Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No. i use intel so i'm fine.
    1: Intel doesn't currently make dedicated GPUs
    2: Intel is currently worse in gaming performance than AMD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    1: Intel doesn't currently make dedicated GPUs
    According to Kyle Bennett from HardOCP, that may change this week. All I know is this week some news of mobile GPU's and desktop GPU's is going to be announced. My guess is Intel due to the history Kyle has with Intel. So hold onto your overpriced GPU's, because this week we may finally get news of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    What what what? 190 fps? Did you scale internal resolution to 1080p? Is your graphic preset at 1?
    I have a 5700xt, WoW at 7680x1440, 7preset, and 100% resolution scale(default), with 55-140fps depending on the area. Bastion in the open field is around 60fps due to particle effects.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    According to Kyle Bennett from HardOCP, that may change this week. All I know is this week some news of mobile GPU's and desktop GPU's is going to be announced. My guess is Intel due to the history Kyle has with Intel. So hold onto your overpriced GPU's, because this week we may finally get news of relief.
    And people said the same about the AMD launch, and look how that turned out.

Don't know how Intel will launch the cards. As in are they going to have an AIB that will increase the prices by $150-$200 above MSRP, because they can? Don't know yet. But in any case Intel GPU will not be an easy sell for me even if it's performance looks solid. Reviews will change that ofc if it's actually good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Don't know how Intel will launch the cards. As in are they going to have an AIB that will increase the prices by $150-$200 above MSRP, because they can? Don't know yet. But in any case Intel GPU will not be an easy sell for me even if it's performance looks solid. Reviews will change that ofc if it's actually good.
    Even if reviews are good, I'll probably stay away from them for a couple generations. I need stability in my main rig

Completely delusional.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Completely delusional.
    Kyle Bennett tends to correct about these things.

https://hardforum.com/threads/geforc...ost-1044832547

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyle Bennett tends to correct about these things.

https://hardforum.com/threads/geforc...ost-1044832547
    I'd like to point out that Intel until very recently couldn't really even keep their CPUs in stock. They had trouble from late 2019 to 2nd half of 2020 with that. And that's something they know they'll make money on.

If I was an exec I'd put a lot more effort into getting guaranteed money (CPUs) out the door than maybe money (GPUs), especially since that decision had to be made months and months ago, not after they'd seen that Nvidia and AMD couldn't get nearly enough stock to satisfy demand

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to point out that Intel until very recently couldn't really even keep their CPUs in stock. They had trouble from late 2019 to 2nd half of 2020 with that. And that's something they know they'll make money on.

If I was an exec I'd put a lot more effort into getting guaranteed money (CPUs) out the door than maybe money (GPUs), especially since that decision had to be made months and months ago, not after they'd seen that Nvidia and AMD couldn't get nearly enough stock to satisfy demand
    Hopefully we'll find out this week, but it's just going to be an announcement. Considering that Apple released the M1 which makes Intel look like hot garbage, I could see Intel announcing something mobile soon. Key thing is he says, "huge changes coming to mobile and then desktop next year". So it isn't happening soon it sounds like. I'm assuming Intel, but he could be referring something else entirely like Imagination Technologies. I'd like to see PowerVR enter the PC market again.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a Teaser from Raja Koduri himself.

https://www.techpowerup.com/275733/i...hp-accelerator

This is a very low power server GPU. 4 vcore phases and no active cooling means sub 100W GPU. Higher than 75W though since it has a 6pin connector.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully we'll find out this week, but it's just going to be an announcement. Considering that Apple released the M1 which makes Intel look like hot garbage, I could see Intel announcing something mobile soon. Key thing is he says, "huge changes coming to mobile and then desktop next year". So it isn't happening soon it sounds like. I'm assuming Intel, but he could be referring something else entirely like Imagination Technologies. I'd like to see PowerVR enter the PC market again.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.techpowerup.com/275733/i...hp-accelerator

[img]https://hardforum.com/data/attachment-files/2020/12/408792_1607496594976.png[img]
    1 slot, half-length, with no fan
    That's not a powerful GPU. I'd be surprised if anyone gets it, including servers. I just can't believe it's worth the PCIe space

I'm ready for last-gen GPUs to become that much more affordable so I can upgrade my ancient GTX 970.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    AMD barely performs on par with normal workload and is whole generation behind in raytracing. And that is a company with long experience in GPUs. How could Intel come anywhere close?

I am on a 1080 Ti too. Power limit set to 127. +15/+300 core/mem offset, liquid cooled. I am playing on preset 10 quality with 5120 x 1348 resolution (2x 1440p monitors, split screen rendering). I took a flight from revendreth to southern ardenweald.

Revendreth was about 160fps average (250fps max, 120fps min)
    Ardibweaked was about 120fps average (190fps max, 90fps min)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'm ready for last-gen GPUs to become that much more affordable so I can upgrade my ancient GTX 970.
    What's your budget?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    AMD barely performs on par with normal workload and is whole generation behind in raytracing. And that is a company with long experience in GPUs. How could Intel come anywhere close?
    AMD is ahead in some work loads, and behind in others.
    Their rasterization performance is about the same per watt as Nvidias too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What's your budget?
    Anything around $300-400 that's at least a decent upgrade over what I've got.

As it is right now, it looks like pretty much all good GPUs are being gouged by scalpers.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2020-12-10 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    They wont. Theyll just go out of stock.

And existing stock of last-gen cards are going for OVER the MSRP in a lot of cases because of lack of supply.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in any way that is significant for 99.5% of users, however. The theoretical 5 extra fps at resolutions few people play at if they have that powerful of a rig (no one with money to splash out on an expensive rig is playing at 1080p anymore, which is the only resolution where CPU performance is really that important) is just not relevant to most people.

It certainly wouldn't be to me. If we were talking 20% or something, sure... but we arent. We're taking 5%. At the top end. Within the margin of error for 1% and .1% lows. THe amount of exaggeration that goes on on these forums about the performance differences, particularly for "average" rigs, is staggering. Someone suggests getting a 10600K instead of a 5600X and the rabid forum goes are like "OMG WHY U DO DIS AMD SO MUCH BATTAR, U SHOULD DIE" - its just dumb. For anyone buying in that price range, theyll literally never notice the difference (provided they OC the 10600K, Intel still hasn't adapted AMDs "let it boost until thermal/power says it cant", to artificially segment their product line).

Which is not to say "dont buy AMD" - just that most people aren't going to use 5% theoretical max fps as their primary point of decision, and since AMD decided to hike prices this generation, they dont have the "similar or better performance AND cheaper" thing going for them. Just... theoretically faster in ways that most people wont notice. THey dont even HAVE a Zen 3 product below 300, so if you're looking to keep it cheap, Intel is now basically the only deal in town. A 10100F is 80$. It boosts to 4.6Ghz, and is 4/8. The only thing near it from AMD is the 3200G... at 100$, 4/4, and slower. (And Zen+, not Zen 2). The 3100 and 3300X might as well not exist. Last time i looked, the 3300X was selling 50$ over MSRP if you can even find it.

Even the 6/12 area is Intel favored. The 10400f is cheaper than the 3600 by a margin and they trade blows. The 10600K is the same price-ish as the 5600X and when overclocked trades blows with or comes in very marginally behind the 5600X. And no, the "platform" is not cheaper. A decent B550 board is going to run you ~120-140$.... and a decent Z470 board that will OC a 10600K without issues is about... ~130-140$.

And Rocket Lake is basically going to erase Zen 3's advantage. The leaked scores for the 11900K running at 4ghz showed it just barely shy of the 5800x (? the 8/16 part) which was boosting at its full boost clocks (so ~4.7ghz). If it can hit 5ghz itll be ahead or dead-even.

And if Intel keeps the pricing relatively the same from 10th to 11th gen, itll also leave AMD as only a clear "winner" in price/performance at the 400$+ zone (just the 8/16 parts and higher, which TBQH, most gamers aren't buying anyway) until and unless they lower their prices and get the Zen 3 out below 300$.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2020-12-11 at 12:22 AM.