Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So whats the problem with shadow priest?

Six times in the last few days i've joined a random dungeon and seen vote kick show up for a shadow priest player with a reason like "lol spriest" or "shadow preist isnt for pve" and i'm the only one that hits no i guess as the shadow priest player is kicked out and i guess has to suffer a 30 minute debuff for no reason.

I haven't touched Shadow since Legion and it seemed fine then but that was years ago now. Whats the problem thats make the already asshole nature of wow dungeon finder players be this obnoxious?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2020-12-06 at 12:17 AM.

you sure are guessing a lot. seems like an anecdotal issue...

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know to be honest. My alt is an Spriest and I had no issues doing M0 with pugs. Even got invited into some pugs that needed 1 DPS only, so my best bet would be you were grouped more than once with some toxic players that still live in some old age.

Force of habit and bad memories.
    Spriest was.... well trash in BFA beacuse he did less dmg if target died too quick. He was good on high keys, but on low, where most PUGs do only low keys, he was trash
    Now spriest is nearly godlike in mythics, even low key and ppl are stil "omg spriest? he can do dmg lol"

Simple: they are idiots. Spriest was bad, but they got an overwork and now they are good.

That's just trolls. I'm #1 dps in every dungeon I join unless a Hunter queues up. SPriest is very strong.

SPriest is absolutely insane right now.

They don't know wtf they're talking about.

Also I don't get all these people complaining about stuff like that, I basically did like 50 dungeons to level my SP and there wasn't ever anything even CLOSE to this. People go in, stomp the dungeon, get out. Hardly any talking, much less about what class is meta.

shadow is top tier SS rank dps atm. they are just trash.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Im strugling on trash with my AOE damage, but i have yet to see anyone be over me on 1-3 target bosses.. Especially singletarget im waaaaaay ahead.

I thought my aoe dmg was good then i just saw a BM out do me with beast cleave alone ._.

I main an SP, never have I been kicked for "lol SP". Its DPS is very good in Shadowlands...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGood View Post
    Im strugling on trash with my AOE damage, but i have yet to see anyone be over me on 1-3 target bosses.. Especially singletarget im waaaaaay ahead.
    For dungeons try shadow crash and definetly searing nightmares. I also use mind bender so a can passivly generate even more insanity every minute to cast more searing nightmares.
    Really having a blast in AOE situations and i'm competitive in single target as well with this build even though searing nightmares is basically useless there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed mains to priest this expansion for the first time in 10 years and I have never, ever seen this. I’ve run many normals, heroics, and pugged at least someone in every single mythic dungeon in a week. I went sometimes as spriest, sometimes as holy. No one ever made fun of anyone else who was a priest (my partner played with me and he’s a longtime spriest). No one was booted.

No one I know has reported this in game. No one on my servers has even once, when I’ve been online, said this in group, community, guild, or trade chats.

I find this scenario super unlikely. While I suppose it’s possible, without evidence of some sort, like a screenshot, I think you’re making this up to cause drama on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Six times in the last few days i've joined a random dungeon and seen vote kick show up for a shadow priest player with a reason like "lol spriest" or "shadow preist isnt for pve" and i'm the only one that hits no i guess as the shadow priest player is kicked out and i guess has to suffer a 30 minute debuff for no reason.

I haven't touched Shadow since Legion and it seemed fine then but that was years ago now. Whats the problem thats make the already asshole nature of wow dungeon finder players be this obnoxious?
    shadow priests are actually very strong, after a few hours getting to 60 and in just 151 gear bought from the AH i joined a M0 group and was doing as equally well or doing better dps with players with 20-30 more ilvl, so if they kick a SP before they even played at all then they have no clue about the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I'm currently fotming a Shadow Priest. Perception will catch up with the meta, unless we get nerfed. Damage and toolkit actually is incredible. What's wrong with them is they are broken strong.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

I haven't touched Shadow since Legion and it seemed fine then but that was years ago now. Whats the problem that's make the already asshole nature of wow dungeon finder players be this obnoxious?
    Lol this didn't happen. That's absolutely ridiculous. I've played since end of vanilla with mega OP classes and super shit classes. Never have I been kicked, started a kick, or voted to kick someone who was playing a class purely based on the class. More likely you're doing something incredibly toxic (which I'm sure you're aware of) and playing it off as "but muh class"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    they are broken strong.
    Funny how Spriest being strong for a change makes it "broken", while Hunter and Mage should be entitled to be broken and considered normal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    shadow is top tier SS rank dps atm.
    No they're not lol.

No aoe slow, limited CC, Interupts, Stuns

Their main utility is Fortitude..

Most classes can DPS just fine, that is not a real factor.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have not experienced this at all, so far I have yet to be kicked from a pug or had any snide remarks made towards me. Actually, most pugs I was in was a positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    No they're not lol.

No aoe slow, limited CC, Interupts, Stuns

Their main utility is Fortitude..

Most classes can DPS just fine, that is not a real factor.
    I feel you skimmed over the utility.