Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    how are you healing as prot without pulling threat by keeping your Holy power generation going?
    you don't have to be in melee range to use any of your abilities, if your tank cant keep aggro from the occasional avengers shield you find a new tank
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by ksehsatoo View Post
    Wait what? How is holy clunky? I've never had so much fun in my life on a spec. It is the best as its ever been. The problem I often hear is that you proablly hardcasting heals? I maybe casted holy light a dozen times since I'm 60. It's all about a fast paced holy shock spam . I hope they never change holy again xD
    Yeah, you're right, the content right now is a joke and super easy.. Makes holy seem decent. Just you wait until we need to do more.

Watch any other healing class do a dungeon and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying holy is completely useless, it's just far below other healers and even in most cases below prot (when generating and using HP solely on heals)

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Yeah, you're right, the content right now is a joke and super easy.. Makes holy seem decent. Just you wait until we need to do more.

Watch any other healing class do a dungeon and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying holy is completely useless, it's just far below other healers and even in most cases below prot (when generating and using HP solely on heals)
    Nah, holy paladin is fine compared to other healers. Lots of tools, lots of heals, lots of insta heals, mediocre damage. Please post video of you playing so we can help with your rotation and prioritizing skills.

I have 3 healers that I've run all m0 with already -, holy Pala, resto sham and mw monk. Holy Paladin is just as good as any other.

My guess is you didn't adapt to how hpala is supposed to play in m0 now compared to previous expacs - in melee generating npower through crus strikes and barely hard casting.

Quote Originally Posted by octapusx View Post
    Nah, holy paladin is fine compared to other healers. Lots of tools, lots of heals, lots of insta heals, mediocre damage. Please post video of you playing so we can help with your rotation and prioritizing skills.
    Okay i stand corrected. While holy paladin is fine, i just tried out prot healing. TS is right, you are able to heal just fine. I was able to pull 3.5k hps consistently while dishing out tons of damage. It was insane.

Wtf blizzard this is ridiculous. Fun, but ridicolous.

Quote Originally Posted by octapusx View Post
    Okay i stand corrected. While holy paladin is fine, i just tried out prot healing. TS is right, you are able to heal just fine. I was able to pull 3.5k hps consistently while dishing out tons of damage. It was insane.

Wtf blizzard this is ridiculous. Fun, but ridicolous.
    Tanks healing is mostly just for themselves, especially with some of the aoes in mythic your group is going to die without a healer, mythic plus will increase the dmg taken even further, so most tanks can pump hps when required but healers can pump out far more hps when needed.

Holy paladin is mostly instant heals atm, with the legendery you will use it with holy light for 50% increased healing when needed and just keep as much glimmer up as possible, tons of overhealing atm.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-08 at 11:03 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Tanks healing is mostly just for themselves
    That's just not at all true.

Most of prot self healing is from using WoG, which you can freely use on whichever target needs healing at the moment. WoG with the appropriate talent will fill up a low-hp target in one cast. It's absolutely amazing for healing your teammates right now.

I have run Mythic0 dungeons as a tank while doing most of the healing at the same time, with our actual healer just focusing on dealing damage. You can do the healing yourself in Mythic0 dungeons, with the exception of a few pulls in certaing dungeons where damage to your party can't be simply avoided by moving.
    mythic plus will increase the dmg taken even further, so most tanks can pump hps when required but healers can pump out far more hps when needed.
    Well yes, harder content is harder, but this thread is about healing Mythic0, which prot paladins can do for the most part.

Even in Mythic+ your protection healing on your party will be absolutely wonderful. Being able to instantly bring your DPS classes to almost full HP when they're low is just blessed when you're running higher level mythics. It's basically just Lay on Hands for days.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2020-12-09 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatali View Post
    That's just not at all true.

Most of prot self healing is from using WoG, which you can freely use on whichever target needs healing at the moment. WoG with the appropriate talent will fill up a low-hp target in one cast. It's absolutely amazing for healing your teammates right now.

I have run Mythic0 dungeons as a tank while doing most of the healing at the same time, with our actual healer just focusing on dealing damage. You can do the healing yourself in Mythic0 dungeons, with the exception of a few pulls in certaing dungeons where damage to your party can't be simply avoided by moving.

Well yes, harder content is harder, but this thread is about healing Mythic0, which prot paladins can do for the most part.

Even in Mythic+ your protection healing on your party will be absolutely wonderful. Being able to instantly bring your DPS classes to almost full HP when they're low is just blessed when you're running higher level mythics. It's basically just Lay on Hands for days.
    Thats the whole point in tanks having a heal, to use it on themselves mostly, its only used on others in emergency situations otherwise its pointless and your wasting HP when you could use it for dmg/dmg reduction instead of a pointless heal when the healer could do that anyway.

Point is a tank cant do more healing than a healer, they just end up higher sometimes because they take a ton of dmg then instantly heal up putting the healers heals into overhealing instead.

Thats the whole point in tanks having a heal, to use it on themselves mostly, its only used on others in emergency situations otherwise its pointless and your wasting HP when you could use it for dmg/dmg reduction instead of a pointless heal when the healer could do that anyway.

Point is a tank cant do more healing than a healer, they just end up higher sometimes because they take a ton of dmg then instantly heal up putting the healers heals into overhealing instead.
    Bro you are missing what is being said. This guy is healing the dungeon as prot, not tanking it and casting heals on himself.

Prot healing is nuts. It probably wont get nerfed until we see some insane numbers on the KT fight, when people figure out that prot is a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by sage41 View Post
    Bro you are missing what is being said. This guy is healing the dungeon as prot, not tanking it and casting heals on himself.

Prot healing is nuts. It probably wont get nerfed until we see some insane numbers on the KT fight, when people figure out that prot is a healer.
    In M0 you can get away with throwing a heal on party members but in mythic plus there is not many times you will be able to sacrifice that heal because tanks take insane dmg so the heals are the only way to survive, even in M0 in current gear you cant get away with just having a prot be a healer but M0 content is no harder than a heroic and easily outgeared.

The incoming dmg tanks take is much higher that any other expansion and thats why they all have a form of healing or they will die before a healer can even have a chance to cast a heal.