Voters
789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A lot of people in here complaining that wow is wow as if that was somehow a shock

Oh there's quests? You don't say! It's a B movie story? What? What do you mean!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    A bunch of chests appeared on my Bastion map yesterday when I was doing whatever the equivalent of the Emissary is. On reaching them, often in itself not an easy task, they were locked, requiring some random item or objective to open. There were no breadcrumbs about how I might achieve this. That's just bad game design.
    I found two chests that were only reachable via a small hidden crack covered with vegetation. Both were guarded. The first gave me nothing important and the second had 3 mobs with 25k hp. Since I was leveling... nope.

But the locked thing is really annoying as a rogue. Why? Because they cannot be lock picked. I mean... that's part of BEING a rogue - you can pick locks. But not these...

Week 2 and still way better than BfA in week 2. Unfortunately the grinds at max level are tedious and super boring. Dungeons are hella fun though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Are you blind, sir?

[IMG]
    What, forests where you live don't have mystic lights and glowing trees? Seeing those everywhere around here.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I get that and agree. We're in the AFTERLIFE. Yet it just feels like another place. It doesn't feel different enough from live Azeroth and if you just teleported someone there and didn't tell them it was supposed to be the afterlife and asked them top judge where they were based on the environment, no one would guess that it's the realm of death. Obviously they would from the dialog etc but not the environment.

Even the Maw is not that different from Argus or the Firelands.
    There's real world mythologies where the afterlife is almost identical to normal life. So that's hardly out of line. And Firelands and Argus are the odd ones out there, i'd say. Neither is exactly a normal place, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    consensus seems Legion was the pinnacle for the "new WoW" era. Too bad I missed most of it.
    too bad, Legion is 2nd or 3rd most time i played wow, after wrath and tbc
    SL right now seems annoyingly gated with covenant, they are everything, i still wait however for future to see how it will go
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From what i've seen, it's an actual Hearthstone themed after your Covenant, not a port to your Sanctum. And 11.
    Yeah I saw that, not what we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

There's real world mythologies where the afterlife is almost identical to normal life. So that's hardly out of line. And Firelands and Argus are the odd ones out there, i'd say. Neither is exactly a normal place, either.
    Very true. Of course then 'the realm of Death will overrun all of the living worlds' is much less of a threat, isn't it? (unless of course the realm of Death looks like The Maw)

Are you blind, sir?

Twitch removes the phrase 'blind playthrough' because of concerns it is offensive to disabled people
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...abled%20people.

*cough* Ori and the First Playthrough Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Every expansion is great at first.
    BFA was not great at first. Nor was MoP. Nor was Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Very true. Of course then 'the realm of Death will overrun all of the living worlds' is much less of a threat, isn't it? (unless of course the realm of Death looks like The Maw)
    Given that it is less "the realm of Death" and more "the Jailer and his forces"... Maw is pretty much exactly what you're looking at.

Despite the bursting meta for PvP, I have found the questing 50-60 refreshing with a clean storyline. Looking forwards to see the next content in Thorgast, especially the levels that are dedicated for transmog (not the mandatory ones). Plus, some regions are gorgeous, such as the Bastion!

Might be the best exp in a long time imo

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...abled%20people.

*cough* Ori and the First Playthrough Forest
    What does Twitch have to do with this? Also you posted a article that forces you to pay to read it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The only reason to play wow is to raidlog while getting 90%+ parses, so it depends on how friendly SL is to that. If it's grindy to get "the right" gear, the correct levels of whatever permagrind bullshit they have, etc... then no. Legion and BFA were not friendly to this mindset. Last xpac that was... was WOTLK.

My rule of thumb is I should only need to spend 1/4th the time outside of a raid to time inside a raid to maximize my raid potential (after hitting level cap).

Are you blind, sir?

It looks kinda like some places in Legion. That place with the blue dragons for example

Quote Originally Posted by tyranade View Post
    I doesn't feel like WoW anymore. I just decided to stop sub and drop this X-pack. I miss the living! large world. It's a really strange feeling for me. It's not the WoW I know.
    I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. However yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-12-08 at 12:35 PM.

I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. But yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    its 2 different games and era lol. there are som good parts with retail right, but overall its completey different, and its not what i signed up for either when i started playing wow in the first place....

but alas these are times we are living in

I think the WoW you may be describing has been gone for a number of years now. However yes, I follow you completely, but my main memories are from the vanilla/tbc/wotlk era. The game is so different now it really doesn't even resemble the original game.
    don't discount the fact that your not the same as you were 10 years ago.
    Just as games change over time, so do people.

That is why, imo, classic was doomed from the start. Even if the game was a perfect replica, we the players are not who we where back in those days.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    don't discount the fact that your not the same as you were 10 years ago.
    Just as games change over time, so do people.

That is why, imo, classic was doomed from the start. Even if the game was a perfect replica, we the players are not who we where back in those days.
    Cant say I entirely disagree; however theres probably a little more to it than that. I think the player base has changed due to changes in the game - game leads - players follow. For instance, my (very) long standing guild, and friends list are pretty much empty. Mainly due to the "old school" type people being unhappy with the way WoW has went for the past several or more years. Now they no longer play, even on a part time, casual level. Different crowd, with different expectations of the game.

Classic, there seems to be some issues there with it that weren't there in the original release. Something about gold hording, at least thats what I heard. I only played it a short while when it first released. Also, yes, its really just the 'been there, done that' factor as well.

It's the first time since I started playing in Beta that I'm ready to quite after two weeks.

I mainly quest and explore, pugging dungeons and LFR for the stories with about a half-dozen characters. Then I go on an OCD-fueled collection rampage.

I wasn't a fan of Cataclysm or Warlords of Draenor (though I still enjoyed them enough to play them for many months), but liked the rest - including BFA. I thought BFA had several cool, fun, or interesting storylines (on the Alliance side). The terrain was also not terrible in most places (more of a puzzle for my DH main using double jump, Fel Rush, and Vengeful Retreat). The zones also looked good - even the darker ones.

The storylines in Shadowlands, to me, are at best boring. So far there's been only one character I've found interesting - Draka - and that tale didn't last long. The quest stories themselves are otherwise lifeless at best, and at worst, I feel like I'm forced help or support people and actions I disagree with. The overall storyline also seems like it should be far better than it's playing out. The fight for choice should be a very interesting one. How is this one so boring?

Shadowlands also has the worst looking zones I can remember. I'm not saying the art and models are necessarily bad, but the all-encompassing dreariness and lack of contrast in every zone (except one that still manages to feel very monochromatic) is horrible. Getting around is also not interesting. It feels very linear with no way to even attempt to puzzle around overhanging very tall sheer cliffs.

Overall it's been a grave disappointment. Since beta, I've only been unsubbed for a couple months here and there near the end of certain expansions - I don't think I've ever unsubbed from an expansion earlier than 6 months in. I'm about ready to call this one quits for good already.
    Last edited by DSRilk; 2020-12-08 at 01:33 PM.