Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. The game will sell amazingly. Most likely reason: because of the hype.
    2. The game has reviewed amazingly well. Most likely reason because it is good: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/c...nk-2077?ref=hp
    3. The game has some terrible hot-takes. Most likely reason, because of clicks or to be edgy/contrary for attention.
    4. Fans take every negative comment personally. Most likely reason, fanboyism(it happens, it isn't anything to be ashamed of, it is actually a survival mechanism in human nature).
    5. Haters who hated the game before release, hate the game now. Most likely reason, seeking justification for an arbitrary decision(probably years ago) to skip this trend.
    6. AAA games are being pressured to take up social issues. Most likely reason, politics and personal beliefs.

No metrics can make this game a failure at this point. The best you can hope for if you are actively against the game is for some sort of short legs on it or or some meaningless twitch statistic.

You are a victim of confirmation bias. You have preconceived notions about the game, and each new piece of "evidence" that pops up can be incorrectly reasoned to fit your argument.

Also, there is nothing that can be done about social issues being heavily pressured on big AAA games. Applying that pressure is good for clicks, and good for career, regardless of popularity with a general audience. It's a press thing. Public interest(even negative) and promoting potential bosses personal beliefs in one's own writings, will generally increase chances of success in any career in media.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-10 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    1. The game will sell amazingly. Most likely reason: because of the hype.
    2. The game has reviewed amazingly well. Most likely reason because it is good: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/c...nk-2077?ref=hp
    3. The game has some terrible hot-takes. Most likely reason, because of clicks or to be edgy/contrary for attention.
    4. Fans take every negative comment personally. Most likely reason, fanboyism.
    5. Haters who hated the game before release, hate the game now. Most likely reason, seeking justification for an arbitrary decision(probably years ago) to skip this trend.
    6. AAA games are being pressured to take up social issues. Most likely reason, politics and personal beliefs.

No metrics can make this game a failure at this point. The best you can hope for if you are actively against the game is for some sort of short legs on it or or some meaningless twitch statistic.

You are a victim of confirmation bias. You have preconceived notions about the game, and each new piece of "evidence" that pops up can be incorrectly reasoned to fit your argument.

Also, there is nothing that can be done about social issues being heavily pressured on big AAA games. Applying that pressure is good for clicks, and good for career, regardless of popularity with a general audience. It's a press thing. Public interest(even negative) and promoting potential bosses personal beliefs in one's own writings, will generally increase chances of success in any career in media.
    Hah! Great post. I love the frankness in it.

Thankfully Cyberpunk has the option to turn that off in the settings, that was the first thing I turned off together with film grain and motion blur
    Same. I hate those settings. They distract the hell out of me and often give me a headache to boot. And the lens flares too.

My main issue are the perks / skills are incredibly generic "+10% damage".

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, 8 mil pre-orders.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Am i blind, iv read you can change firemodes on guns but i cant for the life of me figure out how.
    I haven't figured it out either, so far I think one pistol seems to be semi auto. I prefer my pistols one shot(As in one shot per click but I digress).

So far no bugginess for me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This crafting system is great. Pretty elegant and I am constantly thinking how I'm gonna upgrade and resupply myself.

What were the complaints about it? I just heard people disliked it but it's been a great boon to me so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That is not my opinion, it is yours. You are saying something that is nonsensical and largely impossible in artistic critique.
    But that is the thing. It doesn't need to be an artistic critique. It just needs to be a critique. Why is it that guides about classes, crafting, mechanics, etc all can do what you are saying is largely impossible even though they would cover the same things as a review about the game? The difference between going on about World War 2 just because that is the subject of the movie while leaving very little to discuss the actual movie.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-10 at 04:52 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that is the thing. It doesn't need to be an artistic critique. It just needs to be a critique. Why is it that guides about classes, crafting, mechanics, etc all can do what you are saying is largely impossible even though they would cover the same things as a review about the game? The difference between going on about World War 2 just because that is the subject of the movie while leaving very little to discuss the actual movie.
    There's a difference between guides and reviews. A review is there to give the reviewers impression and opinion. A guide is essentially an expanded instruction book that tells you how the various systems work. I'm sure guides will be forthcoming but they fall outside the purview of a review.

- - - Updated - - -

This crafting system is great. Pretty elegant and I am constantly thinking how I'm gonna upgrade and resupply myself.

What were the complaints about it? I just heard people disliked it but it's been a great boon to me so far.
    General complaints are that in the time it takes you to craft something you could have found something equivalent or got cash together to buy it. A reviewer focusing on story and quests felt there wasn't any reason to delve into the crafting side of things.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get much time with it last night but the PC version seems fine if you aren't playing on Ultra settings with RTX. My friend was playing it with an RTX 3090 and got a BSOD and crash to desktop both within an hour. I had no crashes through two hours of play and only a couple of visual glitches like an object getting stuck on the hood of the car.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game sounds even better than it looks. The sound design in this game is some of the best I have ever heard. Magnificent. The hours of work it must have taken and the trouble, really impressive.
    This. That introduction and title theme are absolutely masterpieces of audio work.

Shame that anyone who doesn't have an ATX CPU can't play right now, it's HZD all over again until they patch it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's a difference between guides and reviews. A review is there to give the reviewers impression and opinion. A guide is essentially an expanded instruction book that tells you how the various systems work. I'm sure guides will be forthcoming but they fall outside the purview of a review.
    Of course there is a difference in purpose but if guides can been written with out an artistic flair then so can a critique. The problem is most of the reviews are to heavily weighted to artistic and not actually reviewing the game. They are reviewing their opinion and impression rather then the actual game. Which is a problem and not something that should be accepted as "outside the purview of a review".

A person shouldn't have to wait for a guide to learn how the crafting, gun play, and other aspects of the game perform because those are all core features of a the game that most reviews seemed to have ignored in favor of poetic word counts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    General complaints are that in the time it takes you to craft something you could have found something equivalent or got cash together to buy it. A reviewer focusing on story and quests felt there wasn't any reason to delve into the crafting side of things.
    Hm. Well, I been sticking to the story thus far. I think I did a side gig? Not sure the "quest tracking" in the game is kinda tough to tell what you are doing.

But I got some Blue items pretty early that were def. good and breaking down items let me leap frog a bit by boosting my armor. I have found that crafting has given me good rewards and I have some items I would not have just found lying around or buying. I feel pretty wealthy actually because of crafting- I am selling crap I don't need and breaking down the cheapies.

I did put some effort into Intellect/Tech and Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why is it that guides about classes, crafting, mechanics, etc all can do what you are saying is largely impossible even though they would cover the same things as a review about the game?
    These are not critiques of an artistic work.

The purpose of art criticism is interpretive. It is not anything else. You might be thinking of a description; which can indeed be objective. But a description is not a critique either.

I'm sad to say that I requested a refund after 3 hours.

1. The controls with kb&mouse are horrible. Expected from a CDPR game, as to them kb&mouse controls are always an afterthought. Yes, I did check the reddit post about rebinding the keys by editing a file, which is stupid from so-called AAA game. Also it fucks up with your game. I bound Shift to toggle sprint, it worked, but after I exit the game and relaunched it, it now now only sprints when I hold Shift despite being set to toggle.

2. The UI is extremely convoluted.

3. I'm just not...grabbed by the game. I dunno. I thought I would like it and be crazy about it, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Maybe I'll buy it again some months later when it's more polished.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UI takes time to adjust to but I don't have too much issue. Controls feel fine to me if the gunplay feels... a bit less structured then I'm used to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Definitly not sold on it yet but GoG has a really generous refund police so I might as well give it a fair shake.

Haven't played much yet, maybe 70 minutes, but the atmosphere grabbed me from the get go. Was surprised how good it looks and how well it runs on my 1060. Can't judge the gameplay or the buggyness much at this point and am too tired to play anymore today, but my first impression is it's amazing.

Dónde comprar Cyberpunk 2027

Ya salió en México? :RE

- - - Updated - - -

¿Dónde lo puedo comprar?

I'm guessing I should play this with my 360 for Windows controller, rather than mouse and keyboard?

Gonna wait until monday to play when my RTX 3060 arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I'm guessing I should play this with my 360 for Windows controller, rather than mouse and keyboard?

Gonna wait until monday to play when my RTX 3060 arrives.
    You play with what you find more comfortable. I have no problems whatsoever with any of the default controls of mouse and keyboard but that is just my experience.

Just don't be the other guy that claimed he quit the game because he couldn't switch the shift key to make his character run instead of toggling run. Pathetic excuse for his own tastes which I find no problem with by the way.

Be honest about it though.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-12-10 at 06:25 PM.

I have a question regarding the relationship between the main story and side missions, are any side missions disappear from your quest log if you did an action that makes these side missions disappear due to the quest giver or target die before completing the mission? I want heads up before regretting not completing a quest if I left it a long time in my quest log.