Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

MM just got PVP nerfed

Oof.

(With realm restarts) Aimed Shot no longer deals 10% increased damage in PvP situations.
    (With realm restarts) Double Tap's extra Aimed Shot deals 50% reduced damage in PvP situations.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ecember-7-2020

The nerfs are rolling in. Meanwhile Sub is still stupid broken.

Not fast enough.

Nearest hunter is 65 yards away = suddenly you drop from 100% to 30% HP instantly as a paladin for no apparent reason. And then die 1.5 seconds later if you don't bubble.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh look the guy who cries about MM aoe now cries about deserved MM pvp nerfs ... and to be honest the nerfs aren't even that bad it may sound alot that double tap aimed got 50% nerf u still burst people with like 13k from 60 yards away

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Tell us the other half of the story though: After being skill checked for reaction, you bubble (well done you) gain in on the hunter while pushing your hp to max and blow a ridiculous shitstorm at them that kills them.
    The other half of the story - I'm 65 yards away. I use divine steed, he disengages. I use second charge divine steed, he cheetahs. HP to max? Forbearance doesn't allow me to do that. I'm still too far away and now I can't get to him, like, literally. I can't run away. I'm dead. Only hope is for someone else to deal with him. So you use divine steed to run away from him and drink.

But why do I even bother replying - you think one of the least mobile classes - paladins - are basically same shit as one of the most mobile classes - hunters. Also - "After being skill checked for reaction, you bubble (well done you)" - you said it like Hunters don't almost literally have a bubble on a shorter cooldown. Well they do, read it all about here - https://www.wowhead.com/spell=186265...-of-the-turtle

well done you, troll
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-12-08 at 11:19 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I mean, are you really surprised?

Burst plus low health pools = crying.

Btw, with this change, I'm done with the game itself until 9.1. Not really because of the nerf but because this nerf means I will have to pick up Explosive Shot, and I quite literally and positively have no more room for one more key in my comfortable key setup.

I'll come back in 9.1 when and if Blizzard come to their senses and actually buff BM so it's not be trash at PVP. Until then I have no reason to play WoW. Good thing Cyberpunk comes out in 2 days, just in time to keep me occupied.

Sub is fine, if you have to play piano to kill someone while being able to be stunned and 2-3 shot, you deserve to have something to show for your effort. Perhaps learn how to play against rogues instead of complaining and cheering for nerfs.
    Rogue main spotted.

How u can even say Sub is fine. Right now, rogue is crazy OP. But please teach us oh master of 700 rating games, how to survive rogues that can burst you through your cds while being immune to all cc.

U can have the best utility in the game, crazy survi, and be able to burst anyone in 3gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Btw, with this change, I'm done with the game itself until 9.1. Not really because of the nerf but because this nerf means I will have to pick up Explosive Shot, and I quite literally and positively have no more room for one more key in my comfortable key setup.

I'll come back in 9.1 when and if Blizzard come to their senses and actually buff BM so it's not be trash at PVP. Until then I have no reason to play WoW. Good thing Cyberpunk comes out in 2 days, just in time to keep me occupied.
    So, because you think talent x is now worse than talent y, that requires another hotkey you stop playing? That's kinda funny. Enjoy CP!

You do realize you are whining about the state of the game two weeks into the expansion right? There is nothing to respond to such absurdity mate get over it or turn off pvp until you learn the basics or get some gear.
    Everyone: "Statistics prove rogues are broken in pvp"

You:"No, rogues are fine. Learn to play."

MMO-Champion classic.

Crying and leaving the game because you couldn't find another keybind lmao.

This is even beyond first world problems.

Oof.

(With realm restarts) Aimed Shot no longer deals 10% increased damage in PvP situations.
    (With realm restarts) Double Tap's extra Aimed Shot deals 50% reduced damage in PvP situations.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ecember-7-2020

The nerfs are rolling in. Meanwhile Sub is still stupid broken.
    Totally agree bro. Well, I think MM needed a nerf, but yeh, subtely needds a nerf x3 and still did nothing to it.

Sub is fine, if you have to play piano to kill someone while being able to be stunned and 2-3 shot, you deserve to have something to show for your effort. Perhaps learn how to play against rogues instead of complaining and cheering for nerfs.
    Play the piano??? Here

/castsequence reset=10 Cold Blood(PvP Talent),Shadow Blades,Cheap Shot,Shadow Dance,Symbols of Death,Echoing Reprimand,Eviscerate,Marked for Death,Eviscerate,Cheap Shot,Shadowstrike,Eviscerate

Make a macro, paste that in there, spam press that one button and you will kill anyone who doesn't trinket your cheap shot. If you really want to get fancy you could use Drestagath, but that requires two hotkeys instead of one, and honestly isn't even necessary. Though it is good if you went for the crit legendary.

But let's not sit here and pretend Sub Rogue is any more difficult than any other class, that's just silly. If you truly don't think Sub needs nerfs you must be playing an entirely different game than the rest of us.

I read this kind of shit x16 years and sadly it actually has an effect on devs because they prefer to shut mouths instead of following logic and this ends up with classes hitting like wet noodles while others become OP once gear scales to a normal average level.

You can actually tell who doesn't know the game by who's complaining during the first two weeks when everyone is on their quest greens and blues.
    Oh I hate the fact that there's no burst allowed as much as anyone. More in fact, because I rarely if ever PvP. I think it's shit for the game that everything has to be balanced around that.

I played a lot of classes in BFA, and the fun ones were those with some actual burst to use. I think the worst offenders are those where the "burst" ability is up most of the time, like bestial wrath and Shadow priest void form. It feels less like burst, and more like a nerfed punishment phase when you're not in that state.

Any balancing patches should be looked at again when people have some actual gear to wear. Balancing around dungeon loot is stupid.

Anyone who has been doing a lot of PvP since launch seen this coming, Few classes are doing complete bonkers burst/damage. Welcome changes all round.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us the other half of the story though: After being skill checked for reaction, you bubble (well done you) gain in on the hunter while pushing your hp to max and blow a ridiculous shitstorm at them that kills them.
    It’s not fine with the current interaction with drest - my current record for fastest death is 2 globals. First global cold blood cheap, 2nd global 10k ER 10k drest - that is not ok and there is no realistic counterplay besides predicting a 1 shot and using an immunity within the first second of being stunned. ER has already been nerfed via conduit and drestagath will become less popular with gear, I only hope that CN trinkets aren’t as busted.

Lots of things are out of whack at the moment. I’m a multi glad and I get 2 popped by keyboard turners. I’m sad tbh, I loved playing sub rogue in BFA - they were rare and had the potential to carry with mass control - now every fotm reroller is destroying on them without knowing the 2nd thing about the spec, falling over if they don’t kill someone in the opener.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-12-08 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It’s not fine with the current interaction with drest - my current record for fastest death is 2 globals. First global cold blood cheap, 2nd global 10k ER 10k drest - that is not ok and there is no realistic counterplay besides predicting a 1 shot and using an immunity within the first second of being stunned.

Lots of things need nerfed. I’m a multi glad and I get 2 popped by keyboard turners. I’m sad tbh, I loved playing sub rogue in BFA - they were rare and had the potential to carry with mass control - now every fotm reroller is destroying on them without knowing the 2nd thing about the spec, falling over if they don’t kill someone in the opener.
    Weird how this doesn't happen to r1/tourny streamers who do wargames against good rogues, only scrubs in skirms/bgs who don't know any better.

I'm sure you're multi glad though.

Im sad when I see people asking others to be nerfed instead of their own classes to be improved. As for your macro, thats for the fotm scrubs no rogue worth their salt would use such ignorant shit. Perhaps you do though and its fine just dont compare your target dummy "facts" with pvp realities over 2500.
    If every class was buffed up to the level of Sub Rogues the game would be complete and utter garbage. Of course nobody decent at the game wants that to happen because it wouldn't be fun or skill based at all. Sub Rogues are currently the least skill based class in the game, making everyone else like that would be horrible.

And I wouldn't need a macro like that because I don't find using 6 abilities to be very difficult, but since you compared pressing 6 buttons to playing a piano I took that to mean you were having trouble with it.

Also really odd you brought up being over 2500 because there's a 0% chance you've ever gotten to even 2k, much less anything past that. You clearly just do BGs on your Rogue and think it's fun to kill people in Cheap Shot, but actual good players know that isn't good for the game and it isn't even fun after the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Weird how this doesn't happen to r1/tourny streamers who do wargames against good rogues, only scrubs in skirms/bgs who don't know any better.

It does happen to R1 players. There are literally videos of pikaboo deleting double R1 teams. Are you really defending it? Or is your excuse that pikaboo is just super dooper good and the average rogue can’t do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post

Not sure what you are watching. But literally, the first 5 videos on youtube show rogues solo killing multi glad players in less than 1.5 secs. But even "scrubs" shouldn't die from pressing 3 buttons by the rogue.

Then you know that during quest blue gear time (first 2-3 weeks) you can't judge how any spec/class performs. What more is there to say? Lets come back and discuss when everyone has their gear. Every expansion we have the same crap: X is OP Y is OP (usually it goes for melee classes that scale better in low gear). Once everyone gets their gear balance is restored but try explain this to people who just put the whine disk to endless loop.
    I did say that it’s largely due to the interaction with trinkets that will quickly fall out of flavour. My point is that, right now, it’s a shitstorm and saying it’s not is crazy.

I still believe that nerfs are needed, however.