Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    That is absolutely correct. HOWEVER! Companies in general seem to be incapable of just ignoring Twitter SJWs, and then they bend over to please them, causing the game's quality to drop, and then it's already too late.

Also SJWs have this magical power that even if the game is crashing and burning in sales, somehow it gets all the awards in the world because it has the right woke elements and it goes well with the SJWs (ex. The Last of Us 2), which makes other game developers believe that this is the right way, and then the quality of all video games drops in the shitter. AND THEN YOU WILL CARE.
    Last of Us 2 got great sales though, beating Spider-Man and God of War in their release windows.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny considering it all started with SJWs crying that every game on the planet doesn't have representation for all the races, genders, sexual preferences, skin colors, hair colors, ages, body weights, political opinions, etc etc etc etc etc, hence the term "snowflakes".
    I thought the snowflakes were the people complaining about "SJWs" and expanding representation because it offended their delicate sensibilities to feel less special.

Preordered my first AAA game since Dark Souls III against my better judgement. Thank the heavens for the Steam refund window if it really ends up as buggy as some people are reporting (& yes I know there's a day one patch, but that doesn't always make things better).

Fingers crossed it's good!

There's a trigger warning out for epileptics, some of it is what you'd expect from a flashy, neon-soaked, cyber-related game but there's also a part that seems to be modelled after real-life seizure-inducing technology.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12...-epileptic-psa

When "suiting up" for a BD, especially with Judy, V will be given a headset that is meant to onset the instance. The headset fits over both eyes and features a rapid onslaught of white and red blinking LEDs, much like the actual device neurologists use in real life to trigger a seizure when they need to trigger one for diagnosis purposes. If not modeled off of the IRL design, it's a very spot-on coincidence, and because of that this is one aspect that I would personally advise you to avoid altogether. When you notice the headset come into play, look away completely or close your eyes. This is a pattern of lights designed to trigger an epileptic episode and it very much did that in my own personal playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There's only 2 genders after all, white male, and political.

By this point, the "anti-SJW" KiA type crowd is more obnoxious than the people they're complaining about.
    I miss the times when we could have female protagonists and it wasn't a scandal.
    I also miss the times when we could have male protagonists and it wasn't a scandal.

When you start taking sides you're already part of one of the obnoxious groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's a trigger warning out for epileptics, some of it is what you'd expect from a flashy, neon-soaked, cyber-related game but there's also a part that seems to be modelled after real-life seizure-inducing technology.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12...-epileptic-psa
    I dont know if I should congratulate them on dedicating to realism or facepalming because of the idiotic decision of actualy putting it into a medium without any precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's literally what Mirishka said. White males mad that they're not the only ones being represented.
    When were white males the only ones being represented?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I miss the times when we could have female protagonists and it wasn't a scandal.
    I also miss the times when we could have male protagonists and it wasn't a scandal.

You miss times that never ended?

There is no shortage of male protagonists in video games, it's just a bunch of people blowing a gasket about things being "political" when minority ethnicities etc appears in games too.

Also SJWs have this magical power that even if the game is crashing and burning in sales, somehow it gets all the awards in the world because it has the right woke elements and it goes well with the SJWs (ex. The Last of Us 2)
    One of the best selling Ps4 games crashed and burned in sales? Where is your bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You miss times that never ended?

There is no shortage of male protagonists in video games, it's just a bunch of people blowing a gasket about things being "political" when minority ethnicities etc appears in games too.
    What do you mean never ended?
    Minority ethnicities always appeared in games, movies and tv shows, didn't used to be a big thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean never ended?
    Minority ethnicities always appeared in games, movies and tv shows, didn't used to be a big thing.
    The internet happened and so on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    One of the best selling Ps4 games crashed and burned in sales? Where is your bar?
    Was it? I only find articles that say it sold really well in the first 3 days and then very few that state that the sales dropped for 80%. I don't find a comparison of their sales for the first month compared to other games.
    I don't even doubt that it sold well but it's strange that you only find 100 articles stating it sold well the first 3 days and basically nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should engage the person who made the supposition?
    What? You said that white males are angry they are not the only ones being represented. I asked when that ever was the case. I don't undestand your answer. Who made what supposition?
    Or do you say that white males were always through history angry about not being represented? I don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzVMOb5Me7MsOj1Q754AaABCQ

Considering this, we cant even know which reviews were made after the patch a few days ago, also the anti-leak DRM may cause performace issues.

Try again, I said that's what Mirishka said. Did you skip the beginning of my post or some shit?
    And you supported that statement or am i wrong? Ah who cares, forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally what Mirishka said. White males mad that they're not the only ones being represented.
    It's literally not.

Mirishka: White males are whining about SJWS
    The Butt witch: yea but SJWs started by whining about minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    When were white males the only ones being represented?
    70-00?
    to be fair we can add male japanese from all the jap games, but the point doesnt change
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-12-08 at 04:02 PM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    70-00?
    to be fair we can add male japanese from all the jap games, but the point doesnt change
    I don't know how you can say that with a straight face... it's not like some of the most iconic female protagonists were born in that period, and are still being milked... I'll give you that minorities weren't very represented, mostly because they were guess what? that's right, minorities. Not only population wise but as customers too.

If you wanna be "fair" and keep representation even based either on population demographics or sales demographics, then we'd need to reduce a lot of these minority roles, because they are vastly over-represented in recent years (not talking about just games though, but in all media).

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    70-00?
    to be fair we can add male japanese from all the jap games, but the point doesnt change?
    I'd say from 70-90 no one was represented because your character ususally only were ~12 pixel. After that.. don't know there were a lot of games where you played women and non-white people soooo i don't know what games you played.
    Like Tomb Raider, Starcraft, Resident Evil, The longest Journey, Parasite Eve, Bloodrayne, every fighting game ever....

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I don't know how you can say that with a straight face... it's not like some of the most iconic female protagonists were born in that period, and are still being milked... I'll give you that minorities weren't very represented, mostly because they were guess what? that's right, minorities. Not only population wise but as customers too.

If you wanna be "fair" and keep representation even based either on population demographics or sales demographics, then we'd need to reduce a lot of these minority roles, because they are vastly over-represented in recent years (not talking about just games though, but in all media).
    what? metroid and lara croft? lul, so much representation....
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-12-08 at 04:22 PM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we get back to talking about the game please? Who cares about who is or isn't represented in a video game? It's such a pointless discussion.

For me the issue is that it's a scandal at all, on either side.

I just want to play the game, I couldn't care less what race, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation a character is...I just want to play the game and experience it.

There are incredibly annoying people on both sides of the SJW fence. The people complaining about "OMG it's a cis, straight, white male again!" are just as annoying as the folks that complain about "OMG it's not an LGBTQ+ character!" to me.

I don't need or want the character's personal life to be shoved down my throat, when in most cases it doesn't even make sense. If those aspects of the characters life don't have any impact on the game itself, or the story it's trying to tell, why do I need to know?