View Poll Results: blood elves must be a horde race?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • I like blood elves in the horde

103 66.88%
  • I prefer ogres or other race

51 33.12%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like asking to remove humans from the Alliance.

Belfs are the majority of the Horde by a long shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    currently an alliance player can create an elf that looks almost the same as a blood elf.
    Oh I see - you're suggesting that they would get the customizations, not that they have them. Apologies, I misunderstood that.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-12-10 at 07:50 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Blood elves are the red headed step child of the horde. They should of been wiped out and all player toons deleted.

the sanlayn would not destroy quelthalas, it would be the alliance. The playable sanlayn would be the reanimated corpses of the blood elves.
    Kappa... "We didn't actually destroy quelthalas, we just killed them all and then turned them into vampires bro."

10+ Year Old Account
    No, though i would love to have Ogres in the Horde as playable options, is about time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Kappa... "We didn't actually destroy quelthalas, we just killed them all and then turned them into vampires bro."
    I repeat, the ones who killed everyone would be the alliance mainly void elves, the sanlayn would only raise the corpses into undead after the slaughter was over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    No, though i would love to have Ogres in the Horde as playable options, is about time.
    this obvius

i want playable ogres(i do not want to lose blood elves)

I just want a 2 head ogre option so i can talk to myself without looking like a crazy pants.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't replace any race and just add Ogres anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The Original TBC blood elves were a perfect fit for the Horde. Arrogant, desperate, betrayed, power hungry, and savage. It's kind of sad that Blizzard just ended their arc so soon (even if it was good for them lorewise) and made them happy little elves instead of "Blood" Elves.
    Blood Elves staying with the Horde after the fucking Draenei saved them from their degenerate ways was just incredibly retarded. Then Blizzard did the same thing with the Nightborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    I repeat, the ones who killed everyone would be the alliance mainly void elves, the sanlayn would only raise the corpses into undead after the slaughter was over.
    Sanlayn is another race i really want, though i wouldn't want to lose BE for the sake of Sanlayn, BFA give me such hope of getting them as Allied race, but alas it was not meant to be, maybe in the future. (Maybe Kaelthas coming back from the Shadowlands and retaking his forces that died in Northrend and became the Sanlayn?, who knows)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with my Blood Elf being Horde. I don't see a reason to switch him out with another edgier "blood" elf (San'lyan).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    They were in the Alliance family a lot longer. Thiefs, they stoles them the filthy horde. The precious.
    In lore? Yes
    In actual real life years? Nah
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

@ravenmoon @Mace

These are the 3 scenarios that I thought of where the blood elves are eliminated from the horde and are replaced by one of the races that are proposed.

ogre proposal.
    Canonically the ogres manage to capture elderthalas, there the ogres begin to play with dangerous magic. The blood elves send ambassadors to try to guide the ogres and stop doing dangerous things but the ogres attack the blood elves. lorthemar explains to the horde what is happening but due to the horde's weakness in war, nobody wants to do anything. lorthemar decides to take matters into his own hands and sends an army to stop the ogres, they meet the highborne of the alliance who try to regain their old home, the elves win but the council expels the blood elves from the horde by fighting a horde race with the help of the alliance.
    the ogres now as a playable race fight to retake elderthalas.

forest trolls.
    the forest trolls see the horde's defeat in war as a signal to attack the blood elves, but in battle alleria and her elves decide to help defend quelthalas from their ancient enemy. the blood elves not receiving help from their allies against the amani leave the horde. The Zandalari are negotiating for the Amani to rejoin the horde now as a playable race.

sanlayn.
    Alleria contacts Narsilla Keensight, the spy of the alliance in quelthalas and asks her to help her open a portal, the void elves launch a surprise attack and access the sunwell turning it into the voidwell, with the power of the voidwell the void elves invoke a great army void with and the blood elves are exterminated. a surviving blood prince travels to quelthalas and steals numerous corpses that are revived with sanlayn. now the mad and brutal sanlayn seek revenge as a playable race of the horde.

I cant support the poll Rhlor, blood elves cant be eliminated from the horde, they are too popular, even if 75% dont care whether Silvermoon goes alliancey or neutral, what none of those who p,ay them want to lose is their models.

This is why every proposal I have made has never advocated total removal of the blood elves, just removal, of how prominent they are and/or what is high elven/alliance about them.

Most of the people here are hard cores, and mmo champion is the home of the horde blood elf zealots, furthermore your poll makes them want to give up their pretty model cos you make it sound like they would no longer have access to it.

So I'm surprised the number saying no is that high, unless alliance players are cheating.

So I voted as horde in favour of keeping blood elves in the context you provided.

I dont think its realistic to expect blizzard to remove the blood elves completely from playability. I dont necessarily want that, I want the alliance elements to return to the alliance, and what's left on the horde be a small remnant group or a nation of Thalassians that have become something different enough from their high elven and very alliance origins

- - - Updated - - -

The San'layn could be the evolution of the blood elves.. but not looking like that .. blood elf players must retain access tot he full blood elf model, and as San'layn, they would not have Silvermoon and Quel'thalas, but have a new civilization with new architecture, bearing similarities to the high elves in some places but having it's own adaptation so it feels different... I could be down with that, but they don't need to change name, the San'layn can be an official part of what is left of the blood elves on the horde, or the direction all the blood elves on the horde go , and become the new dominant characteristic of what is now the blood elves.

What I think the game needs is the horde not having the high elf race in it's glory. if it's going to have high elves in the guise of blood elves, in their very high elven ways, then they should be reduced to a remnant, if they are going to be a large group then that group must evolve away from the very alliance kingdom and culture/civilization of the high elves. And yes this will mean either losing Silvermoon and having a new city elsewhere replace it or transforming Silvermoon to reflect the new change.

The new version of blood elves can be cool, exciting offer something that looks amazing, I'm not saying the horde shouldn't get amazing, they just shouldn't keep high elves and the best of the alliance civilization .. that's all. They will have to keep the model though, cos that's how it is, but i would hope they would get new customisation options that will give players the ability to take on some new features of the new look the blood elves have had.

I also don't really like the idea of Alleria killing blood elves - all my proposals have involved blood elves choosing to return to high elves, rather than the alliance slaughtering them again (I'm really tired of that) without decent context.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-12-09 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I cant support the poll Rhlor, blood elves cant be eliminated from the horde, they are too popular, even if 75% dont care whether Silvermoon goes alliancey or neutral, what none of those who p,ay them want to lose is their models.

This is why every proposal I have made has never advocated total removal of the blood elves, just removal, of how prominent they are and/or what is high elven/alliance about them.

Most of the people here are hard cores, and mmo champion is the home of the horde blood elf zealots, furthermore your poll makes them want to give up their pretty model cos you make it sound like they would no longer have access to it.

So I'm surprised the number saying no is that high, unless alliance players are cheating.

So I voted as horde in favour of keeping blood elves in the context you provided.

I dont think its realistic to expect blizzard to remove the blood elves completely from playability. I dont necessarily want that, I want the alliance elements to return to the alliance, and what's left on the horde be a small remnant group or a nation of Thalassians that have become something different enough from their high elven and very alliance origins

- - - Updated - - -

The San'layn could be the evolution of the blood elves.. but not looking like that .. blood elf players must retain access tot he full blood elf model, and as San'layn, they would not have Silvermoon and Quel'thalas, but have a new civilization with new architecture, bearing similarities to the high elves in some places but having it's own adaptation so it feels different... I could be down with that, but they don't need to change name, the San'layn can be an official part of what is left of the blood elves on the horde, or the direction all the blood elves on the horde go , and become the new dominant characteristic of what is now the blood elves.

What I think the game needs is the horde not having the high elf race in it's glory. if it's going to have high elves in the guise of blood elves, in their very high elven ways, then they should be reduced to a remnant, if they are going to be a large group then that group must evolve away from the very alliance kingdom and culture/civilization of the high elves. And yes this will mean either losing Silvermoon and having a new city elsewhere replace it or transforming Silvermoon to reflect the new change.

The new version of blood elves can be cool, exciting offer something that looks amazing, I'm not saying the horde shouldn't get amazing, they just shouldn't keep high elves and the best of the alliance civilization .. that's all. They will have to keep the model though, cos that's how it is, but i would hope they would get new customisation options that will give players the ability to take on some new features of the new look the blood elves have had.

I also don't really like the idea of Alleria killing blood elves - all my proposals have involved blood elves choosing to return to high elves, rather than the alliance slaughtering them again (I'm really tired of that) without decent context.
    if you are going to have playable sanlayn you should have the night elf model.

Many years ago there was in this forum a user of the alliance was a great defender that lordaeron should be conquered by the alliance and that the high elves should be playable, I think he was banned for insulting the players of the horde.
    He, like all the players of the alliance, always asked to have the high elves that were already npcs of the alliance as a playable race, mainly silver covenant, And that's what they always wanted.

I remember that in one of those discussions he said something that I think is very true even with all the insults he said. He said that the difference between high elves (thalassian loyal to the alliance) and blood elves (thalassians loyal to quelthalas) always existed, that most of the thalassian led by anasterian never wanted to be part of the alliance but there was a group of chosen a small select group of superior and pure beings who always put the alliance first. these elves were the best race in the alliance because they put the alliance above their own kingdom. From this perspective, he pointed out that since anasterian decided to leave quelthalas from the alliance after the second war, from that moment the ideological difference between the high elves and blood elves was born because already from that time there were high elves who left quelthalas to live in the human kingdoms and serve the alliance.
    He obviously also believed that the Blood Elves were corrupted trash, impure and imperfect and morally inferior beings because unlike the High Elves who were loyal to the alliance, the Blood Elves were willing to eat mana wyrm and join the horde to save quelthalas. Not being loyal to the alliance and doing whatever it took to save quelthalas was what made the blood elves an inferior race. Unlike the superior high elves who would never stoop to doing that kind of thing.
    that user, if I remember correctly, was fojar. And although I do not share all his points of view, I do believe that he was right. what the alliance players always wanted are the high elves that we see in the alliance, those who have always been loyal to the alliance, those who prefer to fight for the alliance rather than quelthalas.

the blood elves are those loyal to quelthalas those who will always defend their homeland those who were willing to eat mana wyrm and join the horde to save quelthalas, those are the blood elves who agreed with their king to leave the alliance .

you don't want an alliance kingdom, because quelthalas was only a member of the alliance during the second war that lasted two years and for a very short time during wc3 until garithos tried to kill them. quelthalas is the kingdom of the blood elves the kingdom of those who were always loyal to quelthalas the kingdom that the blood elves rebuilt the kingdom that was in ruins and was saved, it was rommath who rebuilt silvermoon. if it weren't for the blood elves now silvermoon would be a scourge city.

what you want is to play with a blood elf, not with the high elves that the alliance players always wanted and always asked for.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-12-10 at 12:42 AM.

if you are going to have playable sanlayn you should have the night elf model.
    I don't think it's a good idea for the blood elf model to be removed from horde access, or any other race that has gone horde. You must because it's now part of the gameplay fabric and unfair to players.

You can remove all the capital cities, you can even destroy Azeroth and have them on a new world, where or who has Silvermoon, Suramar, even Stormwind or Orgrimmar - that's all story and can change to serve purposes.

For my purpose, my point was that the alliance should have the high elf and kaldorei civilizations, not the horde.. I didn't say they should have their elves removed. I said if their elves stay they should either be very small in number without high elven and kaldorei assets - if they are to remain as high elves with a different name and skinny kaldorei Highborne, or alternatively they should become something different to what the high elves and kaldorei are. Taken in a new direction, and given new assets that reflect their change. I advocate the direction should closer match the horde as it has been traditionally, but it doesn't have to, it should just no longer be recognisable as high elven or kaldorei - but something new - glorious or horrible.

And as said above, if the San'layn are to emerge as the evolution, that could work, it could be the direction the blood elves go, however the blood elf model must still be accessible to the horde.

The San'layn you linked are the leaders of the Darkfallen. The darkfallen have the blood elf models anyway, if you didn't realise that, go play ICC. Now you could have a San'lyan customisation or actual allied race itself, but you will still have blood elves part of their order in this scenario and players would be able to have those models.

Personally I'll take it in a new direction, like vampire elf direction with new features that they can transform (similar to worgen) but cooler, or have some extra terrestrial encounter that adds some cool features tot hem and necessitates a direction shift that is further away from their high elven origins. San'layn and the Netherstorm Kale blood elves were both options that could have worked. they don't necessarily have to be evil, just different.

Many years ago there was in this forum a user of the alliance was a great defender that lordaeron should be conquered by the alliance and that the high elves should be playable, I think he was banned for insulting the players of the horde.
    He, like all the players of the alliance, always asked to have the high elves that were already npcs of the alliance as a playable race, mainly silver covenant, And that's what they always wanted.
    Do you understand why most of the alliance are after blood elves and Nightborne? Can you not see? That these races on the horde as they are, and with what they have are the very alliance kingdoms of the high elves and civilization of the Night elves - they are not interested in magnificent Zuldazar, Dazar'alor or the other horde races, because they aren't horde. That player wasn't interested in forsaken, only Lordaeron.

When you take alliance stuff over to the horde, alliance players who don't switch with it are going to always want it. This is what comes with installing alliance races and kingdoms on the horde. At least in the Undercity they changed it a bit. But the Blood elves and Quel'thalas are high elf through and through. Suramar and the Nightborne are the ancient home of the Darnassians, adn they behave exactly like them in a very alliance version of civilization which is basically the civilization that gave birth to all elven groups who in turn taught humans - it's got nothing in common with the horde.

It is the best of the alliance put on the horde while the alliance itself is deprived of it. Wanna bet if the Night elves had similar (like Zin'Azshari) and the void elves/high elves came with something as good these arguements wouldn't exist except for a few purists like myself? But the majority of the alliance is only after what is it's own.

I remember that in one of those discussions he said something that I think is very true even with all the insults he said. He said that the difference between high elves (thalassian loyal to the alliance) and blood elves (thalassians loyal to quelthalas) always existed, that most of the thalassian led by anasterian never wanted to be part of the alliance but there was a group of chosen a small select group of superior and pure beings who always put the alliance first. these elves were the best race in the alliance because they put the alliance above their own kingdom. From this perspective, he pointed out that since anasterian decided to leave quelthalas from the alliance after the second war, from that moment the ideological difference between the high elves and blood elves was born because already from that time there were high elves who left quelthalas to live in the human kingdoms and serve the alliance.
    He obviously also believed that the Blood Elves were corrupted trash, impure and imperfect and morally inferior beings because unlike the High Elves who were loyal to the alliance, the Blood Elves were willing to eat mana wyrm and join the horde to save quelthalas. Not being loyal to the alliance and doing whatever it took to save quelthalas was what made the blood elves an inferior race. Unlike the superior high elves who would never stoop to doing that kind of thing.
    that user, if I remember correctly, was fojar. And although I do not share all his points of view, I do believe that he was right. what the alliance players always wanted are the high elves that we see in the alliance, those who have always been loyal to the alliance, those who prefer to fight for the alliance rather than quelthalas.

the blood elves are those loyal to quelthalas those who will always defend their homeland those who were willing to eat mana wyrm and join the horde to save quelthalas, those are the blood elves who agreed with their king to leave the alliance .

you don't want an alliance kingdom, because quelthalas was only a member of the alliance during the second war that lasted two years and for a very short time during wc3 until garithos tried to kill them. quelthalas is the kingdom of the blood elves the kingdom of those who were always loyal to quelthalas the kingdom that the blood elves rebuilt the kingdom that was in ruins and was saved, it was rommath who rebuilt silvermoon. if it weren't for the blood elves now silvermoon would be a scourge city.

what you want is to play with a blood elf, not with the high elves that the alliance players always wanted and always asked for.
    Rhlor, if you honestly believe your last sentence, then you've just not read anything I've said, or you've read it and failed to understand it. I can already play a blood elf thank you on the horde, and I do.

You're not getting me, now that Beloren fellow on the high elf thread seems to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea for the blood elf model to be removed from horde access, or any other race that has gone horde. You must because it's now part of the gameplay fabric and unfair to players.

You can remove all the capital cities, you can even destroy Azeroth and have them on a new world, where or who has Silvermoon, Suramar, even Stormwind or Orgrimmar - that's all story and can change to serve purposes.

For my purpose, my point was that the alliance should have the high elf and kaldorei civilizations, not the horde.. I didn't say they should have their elves removed. I said if their elves stay they should either be very small in number without high elven and kaldorei assets - if they are to remain as high elves with a different name and skinny kaldorei Highborne, or alternatively they should become something different to what the high elves and kaldorei are. Taken in a new direction, and given new assets that reflect their change. I advocate the direction should closer match the horde as it has been traditionally, but it doesn't have to, it should just no longer be recognisable as high elven or kaldorei - but something new - glorious or horrible.

And as said above, if the San'layn are to emerge as the evolution, that could work, it could be the direction the blood elves go, however the blood elf model must still be accessible to the horde.

The San'layn you linked are the leaders of the Darkfallen. The darkfallen have the blood elf models anyway, if you didn't realise that, go play ICC. Now you could have a San'lyan customisation or actual allied race itself, but you will still have blood elves part of their order in this scenario and players would be able to have those models.

Personally I'll take it in a new direction, like vampire elf direction with new features that they can transform (similar to worgen) but cooler, or have some extra terrestrial encounter that adds some cool features tot hem and necessitates a direction shift that is further away from their high elven origins. San'layn and the Netherstorm Kale blood elves were both options that could have worked. they don't necessarily have to be evil, just different.

Do you understand why most of the alliance are after blood elves and Nightborne? Can you not see? That these races on the horde as they are, and with what they have are the very alliance kingdoms of the high elves and civilization of the Night elves - they are not interested in magnificent Zuldazar, Dazar'alor or the other horde races, because they aren't horde. That player wasn't interested in forsaken, only Lordaeron.

When you take alliance stuff over to the horde, alliance players who don't switch with it are going to always want it. This is what comes with installing alliance races and kingdoms on the horde. At least in the Undercity they changed it a bit. But the Blood elves and Quel'thalas are high elf through and through. Suramar and the Nightborne are the ancient home of the Darnassians, adn they behave exactly like them in a very alliance version of civilization which is basically the civilization that gave birth to all elven groups who in turn taught humans - it's got nothing in common with the horde.

It is the best of the alliance put on the horde while the alliance itself is deprived of it. Wanna bet if the Night elves had similar (like Zin'Azshari) and the void elves/high elves came with something as good these arguements wouldn't exist except for a few purists like myself? But the majority of the alliance is only after what is it's own.

Rhlor, if you honestly believe your last sentence, then you've just not read anything I've said, or you've read it and failed to understand it. I can already play a blood elf thank you on the horde, and I do.

You're not getting me, now that Beloren fellow on the high elf thread seems to understand.
    what you don't understand is what it means to be a blood elf, to be a blood elf is to be loyal to quelthalas not having quelthalas is the same as killing blood elves because it is their reason for existing. therefore if you have to eliminate quelthalas from the horde you also have to eliminate blood elves because without quelthalas there would no longer be blood elves.

then according to you the sanlayn can replace the blood elves right? then we would basically continue with the idea that blood elves die defending quelthalas and are raised as sanlayn, these sanlayn would guide you to follow the blood elf model, right? Well, to be correct, all the current customization options of the blood elves should be eliminated and replaced with new options of the undead, do you agree?

something like this

Don't replace Blood Elves.
    Delete them right away.
    Every Blood Elf Character gets turned into Zandalari for free (warlocks choose a race, idc).

The horde is back baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^True and MoP cemented that bond.
    Come on, it's a well known fact, that the thing that cemented BEs is Chinese players complaints that they need a cute race in the Horde so their girlfriends can play with them.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

No longer necessary. Alliance now has fair-skinned, blue-haired, blue eyed Thalassian elves.

I would like Ogres to become playable at some point for The Horde, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Don't replace Blood Elves.
    Delete them right away.
    Every Blood Elf Character gets turned into Zandalari for free (warlocks choose a race, idc).

The horde is back baby.
    Is there no race you would like to replace the blood elves with? orgres, tuskarr, tauka?