Also:
    -Only 2 guilds have 7 bosses down on heroic
    -Normal mode is thought to be slightly over-tuned as a general consensus

What i see is DKs getting a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    What i see is DKs getting a nerf
    I see only nerfs before.... me

Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    Do yourself a favor and learn to sort warcraftlogs properly op, thanks.

may i ask how you got that old style „full bars“ view ?

can not find any filter or setting that changes this.

- - - Updated - - -

ah, found it. seems like a bug on ipad safari web engine. have to switch the percentiles a few times before getting full bars.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way: This is the „normal“ version:

Last edited by Niwes; 2020-12-10 at 05:03 AM.

The original graph gives more information for those who can understand. OP used the correct graph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this is the right descision to send the right signal to a company being told for over a year that this game design will not work, is not fun for many players, hard to balance (as we all know, blizz great strength anyway) and is simply a fail design. even when blizz learned this lesson 10 years ago.

vote with your wallets and do not hop onto that we-sell-you-shit-bc-you-eat-it-anyway bandwagon.
    Why not as every specc and covenant is viable?Its achieved exactly what it tried to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ehhrm...

are you sure ?
    How can I not be? Are you looking at the same picture?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because DPS is the only thing they can do. I do not want hybrids 30% below or anything, but hybrids can at least decide 'Screw it, I'm tired of (for example) Boomkin being low, I'm healing." Yes, they will need a little bit of gear but that's easy for the most part. A pure DPS would have to relevel and regear an entirely new toon. The effort isn't comparable.
    I mean, if you just pug sure, but in a guild situation, the DH can't just decide "I'm gonna tank now because Havoc sucks," he has to roll an entirely new class. Being able to tank/heal as a hybrid for M+ when not raiding is an upside, but it's weighted against being much more subject to imperfect balancing

A class like Rogue or Mage might have one bad spec, but they usually have at least one that's viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Its not a new expansion without the obligatory first patch shadow nurfing.

Based on the last few expansions its basicly a pattern now.

If ibwas still in the market for a main id pick a class near the middle, ive been around to long, and I know blizz never buffs enough and always over nurfs the top specs.
    Difference this time is SP has tools to still be relevant. Hopefully that mitigates the inevitable nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy sh^t, you're dumb.. lol.

I talked to a lot of the guilds on my realm and they all think that Normal is way overtuned. But then maybe this is Blizzards intention, to have the playerbase sludge through every difficulty slowly while also drudging thru M+ slowly for the next 4months.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I talked to a lot of the guilds on my realm and they all think that Normal is way overtuned. But then maybe this is Blizzards intention, to have the playerbase sludge through every difficulty slowly while also drudging thru M+ slowly for the next 4months.
    So what about the community that only raid normal? Or only raid up to heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I predict a mass exodus from the Demon Hunter class.
    About time tbh. It was the fotm for 2 expacs. Time they get reigned in with everyone else.
    Besides, the tanking spec is very strong for mythic+ atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The outer world stuff is more challenging too.
    I am ok with it if this is what they want to do. But, they are gonna cave. They always do.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The original graph gives more information for those who can understand. OP used the correct graph.
    Thing is most people prolly have no clue wtf they are looking at when they see OP graph.

Havent done much on retail personally since i spend most of my time in classic, but after being the laughing stock of pretty much my entire server for playing and enjoying ret paladin, it`s always nice to see ret paladins over warriors on dps

As expected, Havoc is one of the worst specs in both raids and M+. Now we have the proof for the people who claimed "blizz knows what they're doing and have more data, wait for raid to open" ... like we were the only class capable if moving and hitting more than 1 target. Well there you have it, same as it was with locks in WoD and Legion at lauch ... we cried and cried that we'll underperform .. which we did.

What sucks the most ... there are classes with multiple specs that are performing better. If not for the magic dmg debuff there is just no reason to invite dh to a group.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-12-10 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because DPS is the only thing they can do. I do not want hybrids 30% below or anything, but hybrids can at least decide 'Screw it, I'm tired of (for example) Boomkin being low, I'm healing." Yes, they will need a little bit of gear but that's easy for the most part. A pure DPS would have to relevel and regear an entirely new toon. The effort isn't comparable.

This is partly a problem with class design. There are no pure healing classes or pure tank classes. If there were, I'd argue that a pure healing class should be in the upper half of the healing effectiveness and pure tanks would be the best tanks. AS it is, Blizzard has given some classes the ability to do my role (DPS) just as well as I can do it AND the flexibility to take on another role if the player would like to.

Consider this - as a rogue, I'm DPS. in normal 5 mans, mythics, M+, raids... but a hybrid can, if they want, heal M+ but DPS raids or vice versa.

Before anyone says "You chose that" yes, yes I did. But what you're arguing if you say that is that people should NOT choose any of the 4 pure DPS classes to avoid this issue. That 4 classes - 12 of 38 specs - should not be chosen or should deal with subpar DPS.

Now, in my case, I'll just move to SUb. But that means Assassination spec is utterly dead. Is that good for the game? To have several specs be 20%+ behind?

Keep in mind, I'm saying this give the above kind of discrepancy. AS I noted above, if the top to bottom gap was 10% or less, who cares?
    It goes the other way around too. If shadow priests are suddenly at the bottom, players that play priest and don't like to heal would have to find another class, etc.

You chose that" yes, yes I did. But what you're arguing if you say that is that people should NOT choose any of the classes that have 1 DPS spec to avoid this issue

Wait, is feral good again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid classes out dps mages, yep, working as intended.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Nooooooot really, with how few parses there are in heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packness View Post
    Wait, is feral good again?
    Sure is. And basically no one saw it coming.

And lol @580 survival parses from ~38000 hunter parses overall, the effort that went into changing that spec really paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    What happened with feral? Every site predicted them dead bottom
    It usually comes down to damage uptime. To my knowledge most people do their sims assuming they can have 90-100% damage uptime on boss, which is not realistic in some, if not most, bosses. There's movement involved, and thems speedy catbois are good at that. The faster you can zoom about, the faster you can get back to actually doing damage.