Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Could someone explain what happened here?

Hi... check this combat log out...

https://ibb.co/Jzs6gpy

So I was hunting down this assassin rogue to get that bag. Trinket, kyrian covenant, shadowblades 2.5k :O? and 4 eviscerates in a row without building combo points... can someone explain how!? This dude doesn't even have the crit from stealth legendary... guy runs with legendary that causes VANISH to reduce 20 sec on other skills... and no arena exp too LMAO...

Can someone explain what just happened?

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post

So I was hunting down this assassin rogue to get that bag. Trinket, kyrian covenant, shadowblades 2.5k :O? and 4 eviscerates in a row without building combo points... can someone explain how!? This dude doesn't even have the crit from stealth legendary... guy runs with legendary that causes VANISH to reduce 20 sec on other skills... and no arena exp too LMAO...

There are alot of dmg modifiers there:
    Vanish legendary giving 15% dmg
    Symbol providing another 10%
    Prob Potw another 5%
    Dance giving 30%
    Find weakness another ~8-10

And it is not 4 evicesrate. It is just 2. With find weaknesses you get to do additional eviscerate shadow damage, then he MFD you and evis again with additional shadow damage.

Before you say its broken, he literally used every single cool down in the world.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is vanish legendary giving 15% dmg?

Symbols gives 15% dmg, shadow dance another 15% which equals 30% and it's a standard burst window... Blades add 50% dmg on top of it.

Anything else? I don't get it. I guess the combat log just bugged out this way but man I went down in a second...
    Last edited by kubasniak; 2020-12-08 at 04:05 AM.

Pretty sure this is a case of the Kyrian covenant ability with Reverberating Strikes where consuming your anima charged finisher acts as though it used 20 combo points; since there isn't a numerical value associated to hitting for anything more than 6 (maybe 7 with Kyrian now?) it probably considered it as 4 separate 5 point Eviscerates. Not sure if it's available yet though, so just a guess.

[Edit] Nope, above poster got it. I didn't notice the shadow damage on the second eviscerates for both of them. They're using the Deathly Shadows legendary (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=340092/deathly-shadows) so they used an Evis and then vanished to get the 15% damage buff and full 5 combo points to use it a second time back to back. They're not using the one you're thinking of which is this one: (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=340080...ing-shadowdust)
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2020-12-08 at 04:08 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty much 3 globals?

Open with cold blood > Covenant (with increased dmg from conduit and shadow dmg from blades) > Evis with blades shadow dmg > MfD Evis? Insane dmg but explains it all actually.

He doesn't use the Deathly Shadows legendary... he uses Invigorating Shadowdust so this didn't give him shit at all...

Also Kyrian covenant makes the ability hit like a 7 combo point instead of power of 5... the 20 combo point you get as a perk in Torghast and not outside of it.

the shadow damage portion of eviscerate is split from the physical damage portion in the combat log.
    He only hit you with 2 eviserates, the other 2 is just the shadow damage bonus from find weakness.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    How is vanish legendary giving 15% dmg?

Symbols gives 15% dmg, shadow dance another 15% which equals 30% and it's a standard burst window... Blades add 50% dmg on top of it.

Anything else? I don't get it. I guess the combat log just bugged out this way but man I went down in a second...

Symbols giving 15% dmg boost now? i thought i was 10% (rerolled priest so im a bit outdated) well i think it should be toned down to 10% as a first step to tone down a little bit of sub burst.

Shadow blades adding 50%dmg? on abilities? since when O.o ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Symbols giving 15% dmg boost now? i thought i was 10% (rerolled priest so im a bit outdated) well i think it should be toned down to 10% as a first step to tone down a little bit of sub burst.

Shadow blades adding 50%dmg? on abilities? since when O.o ?
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=121471/shadow-blades

looks like rather long time
    it`s on 3 min cd so fucking opener for them may be painful

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=121471/shadow-blades

looks like rather long time
    it`s on 3 min cd so fucking opener for them may be painful
    not only that, but if the rogue uses the suggested talents for PvP, he only has 1 charge of ShD, so stun after first global would kill all offensive capabilities for ~60sec.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    There are alot of dmg modifiers there:
    Vanish legendary giving 15% dmg
    Symbol providing another 10%
    Prob Potw another 5%
    Dance giving 30%
    Find weakness another ~8-10

And it is not 4 evicesrate. It is just 2. With find weaknesses you get to do additional eviscerate shadow damage, then he MFD you and evis again with additional shadow damage.

Before you say its broken, he literally used every single cool down in the world.
    Are you really saying it's not broken?
    No matter how many cooldowns (with a macro, so skilled lul), rogues killing in cheapshots are getting out of hand

Right now Warrior, Sub, MM and Enh have so much burst you can die before you even realize you need to stop harvesting the mining node.

Eviscerate => Marked for Death => Eviscerate

10+ Year Old Account
    Subtlety rogues are broke AF, that is the short of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Subtlety rogues are broke AF, that is the short of it.
    It's the legendary effect Mark of the Master Assassin. Can get past that they don't have much.

Yes, Rogues are stupidly broken in PVP right now.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Are you really saying it's not broken?
    No matter how many cooldowns (with a macro, so skilled lul), rogues killing in cheapshots are getting out of hand
    Im not saying they are not broken just pointing out that he/she/that/it used all available cooldowns.

I remember playing sub in legion and while they had big burst, we did not 100-0 you in a stun, but we we were like -12% agility and 10-15% reduced eviscerate dmg or something like that. maybe they can do the same again but oh boy please make that aura visible in someway or another as tracking those hidden values was so stressful.

Playing with a 1 button cast sequence macro is so dumb, good luck getting a high rating in anything with that...

It's so disappointing to see Subtlety regain its throne as the dominant PvP spec, but not based on skillful CCs for offensive setups and defensive disruption and creating winning situations with smart CD trades, but instead because of gimmicky one shots.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    It's so disappointing to see Subtlety regain its throne as the dominant PvP spec, but not based on skillful CCs for offensive setups and defensive disruption and creating winning situations with smart CD trades, but instead because of gimmicky one shots.
    Part of this is due to health pools in SL being way too small imo. Sub is also overtuned in pvp, which blizz will address and the kyrian covenant ability hits too hard on its own.

But I do wish blizz did something about enveloping shadows. With dance now giving a damage buff baseline, this talent is just way too strong especially with dance lasting 8 seconds. At least with dark shadow there is a risk involved, as you have one dance charge for more damage, but can be heavily punished if you use Dance at the wrong time. You just can't be punished with Enveloping shadows, and with a 2 charge dance that also means you get more cc, etc. it's just too much in pvp with pretty much no drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Why do you care? You don't even play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Why do you care? You don't even play the game.
    Is this a serious question? The answer is obvious -- use your brain.

I want to play the game, and this shitty dumbed down class design and gimmicky one shot gameplay in PvP is the reason that I don't.

If Subtlety PvP gameplay was still based on using strategy and CC rather than big yellow numbers that delete somebody in a single Cheap Shot, obviously I would play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Part of this is due to health pools in SL being way too small imo. Sub is also overtuned in pvp, which blizz will address and the kyrian covenant ability hits too hard on its own.

But I do wish blizz did something about enveloping shadows. With dance now giving a damage buff baseline, this talent is just way too strong especially with dance lasting 8 seconds. At least with dark shadow there is a risk involved, as you have one dance charge for more damage, but can be heavily punished if you use Dance at the wrong time. You just can't be punished with Enveloping shadows, and with a 2 charge dance that also means you get more cc, etc. it's just too much in pvp with pretty much no drawback.
    Shadow Blades is a massive, massive component of the problem too. It's a poorly designed ability, intended to be exciting for a least common denominator audience that gets excited about a big dumb damage CD and sHaDoW mAgIc ClAsS fAnTaSy, that ruins Subtlety's identity (should be a 1min burst cadence spec, for a long time it was THE prototype of that) and presents huge balance problems because of the massive burst it creates.

(In general, the game has too many big 3min damage CDs, and Subtlety is the absolute last spec that should have one of these...)
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams