Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Strongest 1v1 spec?

Just wondering whats the strongest 1v1 spec in your opinion and why?

Sub rogue. Can just stun you and then kill you inside the stun easily and nothing you can do to counter them. At least assuming its a duel and they start in stealth.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-28 at 10:33 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Skillcapped made a video (youtube) for this and ranked all classes according to their 1v1 potential.

Best is Rogue with 10/10 and worst is warrior with 4/10.

My personal opinion: I don't know.

Depends on the environment really.

Yeah, rogues are really solid but they rely on being able to reset around pillars. Is it a duel? The restricted range can hinder a ranges ability to kite, if it’s open world then something like a frost mage is phenomenal but otherwise they struggle to secure kills by themselves. A rogue, on the other hand, falls apart if there’s nowhere to hide for a restealth in most cases if they’re against someone that can competently kite you out.

Personally, I’d say something like a wind walker monk would be the highest overall for all types of PvP, with sub rogue or arcane mage taking the win in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Sub rogue. Can just stun you and then kill you inside the stun easily and nothing you can do to counter them. At least assuming its a duel and they start in stealth.
    +1

No way to win subrogue. In fact makes no sense to duel with this spec, you can't loose if you have all CDs.

Not even against a destro lock with portal/gate + seduce? I'll google vids, a Demo lock fear won't break from damage so easily ..

Feral druid for all the same reasons as rogue cept they dont die.

MM hunter and Sub rogue is the op 1vs1 atm

Yep, Sub rogue, Feral druid and MM hunter need nerf in pvp. Totally unplayable against.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Not warrior that's for damned sure, heh.
    But practically it's a lot of fun as a warrior, even if your lack of healing will eventually always end you.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Sub rogue by far the best atm will get nerfed. Ret pally is always good 1v1

Yeah sub rogue is kinda op now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    they can do it in arena pretty safely too.

they have enough CC them selves to CC 2 people, then theres CC from there team mate, all they need is rougle a half or 1 sec to kill you atm.

id like to say id be suprised if it makes it to season start like this, but this is blizz.

i dont mind high burst class's but having a a class that can basicly kill you in under 1s, and coming from stealth and with the amount of CC rouges have.... its just un winable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
    Yeah sub rogue is kinda op now.
    understatment that. there very OP atm.

its a bit hidden right now, people still blaming lack of gear for why they die in a global or it balanced by the odd time you catch one in a bg and they melt.

but take a jump into arena skirms, there the rouge starts with all the advantages.

in 2s sub/ret or sub/sp litteraly cant be beaten.

in 3s the combos get even worse, sub, shadow and ret are all exteamly strong right now, in or close to the kill you in a global range and with really good cc.

in skirms i faced a double sub, resto druid team. mass cc at start, one shot the resto shamman (and i mean one shot, he was dead befor i could trinket), re setelthed, re cc and then globaled me, then our hunter bined out to save time.

god knows what this first seasons gonna be like if this stays as is.

Definitely sub rogue if they get their CDs off.
    On the other hand, if they mistime a stun for a quarter second or cloak and/or trinket is down, a rooted or stunned sub rogue is about as useful as crumpled tissue paper and half as sturdy.

I say this as a sub rogue who is sometimes slow
    Last edited by Steelangel; 2020-12-01 at 04:56 PM.

Not 1 mention of Windwalker Monk. Sad. A good windwalker beats any spec in the game, even the op Sub Rogue. Windwalkers can also 1v2 pretty easily. ...and when it all goes to shit, they can FSK, roll, port /cya

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    they can do it in arena pretty safely too.

they have enough CC them selves to CC 2 people, then theres CC from there team mate, all they need is rougle a half or 1 sec to kill you atm.

id like to say id be suprised if it makes it to season start like this, but this is blizz.

i dont mind high burst class's but having a a class that can basicly kill you in under 1s, and coming from stealth and with the amount of CC rouges have.... its just un winable.

- - - Updated - - -

understatment that. there very OP atm.

its a bit hidden right now, people still blaming lack of gear for why they die in a global or it balanced by the odd time you catch one in a bg and they melt.

but take a jump into arena skirms, there the rouge starts with all the advantages.

in 2s sub/ret or sub/sp litteraly cant be beaten.

in 3s the combos get even worse, sub, shadow and ret are all exteamly strong right now, in or close to the kill you in a global range and with really good cc.

in skirms i faced a double sub, resto druid team. mass cc at start, one shot the resto shamman (and i mean one shot, he was dead befor i could trinket), re setelthed, re cc and then globaled me, then our hunter bined out to save time.

god knows what this first seasons gonna be like if this stays as is.
    Rogue was always overopowered since BC. Rogues and Mages always dominated Arena and PvP. So if you wanna aim for the glad, the subrogue got it much easier now In battlegrounds subs always kill me while stunned. gg blizz

It depends, on my Unholy DK I've beaten some Sub Rogues with mild difficulty if I can time my Abomination right, use specific trinkets, lock them down, and use icebound fortitude properly. Right now the toughest fight for me is S Priest, Destro Lock, WW Monk, and Ret Paladins. Last Arena season my friend and I weren't even running a 2's comp and were playing a Unholy Dk/MM Hunter and we were able to get to rated 2000. We did not have to much trouble with Sub Rogues if we were able to catch them off guard with Abom or Flare. Our trouble came from paladins. The key for me against sub rogues is a combination of luck and skill. If I do not time Abom right then they have the advantage but if I can hit them with my Abom then for a short time the advantage is given back to me. I can defiantly see for classes that don't have an immunity or way to de-stealth the rogue they will be a problem.
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2020-12-02 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    MM hunter and Sub rogue is the op 1vs1 atm
    I second this. The opening of these two classes is insane. The sub rogue brings a lot of cc, making the life of the adversary really hard, even if one has the PVP trinket. On the side of the MM, a couple of fastly-casted aimed shots can one-shot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    It depends, on my Unholy DK I've beaten some Sub Rogues with mild difficulty if I can time my Abomination right, use specific trinkets, lock them down, and use icebound fortitude properly.
    That's because UH is a hard counter for (sub) rogue. They've got options to disrupt rogue openers and between their pet and dots, they make it difficult to reset. On top of alright self-healing and tankiness.

Gotta agree with Angrie, though. WW is a beast in duels.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't lost a duel yet on my UH DK, but it got very close once against a hunter. And last time I played a ww monk, I had no trouble even in 1 vs 2 situations. But that was in BFA, so not sure if it's still that op.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!