Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I have a question regarding the relationship between the main story and side missions, are any side missions disappear from your quest log if you did an action that makes these side missions disappear due to the quest giver or target die before completing the mission? I want heads up before regretting not completing a quest if I left it a long time in my quest log.
    I don't think this game works like Skyrim in that sense but I'm not sure

/jelly of people playing this on their Xbox Series and PS5...

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    1. The controls with kb&mouse are horrible. Expected from a CDPR game, as to them kb&mouse controls are always an afterthought. Yes, I did check the reddit post about rebinding the keys by editing a file, which is stupid from so-called AAA game. Also it fucks up with your game. I bound Shift to toggle sprint, it worked, but after I exit the game and relaunched it, it now now only sprints when I hold Shift despite being set to toggle.

2. The UI is extremely convoluted.
    1. Are you kidding me? Damn. Just been plowing through it with the default bindings but no matter what I did in the settings they never worked. Come on, CDPR. Wow.

2. Yea, it's my second biggest sore spot about the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    played for 9 hrs and the only bug i came in contact with was that my char couldnt move after a cutscene i just reload the save and never had that problem again . perfect game if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1. Are you kidding me? Damn. Just been plowing through it with the default bindings but no matter what I did in the settings they never worked. Come on, CDPR. Wow.

2. Yea, it's my second biggest sore spot about the game.
    I had issues with Alt being tide to ready/holster weapon as it was conflicting with shortcuts for the Windows recording overlay (Win+Alt+R, Win+Alt+G, Win+Alt+PrtScr), so I switched it to \ (key left of Z on my UK layout) without issue. I've not tried any others so far.

The UI is a bit convoluted, but for me it has been fairly easy to navigate when hunting for something (like shards).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...stop_laughing/

Oh my god I'm dying. I need to dig up the Digital Foundry video on this, because if that's what the baseline PS4 version looks like...ooph. I saw it goes as low as 720p (and still drops to 15 FPS) but man...this is gonna need some serious patching.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are not critiques of an artistic work. The purpose of art criticism is interpretive. It is not anything else. You might be thinking of a description; which can indeed be objective. But a description is not a critique either.
    But it is to interpret the game not the reviewer or the reviewers view. That is the key point you keep glossing over to say that anything put to word is acceptable in a game review. A game review can be objective because it has and does happen with plenty of things. Objectivity is about living your personal views, hang ups, and expectations behind to review what is there with the game.

A game also isn't art. It is a game. You don't review a soccer match the same way you review a Rembrandt. Do you?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I had issues with Alt being tide to ready/holster weapon as it was conflicting with shortcuts for the Windows recording overlay (Win+Alt+R, Win+Alt+G, Win+Alt+PrtScr), so I switched it to \ (key left of Z on my UK layout) without issue. I've not tried any others so far.

The UI is a bit convoluted, but for me it has been fairly easy to navigate when hunting for something (like shards).
    Yeah the way you put away your weapons is off and well I rather not see my hands in front of my face all the time like some fighter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    1. The controls with kb&mouse are horrible. Expected from a CDPR game, as to them kb&mouse controls are always an afterthought. Yes, I did check the reddit post about rebinding the keys by editing a file, which is stupid from so-called AAA game. Also it fucks up with your game. I bound Shift to toggle sprint, it worked, but after I exit the game and relaunched it, it now now only sprints when I hold Shift despite being set to toggle.
    Shift is default sprint. And it defaults to staying on for me. So I'm not sure why you would need to rebind it. Also the Keyboard and Mouse controls are a pretty standard configuration. Does it suck that it doesn't support for re-mapping, or the weird configs people like to use? Sure but it isn't that big of a deal and it is at least something that CDPR struggles with.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or does the game not recognize rebound keys? I changed the key for phone calls to F1 but the game doesn't respond when I press F1. I still have to press the default T or whatever.

The keybinding options are annoying.

I also dislike that the menu commands are not consistent. Sometimes I have to press ESC, others times E, maybe TAB for something else. Why? That's really, really poor design. My husband designs GUIs for a living- this is an offense.

Did this ever resolve for you or is this still the case? Anyone else having/noticing this issue (PC?)

As a PCer for whom being able to change native keybindings is *extremely* important - this comment has me now the most worried. This literally makes or breaks the game for me. If I can't rebind the native UI (and have it work) then I won't be buying it.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The character creator is actually very disappointing than expected. Think Dragon Age: Inquisition had a better customization mode. Now sure DA:I didn't have a dick adjustor but it still seems very lacking in comparison, the upcoming Baldur's Gate 3 seems to have more variety. :S

Also wheres a good long hair style for men?

Also this is the world of cyberpunk, why no beards for women? Or the removal of boobs completely from female models. I was willing to get super creative, unfortunately not
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-10 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Did this ever resolve for you or is this still the case? Anyone else having/noticing this issue (PC?)

As a PCer for whom being able to change native keybindings is *extremely* important - this comment has me now the most worried. This literally makes or breaks the game for me. If I can't rebind the native UI (and have it work) then I won't be buying it.
    No. I just found out you have to remap via Ini file supposedly. It's... very annoying.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, surprise motherfucking surprise! You can't rebind the arrow keys to movement and combat without jumping through some hoops and editing the game files.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...able_controls/

Why does CDPR always suck at making good kb&mouse controls?
    Well shit...

At least you CAN edit game files then? I mean if I have to jump through hoops to make it work I'd rather do that then never play.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comment...stop_laughing/

Oh my god I'm dying. I need to dig up the Digital Foundry video on this, because if that's what the baseline PS4 version looks like...ooph. I saw it goes as low as 720p (and still drops to 15 FPS) but man...this is gonna need some serious patching.
    DF still hasn't put out any videos properly analysing the state of it on console, because besides being sent keys for the PC version, CDPR's embargo prohibited media outlets from using their own footage pre-release, which it's quite obvious why with clips such as that now appearing.

When it's running like that it'll take more than a little patching to set things straight, if they even intend to when they deemed it acceptable for release like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The the character creator is actually very disappointing than expected. Think Dragon Age: Inquisition had a better customization mode. Now sure DA:I didn't have a dick adjustor but it still seems very lacking in comparison, the upcoming Baldur's Gate 3 seems to have more variety. :S

Also wheres a good long hair style for men?
    Yeah it's not very good, I think it's better than DAI, even if it's preset's instead of sliders, can't comment on BG3 don't have it yet.

Though the character I created looks a bit off and different, from what I got in game.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    DF still hasn't put out any videos properly analysing the state of it on console, because besides being sent keys for the PC version, CDPR's embargo prohibited media outlets from using their own footage pre-release, which it's quite obvious why with clips such as that now appearing.

When it's running like that it'll take more than a little patching to set things straight, if they even intend to when they deemed it acceptable for release like this.
    I saw Eurogamer post some screens and early comments from DF for the PS4 version (base), that's where I got the resolution info from. I imagine they're getting that out now while they work on the full video analysis.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-already-begun

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I just found out you have to remap via Ini file supposedly. It's... very annoying.
    Agreed - but I'll take it!

Heck, I had to use autohotkey scripter in order to rebind Death Stranding's map's zoom in/out off of the mouse-scroller button (one of the few controls the native settings didn't let you rebind outright, of course - my mouse has no scroll button lol).

I don't mind the extra steps so much - as long as it means I can play. I literally had to uninstall Witcher 3 from my PC because the controls were so horrible and I couldn't change them - I coudln't get past the tutorial.

But the irony of a game dev company that is supposedly trying to be more "inclusive" with their game and this 'amazing CC" - to continue to just ignore those with physical disabilities by not including the ability to do this in the native settings reliably (something that's been an option since the first Doom at least...) is not lost on me. It is Disappoint. :/

This should really be standard now, after 30 years of "most" games doing it. There's really no excuse or reason.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-12-10 at 07:34 PM.
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR

Some more impressions;

-The combat is growing on me. Between various grenades, a decent variety of guns, quick-hacking and melee combat you have a good amount of options and there's a feeling of progression. It's still not great but it's better than TW3's. The skill tree isn't very impressive however, the only part that seems to give you actually tangible rewards are the new quickhacks and breaches from the hacking branches. Rest is +10% to this and +5% to that, boring as shit but then again TW3 was the same.

-Story starts to really pick up a few hours in. Can't say I'm hooked but I am interested. Got two hits in the feels already.

-On the other hand, the more I go the more I dislike the UI. It seems like they designed it for a middle ground between PC and console and I doubt I'd like it much better if I played with a controller. The map especially is kind of a mess of icons that almost looks like an Ubisoft game's map and I'm so not interested in the generic side gig quests strewn around the map after having done a couple of them. Tying into this, while I'm fine with most of the default keybinds, 1) it being hard to remap them is just not acceptable for a AAA game on PC, and 2) why is the only way to holster your weapon holding Alt of all keys and selecting the option out of a weapon wheel when I have like 40 spare keys on my keyboard that could do the job? I don't want to walk around the immersive crowds of your beautiful city with a katana drawn and ready to slice people up.

Speaking of consoles, a friend bought it for PS4 and hot damn is the old-gen version borked. Like, 15-20 FPS, tiny crowds, tons of missing effects and freezes everywhere kind of borked. Which really was inevitable, you can't expect hardware that was already middling 7 years ago to handle a title designed to push the graphical envelope today. Not for a multiplatform game at least. But that is no small comfort to the people who paid 60 USD for this thing and are left with a very inferior experience by all accounts.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-12-10 at 07:42 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    why is the only way to holster your weapon holding Alt of all keys and selecting the option? I don't want to walk around the immersive crowds of your beautiful city with a katana drawn and ready to slice people up.
    This is what gets me the most. Some things I can handle, the others frustrating as hell.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it is to interpret the game not the reviewer or the reviewers view.
    This is nonsense. The critique is created by a person with a mind. There is no possibility of separation from object data and interpretation of the experience. There does not exist object critique of media anywhere on planet Earth- again, you are likely thinking about descriptions.

A game also isn't art. It is a game. You don't review a soccer match the same way you review a Rembrandt. Do you?
    A Game is art. It is a medium in which one may express, communicate &/or demonstrate. That is all art is.

The difference in the critique of Rembrandt and Soccer is language, not the purpose.

Some courses on analysis and criticism actually have exercises where students offer a critique of an object not usually reviewed in familiar media as other mediums. For example, I wrote a review of a new apple every day on a blog ("An Apple A Day") as part of my final at Valencia. This is particularly important in professional criticism, (which I have done on film, television, music for printed publication) of a medium where expertise leveraged on the subject as an implicit value- such as professional video game reviews.

This is off-topic and I won't persist further. But the notion of the "objective" review is totally false in the modern convention and is only prevalent among the relatively young video game industry vs. other entertainment industries such as music, film, or theatre.

It's completely asinine and impossible to ask Stephen Thomas Erlewine to provide an Objective review of "Country Life". It is as I said flatly; blad ignorance. That is not intended as an insult either. I mean literally, the contraposition is one that lacks knowledge and study on the matter as a whole.