Poll: Who's Tougher?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    No matter what disagreements we may have, I know my tone when writing can be harsh, I still love you buddy. I'm OK if we want to agree to disagree on those points.
    Meh, it's whatever. I get harsh too whenever I debate people. Idk why, maybe adrenaline? You're fine, don't worry about it. It's fun to find disagreements with people. I'm just tryna show you where I'm coming from, ya know? I understand your arguments though.

At first I want to believe Sargaras is stronger, especially by just pure brute strength or power because he can cleave planets in half, but there seems to be a lot of scenarios and variables to consider.

-Does being in the plane/universe of the living diminish some of the Jailer's abilities and powers directly? Of course indirectly it didnt stop him from creating certain events involving Arthas and what not.

-Does being in the plane of the after life/death diminish a Titan (fel-infused or not) and their abilities especially against the Jailer considering the realm of death, especially the maw, is where he's basically a god?

I'd say with the Jailer we need to see more of what hecan and can't do in order to compare the Jailer at his full strength while in the maw/dimension of the dead versus fel-infused Sargaras in the dimension of the living. Also need to consider if Blizz retcons anything we already know about Sargaras and titans in general.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    This. Is. DOWNPLAY! You're downplaying BOTH the Jailer and Sargeras him. lol stop
    I'm certainly not downplaying Sargeras. The fucker made a continent sized sword out of nothing and stabbed the planet practically as an afterthought. The effect of which would have destroyed everything if it weren't for a buunch of legendary weapons that exhausted their power, a magic dwarf, and a whole lot of ancient Titan technology. The guy almost annihilated a planet without trying.

If I'm downplaying the Jailer at all, it's because he hasn't actually done anything. He's ominous and generically scary. Until he decides to actually do something that competes with single handed complete global destruction as something of a reflex, he ain't in the same power level as Sargy.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm certainly not downplaying Sargeras. The fucker made a continent sized sword out of nothing and stabbed the planet practically as an afterthought. The effect of which would have destroyed everything if it weren't for a buunch of legendary weapons that exhausted their power, a magic dwarf, and a whole lot of ancient Titan technology. The guy almost annihilated a planet without trying.

If I'm downplaying the Jailer at all, it's because he hasn't actually done anything. He's ominous and generically scary. Until he decides to actually do something that competes with single handed complete global destruction as something of a reflex, he ain't in the same power level as Sargy.
    Lots of WoW characters were capable of destroying the planet. Sargeras has many more cosmic feats than mere planet destruction. Hell, Deathwing legit has Outerversal feats regarding the Madness fight, where he legit shakes the Emerald Dream to the core and threatens to destroy it. The Dream being comprised of Infinite Layers and is beyond concepts such as Time and Space.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Lots of WoW characters were capable of destroying the planet. Sargeras has many more cosmic feats than mere planet destruction. Hell, Deathwing legit has Outerversal feats regarding the Madness fight, where he legit shakes the Emerald Dream to the core and threatens to destroy it. The Dream being comprised of Infinite Layers and is beyond concepts such as Time and Space.
    I'm not saying that Sargeras isn't capable or hasn't done worse, just that the last time we saw the guy, he damn near destroyed the planet without even trying. So far we've seen the Jailer be broody and have a deep voice. The question of which is more powerful is answered pretty strongly until the Jailer, you know, does something.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm not saying that Sargeras isn't capable or hasn't done worse, just that the last time we saw the guy, he damn near destroyed the planet without even trying. So far we've seen the Jailer be broody and have a deep voice. The question of which is more powerful is answered pretty strongly until the Jailer, you know, does something.
    this sums it pretty much up.
    sargeras best feat so far is probably the fel storm, which he summoned to kill the pantheon. considering titan bodies are basically walking worlds, sargeras destroyed 5 worlds at once with that spell.
    meanwhile, the jailer was temporarily stopped by anduin atm, sooo...
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    this sums it pretty much up.
    sargeras best feat so far is probably the fel storm, which he summoned to kill the pantheon. considering titan bodies are basically walking worlds, sargeras destroyed 5 worlds at once with that spell.
    meanwhile, the jailer was temporarily stopped by anduin atm, sooo...
    The Felstorm is his best feat, but it ain't only because the Titan's are "living worlds". It's because of the fact that the Titan's are literally these neigh all-powerful beings that, together, were capable of:

1. Creating the Dream, an infinite layered realm outside the borders of reality, which is also beyond the concepts of Space and Time.

2. Creating/Shaping countless amounts of Planetary Systems in 1 mortal heartbeat (Algalon states this when you fight and defeat him).

3. Being masters of all magics. Eonar with Life, Norgannon with his practically infinite knowledge of things, Sargeras with his insane power in-regards to combat, Gol'ganneth with storms and natural disasters and shit, Argus with Death, and Aman'Thul with Time (As he's capable of comprehending all the infinite amount of possibilities and timelines, so much so that he himself figured out that there was 1 true timeline throughout all of it).

And 4. Just straight up being so badass, that the Void Lords couldn't corrupt them. Though, they couldn't really do much of anything in reality anyway. So, it's not like that matters much to begin with.

All of this, and Sargeras still smacked the goofy out of them, and broke their will to fight before destroying their bodies and claiming their souls from Ulduar.

Meanwhile, the Jailer is a POSSIBLE Cosmos buster. But that's still a POSSIBILITY! His feats are legit ass in almost every degree. In fact, his feats are probably worse than N'Zoth's atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they are worse than N'Zoth's. Fooling the Cosmos (WITH AID) is cool and all, but that ain't a fear. And the LK is, while a cool feat, not even fully the Jailer's power. It's a mixture of the Jailers will, as well as the Runecarvers power (Who can craft all the domination gear) that made the Helm + Frostmourne.

Meanwhile, N'Zoth held full sway over the Black Empire in Ny'alotha (Which basically makes him the strongest Old God, as he's unrivaled and claims all the territory), he literally dreamt an entire realm that doesn't obey the laws of space or time, and he was bridging entire dimensions just to reach Azeroth. Like...
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2020-12-08 at 01:16 PM.

This whole "Titan++" thing doesn't help us. First because there are useless Titans and incredibly powerful ones, so "Titan" is not a correct scale. Then, if "Titan" equals one million, then Titan++ might be equal to one million and two, for all we know.

This question will be impossible to answer until Jailer actually impresses us. For the moment yeah, "Sargeras > Aman'thul > ... > ... > ... > ............. >>>>>>> Jailer", because Jailer is all "bla, bla, bla", we see a glimpse of his power through Sylvanas but no clue for the full Jailer himself.

If at one point, the Jailer becomes angry and open Azeroth in half with his bare hands, he probably could be considered as stronger than Sargeras. We'll see in 9.3 or 4, I guess.

I think Jailer is an okay-ish powerful guy. Powerful enough to require to keep him chained for "eons", but most of his power will come from something else (probably the thing he's looking for in Runecarver's memory or through Anduin).

The only Titans we really know are the Pantheon, and Argus. I think Ion was comparing the Jailer to something akin to the Pantheon.

Sargeras shows more feats, either way.

- - - Updated - - -

And can we please stop using the "planet destroying" shit as a feat? I literally explain why the Titans are powerful, even beyond mere planetary status.

5+ Year Old Account
    LOL dat poll is quite... conclusive, I'd say. Almost no one gives a flying !@#$ about poor Blue Satan
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It seems like they could be almost evenly matched, perhaps Sargeras has an edge because corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    That makes no sense, they're ruining their own lore. You're saying a titan who is literally a world soul, who was so powerful he was champion of the Pantheon, who defeated the other pantheon in battle and could literally cut worlds in half. Is either weaker or on par with some dude the size of his ankle?

The lich king could be the strongest being in the universe and he would still be defeated by a dude who can just cut his planet in half with him on it
    Lich King has been confirmed to being owned by Lei Shen 1v1 so LK isn't that strong without his army

I dont know super much about lore, though ive been around since march 2005.. Trying to get more into it.

But i see people mention Jailer's size compared to Sargeras, does the size matter when speaking of how powerful someone is? Perhaps it does.

Do the ""people"" voting Sargeras even play the game lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I'm sure they have? Sure, they said the Jailer's a greater threat, but people are voting based on what we've seen of the characters SO FAR! I don't doubt the Jailer will be a greater foe than Sargeras at the climax of the expansion, but like...

Sargeras has just done more atm, ya know?

its nice and all saying the jailer is titans ++ but we havent even seen anything to show it yet, all we seen so far is him waggle his finger, twirl his mustache and fail to see us standing 20 feet beside him

5+ Year Old Account
    I think Sargeras is more powerful that it took all the Titans to imprison him. Both of them are even at causing evil that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoura View Post
    I dont know super much about lore, though ive been around since march 2005.. Trying to get more into it.

But i see people mention Jailer's size compared to Sargeras, does the size matter when speaking of how powerful someone is? Perhaps it does.
    Considering the players size and us slapping around titans and old gods, i say no.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think Sargeras is more powerful that it took all the Titans to imprison him. Both of them are even at causing evil that's for sure.
    Well, no. It was Argus' power that imprisoned him. The Titan Spirits merely did the ritual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Considering the players size and us slapping around titans and old gods, i say no.
    We only slapped 1 Eternal One, and a weakened asf Sargeras empowered Titan with the power of the Titan Spirits.

I'd say Sargeras can still smack us, same with Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Do the ""people"" voting Sargeras even play the game lmao
    its exactly bc they have played the game that they are voting sargeras. the jailer hasnt done anything impressive so far. anything at all.
    meanwhile, sargeras has done things weve seen no other being do.
    right now, its not even a question who woul demolish who.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.