Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    is that a bad thing that it takes more than 1 week for average player to beat
    Average players taking more than 1 week is not the same as the best players in the world being stuck at 7/10 heroic.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What is your current progression?
    I don't raid, unfortunately. However I can see a salty beaver when I see one.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Any step in difficulty that makes players value strategy over mindless dps and healing is a step in the right direction.

Instead of asking if tuning is too high, the right question would be if people got worse with azerite, essences and corruption where they could just murder everything and ignore mechanics.

done the first boss on 3rd try.
    the 2nd one with bears, we had to call it a night. we are clearly undergeared. wiped like 12 times I think?
    They are kinda overturned I think.

What I realized doing all m0 dungeons is that fights actually do require brain.
    A random pug aiming at devos and landing a hit while being sucked in by winds needing to dodge black shit on the ground?
    no fucking way sir.

THey will have to either nerf the damage or area of those effects such as above or general krall etc. Too much brain for average wow player.
    People will quit in droves just like in cata.

I do not have any complaints. I love a good challenge. I loved all those dungeons and the raiding last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I feel the fight is unfair and sometimes it is. It isn't every boss though IMO(Past raids) and no we didn't clear stuff in one day. Far from it, usually the last boss is when we land on nights the most. This is my personal experience. Can't say on Nathria yet
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-12-10 at 01:18 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    Is Asmongold doing Heroic Slugfist? Why are they wiping for so long on it?
    normal, it's just very overtuned.

my guild gets top 100 almost every tier and we wiped quite a few times to it, albeit in a 28man split. the boss does absolutely insane raid damage and has a fairly high dps check even on normal. on top of that, it has multiple one shot abilities too.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2020-12-10 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    normal, it's just very overtuned.

my guild gets top 100 almost every tier and we wiped quite a few times to it, albeit in a 28man split. the boss does absolutely insane raid damage and has a fairly high dps check even on normal.
    Kind of a bad look if it is this overtuned to not tweak it a bit. Gonna ruin the first impression for so many people.

Its just that people feel entitled to clear normal the first evening so they can complain there is nothing to do.

Normal isn't that hard if you do the mechanics right. But people these days... I lack the words.

Kind of a bad look if it is this overtuned to not tweak it a bit. Gonna ruin the first impression for so many people.
    Or make them happy that this raid tier does have some teeth.

First impressions of SL were already ruined.

I have to say, this is reinforcing my decision to step down from raiding and let my sub run out. What a clown show this expansion is. I wonder if they'll apologize in the NY Times again?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Yeah no shit. I'm tired of mythic being the only raid that actually has any sort of challenge to it. It made normal and heroic feel superfluous.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Why not have heroic and the last boss or two in Normal have teeth. At least let the people get a little bit of progress in.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    First impressions of SL were already ruined.

I have to say, this is reinforcing my decision to step down from raiding and let my sub run out. What a clown show this expansion is. I wonder if they'll apologize in the NY Times again?
    Wtf?... This expansion is receiving remarkable praise even from entitled/toxic parts of the community...

If the ilvl rewards were like 205 or something then maybe I'd be fine with the current difficulty. Even beating 8 bosses it's still way too hard for normal vs the reward when you consider how easy M+ reward is relative to it. It's cool if you want to say that you're happy it's so hard and it's a challenge, but I can probably guarantee you that the raid isn't catered towards you or you are just a normal raider who is happy normal is harder for you.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'm loving it, but I know they are going to nerf it. People are going to scream and it's going to get nerfed into the ground. Cata 2.0 which makes me sad because the start of that expansion was fucking amazing.
    What part of that expansion was amazing? The exodus of players? Blizzard said, "get gud" and players said, "nah, screw it, see you later." Lost a lot of players with that crap.

To be honest, I'm not especially annoyed at bliz over this. It's certainly tuned tighter than normal should be but they've got some pretty good excuses this time around. I'm happy to cut them some slack.

The raid is overtune. With my guild we are use to do at two thirds of heroic boss on the first night, and clear in the second. After seing top guilds struggle to do heroic we chose to do the normal first, we cleared, but some boss where surprisingly hard for a normal mode. The weird thing is that the last two boss were easier than the rest, sludgefist is the real endboss and after that you can pretty much ignore all the mechanics , slack all you want, the damage are way lower than the others boss. If you think that having a top guild stuck at 7/10 in heroic the second day is ok, and less than 15 guild at 6/10 or more, there is a problem. An heroic guild isn't gonna do these boss before a long time if nothing change. And I don't see how a normal guild could clear the nm. Pretty sure its gonna be hard nerf by the week-end.

We walked straight into HC with my group of 9 friends. 2 first time raiders. Shriekwing was a perfect first boss.
    Then we go on for a 30 wipe-streak on Huntsman before calling the raid. We get halfway through Bargast-phase before getting overwhelmed and making small adjustments/optimizations with every pull.

Haven't had this much fun in HC in ages.
    Thank you Blizz.

I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Those are indeed nerfs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"