Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Your argument is that since a pure dps class like a rogue can only dps, and cannot tank, they should do less dps than a class that has that option.
    Isn't his argument the opposite? That because they can only do DPS, they should always be better at it? Not that it makes it any better, because with 3 different DPS options chances are one of them is going to be viable, while for a Paladin, if Ret is crap, they don't have one.

What happened with feral? Every site predicted them dead bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What happened with feral? Every site predicted them dead bottom
    They were wrong.

If people would focus less about dps balance and more about mechanics, they wouldn't say normal is "overtuned"

And maybe also some of the guides telling people what covenant to pick werent right after all.

In my case, night fae is "wrong" for Resto Shaman but my healing today on all fights were higher than tje other shaman who is necrolord, also known as the bis covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Isn't his argument the opposite? That because they can only do DPS, they should always be better at it? Not that it makes it any better, because with 3 different DPS options chances are one of them is going to be viable, while for a Paladin, if Ret is crap, they don't have one.
    Yes, I realized after typing it I had worded it all backwards, well spotted, you are entirely correct. I even caught myself typing it backwards AGAIN just before. DERP.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They were wrong.
    Exactly. Maybe people should think for themselves instead of following guides.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    If people would focus less about dps balance and more about mechanics, they wouldn't say normal is "overtuned"

And maybe also some of the guides telling people what covenant to pick werent right after all.

In my case, night fae is "wrong" for Resto Shaman but my healing today on all fights were higher than tje other shaman who is necrolord, also known as the bis covenant.
    So the guilds prepping for the world first race, including Limit, should have a chat with you and learn some of the mechanics a little better? Because even they are saying it is CLEARLY overtuned, with heroic feeling easier.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because DPS is the only thing they can do. I do not want hybrids 30% below or anything, but hybrids can at least decide 'Screw it, I'm tired of (for example) Boomkin being low, I'm healing." Yes, they will need a little bit of gear but that's easy for the most part. A pure DPS would have to relevel and regear an entirely new toon. The effort isn't comparable.

This is partly a problem with class design. There are no pure healing classes or pure tank classes. If there were, I'd argue that a pure healing class should be in the upper half of the healing effectiveness and pure tanks would be the best tanks. AS it is, Blizzard has given some classes the ability to do my role (DPS) just as well as I can do it AND the flexibility to take on another role if the player would like to.

Consider this - as a rogue, I'm DPS. in normal 5 mans, mythics, M+, raids... but a hybrid can, if they want, heal M+ but DPS raids or vice versa.

Before anyone says "You chose that" yes, yes I did. But what you're arguing if you say that is that people should NOT choose any of the 4 pure DPS classes to avoid this issue. That 4 classes - 12 of 38 specs - should not be chosen or should deal with subpar DPS.

Now, in my case, I'll just move to SUb. But that means Assassination spec is utterly dead. Is that good for the game? To have several specs be 20%+ behind?

Keep in mind, I'm saying this give the above kind of discrepancy. AS I noted above, if the top to bottom gap was 10% or less, who cares?
    Man this mindset was stupid even back in BC theres a reason the hybrid tax was so hated and removed and is not a thing anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

So the guilds prepping for the world first race, including Limit, should have a chat with you and learn some of the mechanics a little better? Because even they are saying it is CLEARLY overtuned, with heroic feeling easier.
    Well Heroic is def harder so not sure that part of the statement is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because DPS is the only thing they can do.
    This is a shitty excuse that people were told to drop expansions ago by Blizzard. Your "pures" can switch to 3 different flavors of damage with own flow, set of utilities, mobility and other stuff each. If you want to be damager as priest, you're LOCKED to SP. By what right you preach about dropping a damage penalty on top of that? And it's not like people dream of dropping their spec and going healing either. Just treat them as separate classes and throw this excuse to garbage where it belongs.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2020-12-10 at 04:58 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

I would love to have that chat honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Thoughts: Glad I mained a shadow priest, hope they don't get nerfed,
    Its not a new expansion without the obligatory first patch shadow nurfing.

Based on the last few expansions its basicly a pattern now.

If ibwas still in the market for a main id pick a class near the middle, ive been around to long, and I know blizz never buffs enough and always over nurfs the top specs.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-12-10 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Man this mindset was stupid even back in BC theres a reason the hybrid tax was so hated and removed and is not a thing anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a doubt. Everything being equal, heroic is harder. For a guild like limit it feels easier because they've been through it and they now have better gear. This makes the statement entirely accurate as he was talking about limit feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I would love to have that chat honestly.
    And what advice would you give the best players in the world about how they are wrong about the difficulty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Thanks a lot unholy you are going to get all dk specs nerfed into shit now. For that is the Blizzard way!
    HAHA, exactly my firs thought as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post

I should have been clearer - after getting a few upgrades and having a little bit more experience (not that they hadnt done plenty on ptr when they could etc), heroic FELT much easier. Obviously it is harder when compared in a vacuum, but minor gear upgrades (not an entire difficulty worth of gear) and a few extra pulls made heroic feel smoother and easier to them.

And that is mostly concerning because these guys are FAR more geared than the target audience of the normal mode difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I predict a mass exodus from the Demon Hunter class.
    As a DH main I know I'll be dropping the class if we don't get buffed soon. The damage is terrible and legos/trinkets aren't the problem here, we're massively undertuned and clearly aren't the only ones facing that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Do yourself a favor and learn to sort warcraftlogs properly op, thanks.

c

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I will not swap spec, covenant, or class for OP one. I will stop sub.
    this is the right descision to send the right signal to a company being told for over a year that this game design will not work, is not fun for many players, hard to balance (as we all know, blizz great strength anyway) and is simply a fail design. even when blizz learned this lesson 10 years ago.

vote with your wallets and do not hop onto that we-sell-you-shit-bc-you-eat-it-anyway bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post

Kinda rich you say this and link heroic, with it's extremely limited dataset as of right now.

Normal logs are a better indicator atm.

And what advice would you give the best players in the world about how they are wrong about the difficulty?
    That Blizzard doesn't tune normal raiding difficulty for the top guilds in the world. So if Blizzard think this is the right difficulty, thats up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post

Quite even and balanced I would say. GJ TO blizzard this early.

That Blizzard doesn't tune normal raiding difficulty for the top guilds in the world. So if Blizzard think this is the right difficulty, thats up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite even and balanced I would say. GJ TO blizzard this early.

ehhrm...

are you sure ?