Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It does happen to R1 players. There are literally videos of pikaboo deleting double R1 teams. Are you really defending it? Or is your excuse that pikaboo is just super dooper good and the average rogue can’t do it?
    An out of context clip does a lot to boost the popularity of a youtuber/streamer (and apparently sway the minds of the public), but does nothing to prove your point.

Link me a video of pikaboo queuing into r1 teams and "deleting" them multiple times with no counterplay available. You won't be able to. Feel free to watch cdew,, flop or minpojke (these are the three I've personally seen, but I'm sure there's others you can watch) queue for 8+ hours of skirms and successfully surviving through this supposed attack that has "no legitimate counterplay."

Is it strong? Yes. Is it *WAY* too early in the expansion to tell if it's legitimately OP? Yes. We need more gear and meta analysis before we can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Sub is fine, if you have to play piano to kill someone while being able to be stunned and 2-3 shot, you deserve to have something to show for your effort. Perhaps learn how to play against rogues instead of complaining and cheering for nerfs.
    Sry, rogues being able to kill most classes while keeping them stunlocked is not "fine". Also they can disengage at any moment the fight turns, stealth and run away, if their burst and 10 seconds of stunlocking did not kill their target. If the only counter to a class is the PvP trinket, then it's not fine.
    That's of course talking about 1vs1, in any other content they might be fine. But they are THE class for WM ganking and you really don't have much counterplay against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Not sure what you are watching. But literally, the first 5 videos on youtube show rogues solo killing multi glad players in less than 1.5 secs. But even "scrubs" shouldn't die from pressing 3 buttons by the rogue.
    Yes dude, that's how they get clicks from people like you. By showing out of context clips that get people talking.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need more hunters here defending this

I don't think so, you seem to think so and thats why you come here to complain against being outplayed by a skilled player using a class that is your 100% counter and asking for nerfs. Well breaking news: All classes have their complete counter. You can also have your skill counter aka a class you could beat but you can't because you are not skilled enough, you can have gear counter aka classes that you could kill but outgear you and you can have the perfect storm aka a class that is your counter played by someone better than you.

So exactly what is your point when you ask for nerfs so you can catch up? You are thinking pvp in terms of a duel outside SW. Ofc its someone else's job to kill the hunter while you take cover. Not sure why you felt the need to insult me for stating the facts. Do not let your sense of entitlement get you killed in pvp.
    So I cried and they nerfed MM.

Suck it I guess. I win.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yes dude, that's how they get clicks from people like you. By showing out of context clips that get people talking.
    People like me? I don't watch any wow pvp at all. Only searched for it because you brought it up.

The point still stands out of context or not. That rogues have the capability of doing this is stupid enough.

Your post is full personal insults as if I am in charge of anything in the game. If you have trouble killing rogues or worse you get killed by rogues its YOUR problem. Asking for a global solution to what is basically an l2p personal issue that you are having is sad and laughable. I shouldn't have to suffer because you are incompetent.

Go learn your class read a guide get better or just go play another game. We should be done with whiners by now the game suffers from all this crybaby endless whining that ends up with "nerf X nerf Y nerf Z".

And kindly don't pretend that you don't like burst because your "skills" can't shine. Burst should be burst. You are asking for the most burst class to be toned down so it can be as bad as the one you chose.
    I didn't insult you in any way, in fact you were the one insulting me, but that's okay I guess.

Like just reading what you're saying makes me realize this is pointless. You have literally no idea how the game is played at a high level, I'd be shocked to learn you ever even did any arenas at all.

Gonna take a shot in the dark and guess you're like 14 or 15 years old and you play a Rogue but do nothing more than BGs. You think it's fun to kill someone in 2 seconds and then Vanish and wait in stealth for 3 minutes for Shadowblades to come back up while your team loses the game. But you're having fun so it's fine. Am I right?

Thanks god it's nerfed

People like me? I don't watch any wow pvp at all. Only searched for it because you brought it up.
    Yes, it's obvious your knowledge of pvp is nonexistent.

The point still stands out of context or not. That rogues have the capability of doing this is stupid enough.
    It's stupid that a burst class can burst people?

It's no surprise that we always end up in dampening metas when this is the average person's understanding of arena/pvp.

Yes, it's obvious your knowledge of pvp is nonexistent.

It's stupid that a burst class can burst people?

It's no surprise that we always end up in dampening metas when this is the average person's understanding of arena/pvp.
    Just watch your streamers! One day you will become one of your heroes, too! You can do it! xD

Anyway, no reason to discuss with someone who thinks that killing people in a second is fun pvp gameplay.

I play rogue You just made my life a lot easier with the MM nerfs. Thank you.
    Eh, rogue burst is crazy, but so is everyone elses, it's just MM was not crazy, but batshit insane.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Current state of arena: 30 min games hugging the pillar waiting for healing to completely deteriorate before you can wet noodle your half asleep opponents to death. God forbid burst might fix that shit.
    What's even crazier is the same people who complain about high burst classes are the ones that also complain when games last 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. This was needed.

Your need to get so personal is sad. So according to you I am posting here since I was 9 years old. And as I am a vanilla player which is like 16 yrs ago right? I was not even born when I started playing wow. Stop your self ridicule mate and move on. Spend some time learning not to die from rogues.
    Yeah pretty obvious nonsense, no way you've been playing from vanilla but think Rogues are fine now. Seems like I was right about everything I've said thus far, and all you can do is say "l2p" over and over and over.

Coming from someone that's been 2.4k+ on Rogue every expansion since Wrath I can safely say Rogues need to be nerfed pretty hard right now, they could lose 30% of their burst damage and still be a tier 1 spec. If you think otherwise you simply don't understand how the game works at a high level, which you've basically proven multiple times so far.

Sub is fine, if you have to play piano to kill someone while being able to be stunned and 2-3 shot, you deserve to have something to show for your effort.
    Rogue is not any harder to play than a hunter and you know it. Rogue v Hunter boils down to who gets the opener when both can practically 3 shot the other.

You are talking 1v1 in open world. There is no place to run and hide in arena you know that. And you are not alone in arena you know that also. So what the fuck is the complaint here? That you could supposedly get hurt by a rogue while questing? And the class should be nerfed for that? And we are supposed to discuss this shit seriously?
    Let's be real here, even in a more ambitious setting, sub is a tad too bursty when you take the constant availability of CC into consideration. While we'll have to wait how it plays out over SL season 1, a slight nerf is probably warranted. We just have to pray that they don't overdo it... like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    One spec being OP doesn't mean your spec isn't OP

Sub had a whole expansion of being non-viable, MM didn't
    2 whole 10cccccc

An out of context clip does a lot to boost the popularity of a youtuber/streamer (and apparently sway the minds of the public), but does nothing to prove your point.

Link me a video of pikaboo queuing into r1 teams and "deleting" them multiple times with no counterplay available. You won't be able to. Feel free to watch cdew,, flop or minpojke (these are the three I've personally seen, but I'm sure there's others you can watch) queue for 8+ hours of skirms and successfully surviving through this supposed attack that has "no legitimate counterplay."

Is it strong? Yes. Is it *WAY* too early in the expansion to tell if it's legitimately OP? Yes. We need more gear and meta analysis before we can do that.
    Out of curiosity, what’s your experience? You’re coming off as incredibly ignorant. Of course it’s possible to survive it, that doesn’t mean it’s not very strong. Just because gear scaling may fix the problem (I still believe more tuning is needed), it doesn’t mean that, at this current moment, they’re not a bit crazy.

I do agree that current gear has a huge impact on just how strong they are right now, but I still believe that they will receive further tweaks down the line.

Furthermore, my point? The post I replied to said that it didn’t happen to r1s, I’m saying it can - am
    I wrong? I’m not a rank 1 (yet) but I have high glad experience and it has happened to me; sometimes by not very good players.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-12-08 at 12:46 PM.

This is just a repeat of every expansion and this nerf has a good chance to, again, ruin MM hunters for an entire expansion.

The nerf was justified for this moment.
    The major issue however is that in about 3-4 weeks from now this nerf is no longer needed and blizzard will not undo it.
    At that point there is a good point that MM will again be a sub-par spec.

Without the option to do some burst with Aimed Shot, MM really has very little going for it.
    I really hope that blizzard will look at classes again in a few weeks, but I'm 99% sure this change will not be undone or compensated for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Out of curiosity, what’s your experience? You’re coming off as incredibly ignorant. You can’t be serious; of course it’s possible to survive it, that doesn’t mean it’s not very strong. Just because gear scaling may fix the problem (I still believe more tuning is needed), it doesn’t mean that, at this current moment, they’re not a bit crazy.
    My experience is irrelevant, but I was gladiator grievous/prideful seasons.

It being strong right now also doesn't mean much since it's week 2 of a brand new expansion and we have no gear, and me pointing out that it's survivable is simply offering a counterpoint to the absurd notion that there's no counterplay available (as you said yourself).

People suggesting rogue gets nerfed to the ground because of the current state of rogues are simply bad at the game.
    Last edited by Mozu; 2020-12-08 at 12:52 PM.