Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Comical to see people conflating "first day buys" with success.

We'll see at the end of expansion.

BFA is generally considered one of the worst expansions by Blizzard and yet we have White Knights fighting tooth and nail for Blizzard's honor. Just like Trump supporters defending Trump, lol.
    BFA was also never properly tested and Blizzard ignored 90% of the feedback we provided (Unlike Shadowlands...so far). Also, quit bringing Politics in here.

Its almost as if theres a global pandemic forcing people to stay at their homes right now, surely thats just a coincidence though

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    A good portion of which are probably Classic players.
    Even tho the whole point of the post was about Shadowlands, with no mention of Classic whatsoever. Why are you Classic Andy's always projecting Classic on everything current WoW related?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Its almost as if theres a global pandemic forcing people to stay at their homes right now, surely thats just a coincidence though
    That alone doesn't make people want to play WoW.

This is getting funny. Any achievement WoW gets right now is Corvid's fault but anything it messes up on has nothing to do with it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Imagine being so bitter something like this upsets you. get a grip.

15+ Year Old Account
    You also get to: Do Mythic Dungeons and get gear, do PVP and have fun while gaining Honor for your gear + upgrades, do Mythic+ Dungeons to get higher gear and a better challenge (With the more challenge providing a better upgrade from the Great Vault), doing Torghast for your Soul Ash, doing the Maw for your dailies and Eye of the Jailer stuff, completing Castle Nathria, and doing your professions to craft more pieces for your legendary items. Did I also forget to mention Mount Farming across the Shadowlands, World PVP, leveling Alts, and some other examples I forgot about while typing this cause my brain is weird atm?

There is a LOT to do in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can do most of this on your choice. ON YOUR CHOICE!
    Youre listing off weeklies, stuff that isnt out and stuff thats in every expansion. So, what makes shadowlands itself good where you want to log in everyday for hours? This is the least ive played a new expansion ever

BFA was also never properly tested and Blizzard ignored 90% of the feedback we provided (Unlike Shadowlands...so far). Also, quit bringing Politics in here.
    When an example is as accurate as possible... I'm going to bring politics into it.

and @Cazze, what edge? lol.

Sylvanas has boobs.

Even tho the whole point of the post was about Shadowlands, with no mention of Classic whatsoever. Why are you Classic Andy's always projecting Classic on everything current WoW related?
    What does this even mean? It's illogical to attribute the total number of active subscriptions to Shadowlands when there's literally a second game that feeds into that number which wasn't there back when MoP, WoD, Legion or BfA launched. Why do you feel the need to get this defensive over me bringing up this simple fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What does this even mean? It's illogical to attribute the total number of active subscriptions to Shadowlands when there's literally a second game that feeds into that number which wasn't there back when MoP, WoD, Legion or BfA launched. Why do you feel the need to get this defensive over me bringing up this simple fact?
    Classic feeds into Retail's numbers, sure. However, that doesn't feed into Shadowlands' sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    who's Andy?
    Idk. Some weirdo from Toy Story.

BfA may have been the worst expansion I ever played, and I've been playing since Vanilla, March of 2005. Warlords was another really bad expansion, but the following Legion expansion was very good. I hope that Shadowlands will have a similar recovery.

With regards to the big numbers right now, they're temporary. As the weeks pass, and the next two months maybe, more and more players will stop playing the expansion. Your typical "I'm going to get a taste of the expansion" casuals/gamers. As the months pass after that, more and more raiders will stop playing the expansion as well since they don't actually want to make the long-term commitment and deal with guild problems associated with running a steady raid environment.

At the end of the day you'll get back down to your usual WoW-lifers, just like every expansion. There's always hype at the beginning of an expansion. There was major hype at the start of Warlords, too, but that expansion turned out to be a hot mess with tons of people quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Youre listing off weeklies, stuff that isnt out and stuff thats in every expansion. So, what makes shadowlands itself good where you want to log in everyday for hours? This is the least ive played a new expansion ever
    I mean, it's been out for two weeks, and because of people complaining over Ap grinding they took that out... So of course you'd have played this expansion the least since it's only 2 weeks old.
    But every expansion has kind of the same stuff with the xpac wide new feature... in this case it'd be Torghast... and The Maw, which would be a daily thing... so I don't understand your dismisal of Shadowlands' activities there.

Classic feeds into Retail's numbers, sure. However, that doesn't feed into Shadowlands' sales.
    The person I responded to was talking about current subscriptions based on the subscriptions pre-launch (Shadowlands) surpassing other expansion's pre-launch periods. They brought up a number which is based on the subscribers during the period right before WoD launched but back then Classic obviously wasn't a thing. That's literally all I said.

WOW DEAD me play classic autoattack for loot is good!

Seems the Cyberpunk delay also helped lmao
    I could never get this train of thinking how a single player game will cull players from mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    People literally couldn’t wait to leave BfA
    You know you can quit wow and you would have left BfA. Buying the expansion is not the only option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe that's the good thing. Maybe SL is just a game you can play when you want instead of feeling forced to play every day. In SL you will be finally able to raidlog again. But you CAN do more if you want to. You can play the game for the fun of playing the game, not driven by the need for constant rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I might be stupid, but why the heck should Classic Players buy an Expansion that they dont play?
    I meant in engagement levels.

Should have specified that.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    I mean, it's been out for two weeks, and because of people complaining over Ap grinding they took that out... So of course you'd have played this expansion the least since it's only 2 weeks old.
    But every expansion has kind of the same stuff with the xpac wide new feature... in this case it'd be Torghast... and The Maw, which would be a daily thing... so I don't understand your dismisal of Shadowlands' activities there.
    Because the mawis just 2 dailies in an annoying zone after youve done your weeklies and theres no reason to do torghast once youve got your weekly soul ash. Im just trying to figure out why people are praising this expansion when theres a lack of new, fun daily things to do

this can be interperted in so many ways lol
    what are they saying, someone help me

is the amount of players now exceeding 12 million ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Maybe that's the good thing. Maybe SL is just a game you can play when you want instead of feeling forced to play every day. In SL you will be finally able to raidlog again. But you CAN do more if you want to. You can play the game for the fun of playing the game, not driven by the need for constant rewards.
    I actually do want to play more but im just like, why would i when my weeklies are done?