Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Obviously PUG will be able to clear it at some point. But their point was that PUG will not be able to clear it when it's relevant content, and I 100% agree with that. There's no way your standard PUG will clear the normal raid with <200ilvl gear if it stays as it is now. Even organized guild groups with full 184+ gear are struggling with it.
    You're way off base with this one. Cleared it on first day after 4 hours in a PUG. Only boss that was a problem was Lady Inerva.

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Hungering Destroyer - 1st attempt
    Lady Inerva - 5th attempt
    The council of blood - 3rd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt
    Stone Legion - 2nd attempt
    Sire Denathrius - 3rd attempt

I'm disappointed in the lack of difficulty but do enjoy the fights in terms of mechanics, looking forward to mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by ekn88 View Post
    You're way off base with this one. Cleared it on first day after 4 hours in a PUG. Only boss that was a problem was Lady Inerva.

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

I'm disappointed in the lack of difficulty but do enjoy the fights in terms of mechanics, looking forward to mythics.
    im sure you did buddy

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

Sure you did, and the pope personally called you to congratulate you?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    im sure you did buddy
    Yep, Limit should recruit that guy, they haven't killed hc Denathrius yet but there's some nebulous pug that downs it in 3 attempts!

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

Amazing that people have to lie about something to justify their point.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, Limit should recruit that guy, they haven't killed hc Denathrius yet but there's some nebulous pug that downs it in 3 attempts!
    We're talking about normal not HC.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They are making raiding so complex.

Bosses have way too many abilities now. I thought that was what mythic was for. Heroic should be achieveable with a decent pug
    There's classic for you if this is too difficult.

Yeah I don't think this tier has too many abilities at all, I think they nailed the balance between downtime and doing mechanics
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

Although i am ok with the high difficulty i have to agree with the rest here... no way you did that with a normal pug group.
    Even Guilds are struggeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Obviously PUG will be able to clear it at some point. But their point was that PUG will not be able to clear it when it's relevant content, and I 100% agree with that. There's no way your standard PUG will clear the normal raid with <200ilvl gear if it stays as it is now. Even organized guild groups with full 184+ gear are struggling with it.
    I don't think they will take that long. It is not THAT difficult. It is just difficult the first time you see it. Inerva requires probably the most coordination... maybe...
    But nothing in it requires actual communication the moment people know what the boss does.

If you do NOT knwo what the boss does you don't deserve to kill it... sorry.... a bit of preperation should be there. In two weeks tops most Pugs will be able to get to the end. This is the progress of people playing in PuGs. Stop asking for hand outs. Enjoy the challenge. It is not undoable!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I wrote "imho".
    Also group of friends can organize in a guild.

And yes normal is MAYBE to hard for now(!!!!). But it is the firts day. everyone is massivly underequipped. In two weeks PuGs will clear it without difficulty..
    You're forgetting that Titanforge doesn't exist now and guilds for whom Normal is main difficulty aren't exactly going to get a lot of M+ gear. Their gear won't magically increase by 20 ilvl which could potentially trivialize the raid. There's a single legendary, one item from weekly cache - which probably won't be a high ilvl one considering their main form of content - and some reputation gear... on exalted.

Heroic, sure, people are heavily undergeared. Normal? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You're forgetting that Titanforge doesn't exist now and guilds for whom Normal is main difficulty aren't exactly going to get a lot of M+ gear. Their gear won't magically increase by 20 ilvl which could potentially trivialize the raid. There's a single legendary, one item from weekly cache - which probably won't be a high ilvl one considering their main form of content - and some reputation gear... on exalted.

Heroic, sure, people are heavily undergeared. Normal? Not so much.
    The first bosses in the raid don't need more equip.
    They need you to understand the mechanics. Then nearly everything is avoidable.
    And those are not hard. Just new. Most of them have never been in a raid or not in the last few expansion.

Like the CC and altimore. Or the triangel on Inerva. It is mostly a do it once and you know it type of stuff

Some of these fights are dumb overtuned on normal but you guys could get it done as long as you got enough healers and tanks for your 10 man. It just might take a little longer as 10 man either tends to be highly overtuned or ez undertuned. But if you're willing to stick it out, ya'll can clear everything in due time

- - - Updated - - -

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

Logs for these fights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Every boss can be outgeared. At some point you can nearly ignore mechanics EXCEPT insta death stuff like the DPS check on Sludgefist and Artificer.

They will clear it. 100%. Just missing gear. And it will not happen this week.

If someone only want to get through the raid without any effort LFR is there for them.
    LFR N'Zoth says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People who clear Mythic raids can normally come into Normal in dungeon blues and clear it in short order.
    Because its not balanced around their skill level and its not supposed to.

If the top players are struggling in Normal the people for who Normal is intended are in big big trouble.
    Are they really having problems in normal? Not only HC?

normal and heroic is certainly harder than before, but i dont think its a bad thing. as long as mythic remain at the same difficulty, it was hard enough except for maybe the first couple of bosses.
    in previous tiers heroic was way too easy compared to mythic, it was common that several thousands of of guilds cleared week one, meanwhile it took 5 months for for top 1000 to clear mythic

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Are they really having problems in normal? Not only HC?
    My guild is by no means like a top 50 or anything, but we killed Mythic Nzoth early June, for reference. It took us about 5 hours to full clear normal on tuesday, Sludgefist was by far the hardest, taking 9 attempts. The rest were 1-4 attempts. It did feel a bit overtuned for normal mode. The Sludge chain in particular is super punishing and has a pretty damn tight dps check for normal mode too.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

We're talking about normal not HC.
    Then maybe check HC first before you say:

Shriekwing - 1st attempt
    Huntsman - 1st attempt
    Sun King - 2nd attempt
    Artificer - 2nd attempt
    Sludgefist - 2nd attempt

Hahahhahahahahahhaa.

No you didn't silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    It's not overtuned if people are raiding it with 180 ilvl. Raid is meant to have some weekly progress that gets easier every single reset because your raid ilvl grows.

I don't understand how people can't get this. If your HC guild is stuck at 7/10 HC, 4/10 HC or whatever on first week you'll surely kill new bosses on next reset. Remember, the first raid probably lasts 6 months and you expect HC guilds to be done on first reset?
    People clearly want to one shot everything and not progress 2 or 3 weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think it’s overly hard. It’s definitely more hard than past normal raids, but from what I’ve seen, it’s a combination of mediocre players who aren’t parsing above 40% and aren’t doing mechanics. If the average person in your raid is parsing 80% or higher and does the mechanics, you’ll full clear week 1.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    People clearly want to one shot everything and not progress 2 or 3 weeks
    on normal ? ofc - espceially if you are talking about CE guilds which have problems to clear normal

this means that your average player has exackly 0 chance to clear it and if he cant progress at resonable rate he will just quit game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I don’t think it’s overly hard. It’s definitely more hard than past normal raids, but from what I’ve seen, it’s a combination of mediocre players who aren’t parsing above 40% and aren’t doing mechanics. If the average person in your raid is parsing 80% or higher and does the mechanics, you’ll full clear week 1.
    soo exackly the players whom for normal was designed for ?

im always fascinated by people from world 2000-1000 guild who feel this strange need to flex their e-pen on forums when guilds like Limit are oficialy speaking about raid being overtuned.

what do you people get from it ? e-fame ? better self esteeme that as world 1500 players you cleared something which world 500000th player wont ever clear ? gg you won internets for today