rage.
    But I endured. I knew the Light had a destiny. For me. And for your kind as well, mortal.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Z'rali was part of the retaliation force. They were driven back and she has been held prisoner for experimentation and torture ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Light and Shadow are having a pretty rising presence in the Shadowlands...

Kinda hints at something to come, ye?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Light and Shadow are having a pretty rising presence in the Shadowlands...

Kinda hints at something to come, ye?
    Well, it's not exactly a surprise i'd say. Bigger question is how far in the future are we looking at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Euuhhhh have you played shadowlands. There is nothing healing, sane or guiding about what tyrande is doing. She is going full john wick/rambo/terminator on everything in here path. Not even her own daughter can calm here down?

She maybe deep inside her still have a tiny bit priest. But right now she is fully comsumed with the power of the night warrior.
    First, hero characters like Anduin, Tyrande, Thrall do not follow strictly the class system. That's why Anduin is wearing plate armor.

Second, even as Night Warrior, Tyrande remains the Favored of Elune. She is still the head of the Sisterhood of Elune. She remains a priestess. That she uses her connection to Elune in a more aggressive manner does not make her any less a priestess of Elune. Heck, in Warcraft 3, her powers were all aggressive (except the Owl Scout).
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, it's not exactly a surprise i'd say. Bigger question is how far in the future are we looking at?
    Probably not too far, as Legion and the fall of the Black Empire were literally 2 expansions apart from each-other.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, didn't say it was a surprise. More like...coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather not the "HOly Light" be bad, just absurd.
    Really now? People are getting butthurt over showing that the Light needs to be in balance and can be "bad" if out of control?

What's next? Complain why Azeroth doesn't conform to the flat Earth theory?

Cause yeah, it takes a lot of bigotry to not be capable of accepting that the Light also has a toxic side like every other cosmic power.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Really now? People are getting butthurt over showing that the Light needs to be in balance and can be "bad" if out of control?

What's next? Complain why Azeroth doesn't conform to the flat Earth theory?

Cause yeah, it takes a lot of bigotry to not be capable of accepting that the Light also has a toxic side like every other cosmic power.
    Or we could just not do that and stick to the original Light being "force of good, literally" without retcons and attempts of "morally gray"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Not everything has to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Or we could just not do that and stick to the original Light being "force of good, literally" without retcons and attempts of "morally gray"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Not everything has to be changed.
    I don't think the Light was ever defined as that to begin with, so "stick to" isn't really applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    10.0 or 11.0. The other big theme Blizzard has been building for awhile is Dragons. Dragons and Light & Void would be my guesses for the next two expansions; I'm just not sure which will come first.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University