Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I gave you the link -- you can check other MMOs in comparison to WoW yourself.

I never said anything about stat manipulation -- you are looking at other people's posts and mixing them up.

Blizzard seems to make this claim about whatever the latest expansion happens to be. Conveniently, it is always the latest (and current) one that is the 'fastest selling PC game of all time'. Makes you wonder.

Way to use cleaver wording Blizzard. Total sales matter, no some bs number that is a total from 1 year. Expansion is a DLC and not stand alone game, this is fastest selling bs is just that bs. Release sub numbers Blizzard, then you can brag on and on, this is nothing more than a fluff piece.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2020-12-09 at 07:29 AM.

Blizz has good reasons for not posting sub numbers or any direct metrics with competitors (but like i explained above, despite "only" having 3M average monthly subs compared to the glory years, they're still making over a half billion a year just with WoW, so it's not going anywhere):

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...raft,runescape
    Last edited by Druantis; 2020-12-09 at 08:09 AM.

Corona helping the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druantis View Post
    Blizz has good reasons for not posting sub numbers or any direct metrics with competitors (but like i explained above, despite "only" having 3M average monthly subs compared to the glory years, they're still making over a half billion a year just with WoW, so it's not going anywhere):

Oh people here will get so triggered if you post the one comparing it to FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Corona helping the business.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh people here will get so triggered if you post the one comparing it to FFXIV.
    I've only ever played Warcraft (well, except my old BioWare days), but here you are:

- - - Updated - - -

Though it's much worse if you look at just the United States:

Again though, as I showed above how WoW itself is still raking in over a half to three quarters of a billion a year, it's not going anywhere...
    Last edited by Druantis; 2020-12-09 at 08:12 AM.

Those results are showing only what YOU want to belive, not the reality.
    Just becasue you only see a portion of the sky, doesn't mean that's the only sky it exists.

No one uses World of Warcraft to search anything about World of Warcraft
    Think outside of the box.

The game is doing fine, and if it is doing better then the last decade, then now it has more subs then WoD had. Ofc they will decline, but even at 3milion players, this game is still the king and, I will repeat myself, even at its lowest, where we all shit on BFA systems, we still played 1 year out of 2 that means we bought every damn expansion.

I'm having a blast in SL and I hope it will continue as much as it will.

GL HF, be open minded.

Darkness, dude, you deserve your name. But for you, as it seems, your glass of WoW will be always HALF empty, never HALF full.

Lol, you don't work professionally in the field if you think wow is a search term on its own, as it includes WOW airline, the band Bow Wow, and a thousand other search connections.

Nice try though, but don't panic I'm only challenging part of your make believe worldview, because, as I said, WoW still generates 1/2 to 3/4 of a BILLION dollars per year in revenue with its 3M average monthly subs, so it's not going anywhere.

Whereas your made up search of "wow" shows that presently it has half the interest of Fortnite, which has 350 MILLION players. So are you suggesting world of warcraft at its peak in 2008 had 500M players and currently has 175M players? Hah hah, you should go work for Rudy!

And there is no argument you can win here, Blizz has officially proven you are wrong, because it wouldn't have stopped publishing sub numbers if they were as good as you wish them to be (constantly declining down to 5.5M by end of WoD when they stopped reporting for this very reason -- and they've declined since then until they've leveled out to 3M average with temporary peaks during expansion releases).
    Last edited by Druantis; 2020-12-09 at 08:44 AM.

Lol, you don't work professionally in the field if you think wow is a search term on it's own, as it includes WOW airline, the band Bow Wow, and a thousand other terms..
    ^
    This happens when you are a troll hater and don't belive even what Google has to say about "Related QUERIES TOP".
    Have you ever searched the term "wow" on google, or better on duckduckgo, to see what are the first hundreds results ?

Stop bending reality to your needs and face it, face the results. The trend growing until 2012, showed on the google trending graph ... sure has alot to do with "WOW airline, the band Bow Wow, and a thousand other terms."

Grow up, leave the game if you hate it or criticize it with constructive realistic facts. Sure BFA had the worst systems in the word, seems like blizzard learned from that and listened to the comunity.

Hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    ^
    This happens when you are a troll hater and don't belive even what Google has to say about "Related QUERIES TOP".
    Have you ever searched the term "wow" on google, or better on duckduckgo, to see what are the first hundreds results ?

Stop bending reality to your needs and face it, face the results. The trend growing until 2012, showed on the google trending graph ... sure has alot to do with "WOW airline, the band Bow Wow, and a thousand other terms."

Grow up, leave the game if you hate it or criticize it with constructive realistic facts. Sure BFA had the worst systems in the word, seems like blizzard learned from that and listened to the comunity.

Hope for the best.
    I love how you completely avoided my third and fourth paragraphs so you could bend reality. Don't worry, the new Matrix will be out soon, so you can keep living your dream.
    Last edited by Druantis; 2020-12-09 at 08:37 AM.

I love how you completely avoided my third paragraph so you could bend reality. Don't worry, the new Matrix will be out soon, so you can keep living your dream.
    My GOD, to bad you pointed that out, cause you might not have underlined how big of a "math genius" and number interpreter you are.

Whereas your made up search of "wow" shows that presently it has half the interest of Fortnite, which has 350 MILLION players. So are you suggesting world of warcraft has 175M players? Hah hah!

If this is your logic, you clearly aren't working in any IT-seo related domain.

Your logic is that the number of searches are related to numbers of players ? How about me searching 5 things wow torghast booses; wow covenant night fae, wow armory 2v2, and so on ?

Dude, how can you even make a statement that popularity number= players number ?

The fact that all the spikes are alligned to each expansion release, to classic release, and so on.
    I rest my case, you go on now and preach us how bad wow is, how low wow is, how your glass can be even more less then empty

I love how you completely avoided my third and fourth paragraphs so you could bend reality. Don't worry, the new Matrix will be out soon, so you can keep living your dream.
    wait...theres a matrix coming out?!?!

Whereas your made up search of "wow" shows that presently it has half the interest of Fortnite, which has 350 MILLION players. So are you suggesting world of warcraft at its peak in 2008 had 500M players and currently has 175M players? Hah hah, you should go work for Rudy!

And there is no argument you can win here, Blizz has officially proven you are wrong, because it wouldn't have stopped publishing sub numbers if they were as good as you wish them to be (constantly declining down to 5.5M by end of WoD when they stopped reporting for this very reason -- and they've declined since then until they've leveled out to 3M average with temporary peaks during expansion releases).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wait...theres a matrix coming out?!?!
    You bet, unlike my worthy opponent, I actually know what I'm talking about!

- - - Updated - - -

You bet, unlike my worthy opponent, I actually know what I'm talking about!
    dang,just looked it up...coming 2021,with keanu coming back...wow how did i not know this

Given their shady history, Blizzard should not be trusted with claims like these about "fasting growing PC game of all time". Anybody with a sense of reason can smell the BS from a mile away.

I am really happy for them and the game but I really dislike their blatant hypocrisy.
    When the game is doing fine they're so eager to show numbers to everyone as a way to pat themselves on the back.
    When the game is doing horrible they hide their numbers, never stating that there's a decrease in players/playtime/sales even when asked directly.
    Inb4 "This is Corporations 101" and I know, but that doesn't mean their blatant hypocrisy needn't be pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    dang,just looked it up...coming 2021,with keanu coming back...wow how did i not know this
    Blame it on the covid. Well, and on the Qult and the crazy election year down there.

Blame it on the covid.
    what?was it suposed to come early? right now its at december 2021 sadly

This is lovely. Great achievement.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Have they posted info about cancelled pre-orders? I guess, this two things are related.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.