Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    built for dislike? What a pointless thing to say. I could say the same thing about you being a mindless fan boy just waiting to throw their money away but I wouldnt do that.

I've played video games for over 15 years. I can tell A LOT from gameplay footage.

I had my doubts over the FF7 remake world that proved correct. You could tell it looked stale from how little secret knooks and cranny potential there was in the level design so while the combat was great, there was nothing to explore.

When I saw the footage for this game alarm bells went off. I was hoping to be proved wrong but the luke warm response to the game doesnt surprise me at all
    Like I agree with your point on Doom Eternal bringing some newness to genre but CP77 is an RPG so I don't think it's two games you should compare side by side. I also disagree with your view on FF7R which is amazeballs. I guess it's just different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A 91(its current standing on OC) with early reviews is probably going to drop to high 80s. TLOU2 97 on day 1 and now sits at a 93, Doom Eternal 92 on day 1 and now an 89... etc. It's probably a worthwhile game for the people that wanted this setting but it's definitely not some earth shattering game of the generation. https://opencritic.com/browse/all It will probably finish out of the top 50 on this when its over a done. A good game, but not a generation defining one.
    Indeed, but for myself I never expected a "generation defining" game nor do I think such a thing is even possible in today's incredibly diverse gaming market. TW3 certainly didn't define its generation as far as I'm concerned, hell it wasn't even my favorite game of its year, albeit it was a very, very close second. Some games sometimes set a new standard for a genre (IE I think New Vegas set a standard for open world RPGs that hasn't been topped since, and Doom Eternal set a standard for single-player shooters) but for an entire generation? Couldn't name a single one myself.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet here you are still trash talking it when you long ago decided that it wasn't for you. Remember you stated today that 9/10 review score means it is crap while praising a 9/10 game as the best there ever could be. Yes you have built your opinion because of your dislike and can not get past that. You are acted like this game has wronged you in some fashion instead of just moving on.
    Sigh. Yeah i'll move on. You're not very good with reading comprehension and I have to repeat myself so I'll say it one last time and you can twist it however you like so you can just think im a negative nelly for not falling over myself for the new gaming lords CDPR.

Expectation for this game was MASSIVE. No, not my expectations, pretty much the entire gaming community, and if you missed that thats on you because marketing/buzz/word of mouth has been EVERYWHERE for this game for over a year. So when its not a 10/10 success that means it failed to live up to expectation. Which was my point months ago when I said its probably a good idea to keep hype down because very little in the world lives up to that kind of hype and its looking like I was right. I'd rather be wrong and have a good game, but it is what it is. I hope you get some enjoyment out of it. You clearly love it already so I hope it doesnt dissapoint
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expectation for this game was MASSIVE. No, not my expectations, pretty much the entire gaming community, and if you missed that thats on you because marketing/buzz/word of mouth has been EVERYWHERE for this game for over a year. So when its not a 10/10 success that means it failed to live up to expectation. Which was my point months ago when I said its probably a good idea to keep hype down because very little in the world lives up to that kind of hype and its looking like I was right. I'd rather be wrong and have a good game, but it is what it is. I hope you get some enjoyment out of it. You clearly love it already so I hope it doesnt dissapoint
    Massive hype doesn't require a perfect game. If that is what you expect then no game can every live up to the hype which is the problem with your approach. You've set it up for failure no matter what primarily because you've dislike the game for a while. You wouldn't rather be wrong and have a good game because this is so far a 9/10 game but you are still bashing it because of your personal taste. You've made every excuse you can think of for why Cyberpunk is a terrible game just in these last few pages and from the comments of others it has be going on for a while in this thread. I wouldn't know because I haven't followed the game other then a casual interest because it looks like something I'd enjoy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The fact people still bum fuck CDPR like they are this holy grail of game development is beyond me.

Meanwhile over at Supergiant.

https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/1...-off-per-year/
    CDPR is getting flak because they came out saying "we won't do crunch" and then had months long crunch.

People tend to look worse upon someone saying then will not do X, and then does X then someone who simply does X.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part of the game will likely be all the crunch that was done to get it here. :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Got bored waiting for it

That is a sweet build.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I'm reading, CDPR probably should have delayed it again. Sounds like the game is shipping with 'Skyrim at launch' levels of bugs and all sorts of broken jankiness.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm sorry you don't know what linear means

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla wow/tbc expansion
    oh yes, tanaris and hellfire were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo deep...
    damn i was even bored to death thanks all that running in the barrens....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Did you read the gamespot review? I have some problems with that review, I am not discrediting it, but I definitely won't be letting it affect my personal expectations. Some of the negatives they point out seem trivial and contrary. For anyone worried about that gamespot review, I would highly recommend reading the whole review to understand how that score was reached.
    I wish more people would realise that the number at the end is the least important part of the review. If it's half-decently written you can come away from a negative article with the premise that you would like the game or a positive one that gives you a bad impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    From what I'm reading, CDPR probably should have delayed it again. Sounds like the game is shipping with 'Skyrim at launch' levels of bugs and all sorts of broken jankiness.
    Which would be good, because I swear that Skyrim got more bugs with patches.

This is the first game in a very very long time I've let myself get on the hype train for, I'm really worried about getting burned but God does it feel good to be excited for a game launch again.

Vanilla wow/tbc expansion
    *spits coffee over keyboard*

Even Vanilla WoW was immensely shallow in terms of an open world RPG. Lots of fun things but simplified to allow for multiple players and funnelling towards a dungeon crawler mini-game.

ah yes the much discussed "pacifist" run. Forgive me if I dont believe it. Oh cool you can sneak past a room full of dudes in some missions. So much RPG!
    From what I've seen (been following the game since the very first teaser) CP just looks like Fallout. Not the game itself but the genre. And I don't think a lot of people realize that, and they think its something else entirely. CDPR just took the bethesda formula and made their own game.

there are spoilers/info about how much hard you can replace your body? is the mecha guy seens in the trailers somehow cosplayable?
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-12-08 at 12:01 AM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    From what I've seen (been following the game since the very first teaser) CP just looks like Fallout. Not the game itself but the genre. And I don't think a lot of people realize that, and they think its something else entirely. CDPR just took the bethesda formula and made their own game.
    IGN compared it to being a lot like Deus Ex, which is fine by me, i fucking love Deus Ex and will never stop being salty that they delayed the third (fourth?) game to make that abominable Avengers game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still really disappointed they scrapped 3rd person. Hopefully somebody makes a mod

People also tend to forget how inflated review scores are. A 9 from IGN is more like a 7/10 game - not bad, but not something that people were expecting given this is literally the biggest and most hyped game ever.

For a game riddled with bugs, getting 9s and 10s across the board should be a serious red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    IGN compared it to being a lot like Deus Ex, which is fine by me, i fucking love Deus Ex and will never stop being salty that they delayed the third (fourth?) game to make that abominable Avengers game.
    Deus Ex is also basically what I've been expecting, and am good with that.