Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Your argument is meaningless.

You can believe whatever and say exactly the same on BFA:
    - Azerite power is not a grind
    - Traits and corruptions are pretty balanced and only few % according to xyz
    - Azerite/essence/corruption/legendary system is simple.

You know it is a lie. Just come back in 2 months and see how many players complain and left.
    No.

Its wrong to compare anima and azerite as azerite was an open grind and renown is capped.

You werent silly if you did Island expeditions in hope to gain more player power in BFA. But you are silly if you grind anima in hope to achieve more player power.

If you want to compare anima to anything, compare it to order hall resources.

The rest is just so silly I am actually shaking my head.

Do you even actually believe that covenants are equally unbalanced like corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    His post was wrong in saying its 20 mins, but there's 2 weekly for 250 anima each. Can rush thru them on normal difficulty if ud like. Depending on role, that's under an hour. I think world boss always give 250. So that's 750. Then 2 or 3 wqs will cap it. Also can get anima elsewhere but this way is pretty fast and takes 2 hours.
    Weekly's fror anima? The only ones I ahve seen are the ones for renown.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Weekly's fror anima? The only ones I ahve seen are the ones for renown.
    There's 2 dungeon quests under the inn in oribos for 500 rep each and 5x35 anima which is 175, I was wrong when I said 250. So thats 350 right there plus 250 from world boss. So 600.

PvP weeklies are also 250 anima.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

How much exactly do you play WoW? I have played a few hours a day since launch, experiencing the story, leveling professions, discovering things and I am just now starting my covenants story and Torghast to rescue Baine. Now the raid is out and I probably won't touch it for a while and I have to gear up.

For me, there is PLENTY of content. I've put at least 20 hours in and not close to being done at any of it except the leveling part.

holy shit what a stupid fucking thread made on a stupid fucking premise that isn't even true

this PATCH has lots to do, it's not our fault you don't want to do any of that

I think blizzard should unlock mythic+ on day1 but limit the ilvl of dropped gear to whatever bar they feel like. That way we atleast can play the dungeons at a difficulty that suits us.

The weekly cd on m+0 is bad imo.

Also, why the fuck is thorgast gated? Whats the point with that? Our gear and skill should be the only thing limiting how high we can climb in that place, not stupid fucking timegatings.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I think blizzard should unlock mythic+ on day1 but limit the ilvl of dropped gear to whatever bar they feel like. That way we atleast can play the dungeons at a difficulty that suits us.

The weekly cd on m+0 is bad imo.

Also, why the fuck is thorgast gated? Whats the point with that? Our gear and skill should be the only thing limiting how high we can climb in that place, not stupid fucking timegatings.
    Yes, let's take away cd from m0, and remove gating from torghast. I wonder how long would it take u and all other people to start crying that u're falling behind because u cant keep doing torghast for 12h a day

SL has tons of content

If you like grinding that is

No, that's still Warlords.

Like, there's no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Yes, let's take away cd from m0, and remove gating from torghast. I wonder how long would it take u and all other people to start crying that u're falling behind because u cant keep doing torghast for 12h a day
    No risk of that happening, the more to do the happier i am. Thorgast is a perfect example of content that doesnt ruin item progression.

There was a weekly cap of 1k soul ash on beta climbing beyond that would be purely for the challenge, wich suits me fine.
    Everyone assumed that would be the case at launchweek. Then Ion the mobile game dropped the bomb on us a few days be4 release that it would be heavily gated...

As for 184gear, its pretty irrelevant for progression.
    I just want stuff to do online, either lowering cd or opening m+ would provide that. Id still try to push 10 or 15 on the launch week just to learn the dungeons even if they only dropped 184 gear, and id have a blast doing it.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalarian Paladin View Post
    I'm not having as much fun as I did in legion. I don't even know if I enjoyed BFA more yet. For the first time, I stopped doing dailies and didn't play for a few days because I was just... bored out of my mind.

I wanted to have a blast with the covenant. Then I saw it was gated behind weeklies.

I wanted to have a blast with PvP. Then I saw the gear was gated behind weekly unlocks.

I wanted to have a blast with old raids for vanity gear. Then I saw the scaling was broken.

I wanted to have fun with torghast. Then I saw the levels were gated behind weekly unlocks.

I even wanted to have fun with legendaries. Then I saw my legendary power was locked in the vaults... which is a weekly chance of drop.

Every turn I take, there's a gating process. I hate it with a passion. So instead, I'm thinking about unsubbing for a while and come back a month before the next patch hit. At least then I'll have content I can do.
    Covenant is just a bunch of quests, what blast did you expect there?

You only enjoy PvP if it awards gear? Sound kinda like you wanted PvE then, no?

Scaling is broken every time it happens, give a small indie comapny a break.

How does it prevent you from having fun on whatever levels there are available?

Game is only fun if you have that specific legendary? Also it does not drop from the vault, it's rewarded via quest to access the vault.

All the content game can offer is already there, and it's exactly the same as it was for 4 years, you can do M+, you can raid or you can PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post

Game is only fun if you have that specific legendary? Also it does not drop from the vault, it's rewarded via quest to access the vault.

All the content game can offer is already there, and it's exactly the same as it was for 4 years, you can do M+, you can raid or you can PvP.
    That is exactly the problem here. There contents are there, just nothing new. And that will NOT satisfy today's players.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    lol the tier 0.5 quest isnt a grind?

Im guessing you never did it :P
    T0.5 is so ridiculous I could never completed it even in WotLK, stopped at Silithus General quest.

- - - Updated - - -

That is exactly the problem here. There contents are there, just nothing new. And that will NOT satisfy today's players.
    Because (I believe) Legion was so popular that Blizzard are riding this train for 4 years now and don't intend to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Experience the story. Unlock the covenant armor and cosmetics. Unlock renown so I can grow my character.

I enjoy having an objective. PvP in itself is OK. I like the epic battlegrounds and I do some once in a while. Having a gear incentive makes me want to do more PvP.

I see what you did there.

Not interested in doing PvE content in large raids. It's just not fun.

Not what I said. About that specific legendary, well, getting legendaries and upgrading them has a huge cost. Obviously I don't want to have to farm several of them when I just need the one.

And I've been bored out of my mind ever since BFA released. In Legion, they didn't implement the stupid legacy loot system yet, so I could solo WoD raids and get loot. It was great.

Plus the world quests were actually nice.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Players: Blizzard, don't make us grind things!

Also Players: Blizzard, I have nothing to do!

There is literally no way they can win with this playerbase.

I logged in yesterday with an empty quest log, after checking everything I had about 10 quests to do. Dailies, weeklies, story missions. I did a bit of it, but mainly spend my time running the first M+ with the guild, enjoyed being pounded into a bloody mess by mobs in dungeons. Today I did more weeklies, two Toghast runs, Maw Dailies, Callings, the extra stuff from Anima channeling and some dungeons.

And I could only do that all because I am off work, tomorrow we visit the raid so the evening is filled and I still need to do a new chapter of my Covenant story, two more Torghast runs and dailies every day.

If I wanted I could do PvP on top, I ignore it, because I don't like it.

So tell me again, how is there not enough content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No.

Its wrong to compare anima and azerite as azerite was an open grind and renown is capped.

You werent silly if you did Island expeditions in hope to gain more player power in BFA. But you are silly if you grind anima in hope to achieve more player power.

If you want to compare anima to anything, compare it to order hall resources.

The rest is just so silly I am actually shaking my head.

Do you even actually believe that covenants are equally unbalanced like corruption?
    Anima is needed for the weekly quest to increase your renown. And renown level is needed to unlock more soulbinds levels and conduit slots, which is directly linked to player power.

Saying anima/renown is only for covenant and has nothing to do with player power is ridiculous. It is like saying azerite power and necklace level is not important because unlocking essences have nothing to do with player power. hehe

And ofc covenant will be worse than corruption. Corruption is extremely bad in the power imbalance itself, but it does not lock characters like covenant does. Covenant is systematically worse.

I can guarantee you 100% that Blizzard will allow players to change covenant freely in the end, just like they had to put a corruption vendor in 8.3, because there is 0 solution to covenant power imbalance issue. 100% guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    To me the biggest issue is that there are still a few chores. Do three world quests? Bah! Go away. I can deal with Torghast but just let me raid and run dungeons, stop trying to make world content happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. I haven't had a viable alt since WoD, and I actually might this time.
    Bahahahahaha, people like you should just play on Private Servers. This game caters to all sorts of players, not just those that constantly want end game 5 / 30 mans.

Anima is needed for the weekly quest to increase your renown. And renown level is needed to unlock more soulbinds levels and conduit slots, which is directly linked to player power.

Saying anima/renown is only for covenant and has nothing to do with player power is ridiculous. It is like saying azerite power and necklace level is not important because unlocking essences have nothing to do with player power. hehe

And ofc covenant will be worse than corruption. Corruption is extremely bad in the power imbalance itself, but it does not lock characters like covenant does. Covenant is systematically worse.

I can guarantee you 100% that Blizzard will allow players to change covenant freely in the end, just like they had to put a corruption vendor in 8.3, because there is 0 solution to covenant power imbalance issue. 100% guaranteed.

1000 anima req per week is in no way, shape or form comaparable to artifact power from Legion and BfA, which were uncapped so you coud keep grindining it. After 1000 anima, rest is purely for cosmetic pve stuff. But i am sure you already knew that, and you were being dishonest on purpose with your commentary.

As for covenants, to even compare it to corruptions...don't know what to say. If you are obssessed with maxing, then you shouldn't care about cosmetics, so you just pick the matemathically strongest covenant and roll with it.

The "content" is definetly there somewhere (behind covenant building upgrades and anima) presumably, but it's so heartlessly gated (anima) not many has the willpower to (want to) experience. And then maybe it leads to an inevitable disappointment only because it costed way too much and gave way too small amount of joy in return, which would be plenty enough if the cost was less to begin with. I wouldn't know because I stopped grinding anima and care about upgrades on all my characters till blizzconline.
    Dungeons and raids are like bread in a sandwich, like a pita for a gyros: a given. A must, a bare necessity, so I don't even treat them as things we have to stand up and applaud. By that standard we should be grateful for new zones so that we can level up somewhere. Again: a bare necessity.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-28 at 12:54 PM.