Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just wait for the inevitable ramping up of resources as the expansion goes on. Don't kill yourself grinding stuff in this game, you can always get it later much much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just wait for the inevitable ramping up of resources as the expansion goes on. Don't kill yourself grinding stuff in this game, you can always get it later much much easier.
    Yea its gonne be much easier to get most shadowlands later with increased anima gain. A back for 3500 anima rn just seem a tad much

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    And after that it's 10k and the most expensive is 15k. So, what seems expensive now will be nothing in the long term. I agree with Gaidax here, so there's no point in farming like crazy now:
    But whos really grinding the hell out of this stuff anyways, maybe doing it for the calling or because your working on a zones rep, otherwise its not a lot. Outside of Tuesday where you do all the big time Anima stuff the rest of the week outside of a decent 250 WQ only gives a couple 35anima and barely equals 10 total..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You get get like 10k anima a week if you do pretty much everything each day. Then you need like what? 70k for Santum upgrades to unlock much of these items in the first place?

If it's worth it is subjective tbh, I personally would only try to get the sets that you actually want for now until Blizzard adds some catch up mechanics in later patches. Being a completionist is a nightmare right now.
    Seriously, whos averaging 1500 Anima a day and how. I only seen 11 35anima items and a 250Anima for WQ today. Thats only 635 and you still need about 900 more that day...

I haven't seen a single anima item from a mythic dungeon or a calling. I hope season one adds some none wq sources or I will never even finish building my sanctum let alone mogs

Quote Originally Posted by Warzog21 View Post
    Is it worth it to start anima grinding for the mog set? I see that some of the pieces cost 3,700 anima for 1 piece? thats quite a bit when you only get 100+ or so per world quest.
    Anima is basically order/war resources. I still have thousands from Legion.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aristai1723 View Post
    I haven't seen a single anima item from a mythic dungeon or a calling. I hope season one adds some none wq sources or I will never even finish building my sanctum let alone mogs
    You do realize that if you built all 4 structures over these 2 weeks, you still can't upgrade them this coming week anyway as the souls are gated.

Is it worth it to start anima grinding for the mog set? I see that some of the pieces cost 3,700 anima for 1 piece? thats quite a bit when you only get 100+ or so per world quest.
    you have 2 years of expansion to farm it .

plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Seriously, whos averaging 1500 Anima a day and how. I only seen 11 35anima items and a 250Anima for WQ today. Thats only 635 and you still need about 900 more that day...
    Some days give more than others, that was also a very optimistic guess to show a best case scenario. I've read countless times you get "drowned in anima" by doing 30 minutes of WQs and whenever I read it I have to hold myself back from calling these people lying sacks of shit, because 30 minutes is pretty much the time you just spend with travel per zone while clearing those. I did most of the anima WQs up until today on my main and I now have 8k stored, which will be instantly blown again next week when I can finally upgrade some more buildings and new stuff unlocks and there is no relief on the horizon, because we can't even buy the transmog yet (which I'd actually like to have).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Outside of Tuesday where you do all the big time Anima stuff
    It's tuesday today. I can't do anything new. I don't have any new quests. What are you talking about?

It is simple: Do you like the mog set? If yes... then it is. If not, then no need to bother. Might buy it later, when you drown in anima. While it currently looks like you need an awful lot of anima, and over 200 souls... which is a lot, for your covenant expansions and transmog stuff, the truth is, it is not used for anything else regardles. If you keep playing, you will have it sooner or later anyway.

Also, neither covenant expansion and transmogstuff is relevant for performance.
    You "have" to gather 1000 anima for a quest to further your covenant renown. Which is like 10 worldquest at worst. If you can pick up the 750 anima worldquest it is like 2-3 WQ...
    Last edited by josykay; 2020-12-08 at 11:29 AM.

And after that it's 10k and the most expensive is 15k. So, what seems expensive now will be nothing in the long term. I agree with Gaidax here, so there's no point in farming like crazy now:
    And just like the main mog is gated behind renown, the upgrades are gated behind souls. It'll take something like 6 weeks to fully upgrade one thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Since this is WoW we are talking about you cannot really get too worked up about this grind.

Be honest: if you unsub now and come back in a year you will probably get the Anima to buy every single piece after doing however many WQs are active at that time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect in a few months we will have more anima than we know what to do with.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's tuesday today. I can't do anything new. I don't have any new quests. What are you talking about?
    Probably talking about the dungeon weekly quests which give 350 anima. Every weekly reset you also get the "get 1000 anima" quest which gives you renown, allowing you to advance the campaign. So there's that.

I mean do you like tmogs or not? I believe some of the recolors come form things other than anima. The anima set is like 1 of 5 colors of the tmog set.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing those really anima expensive transmogs are more meant for mid to late expansion to give players a reason to keep grinding anime after they've completed all their covenant upgrades and such. They are way too expensive to waste your precious anime on right now, and the ones I've viewed on the Necrolord faction aren't that spectacular anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Probably talking about the dungeon weekly quests which give 350 anima. Every weekly reset you also get the "get 1000 anima" quest which gives you renown, allowing you to advance the campaign.
    None of those are available to me today.

As some have stated that you will be sitting on loads of anima over the expansion and that is true with Legion and BFA being examples of abundant of resources with no usage of them, anima will likely follow suit.
    Sets for the xmog costs 15,500 anima and 135 offerings. With us being on renown 9 once servers are up still 3 weeks before 16, and 4 more weeks after that to 26, 6 more weeks after that provided that the amount of renown you can get remains at 3 it will still be awhile till people are at 32 to get all pieces. By that time if you do your occasional anima world quests, bgs, dungeons, Weekly vault for anima (option but most likely not taken for a bit) you'll have more then enough to buy the entire set with plenty left over..

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those are available to me today.
    I dont know what to tell you then, not sure if youre EU or NA. On NA servers, after the weekly reset (tuesday after whatever time is the weekly reset normally), the weekly quests become available. Two in Oribos (dungeon weeklies, reward 175 anima each), and the renown weeklies in your covenant sanctum. Its been that way since launch. I havent been able to check in-game today because in NA the extended maintenance began before the weekly reset and realms are still not up.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it much, ud get it after a week or 2, is that too much to ask of todays players?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Don't farm for Anima. Farm for other things - Honor, Rep, Rares Treasures etc. You'll notice at the end of the day, you have quite the anima stockpile built up.

I am torn between the first back transmog and saving up too, But Transmog isn't going anywhere whereas the other features that cost anima have a tangible benefit to my power or time saved, so no rush for me.