Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So much this. I read this thread more to see how people are enjoying the games, certainly not to see some retarded "nu-uh, my console wins!" bullshit.

Nobody else gives a single flying fuck about this. Only children with the mentality of toddlers care about which console "wins." Give it a rest.
    I never said i care which console wins. Im tired of tech spewing bullshit from his mouth on any subject and trying to pass it off as a fact. Regardless if its related to playstation, xbox or pc.

Well, then im not buying PS5 before that happens. Couldn't care less about triggers or other gimmicks, would disable them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    He doesn't know how to take a hint when he is being ignored and has already been laughed out of the thread.

Sackboy was better then I expected it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

The PS4 Pro only sold at 1/3rd the rate of the base model after it was released. So again tell me how much money is there for Sony to make there without the 4k problem the base PS4 had? Also 8k not becoming as popular during this gen as 4k did the last one isn't an assumption, it's a reality. The cheapest 8k TV on the market right now is $10k and even if that price dropped 10x by the end of this gen that is still 1k and way more then 4k started costing last gen.

Again the PS4 Pro was an answer to 4k TVs being affordable and there being no console on the market to support them. That isn't going to happen this gen. Their is literally nothing to sell the console to the main stream and those so called "enthusiasts" are such a niche that they are basically meaningless. Sony doesn't even make great margins on hardware sold if any at all so not sure where you get them making a PS5 Pro makes them more money either.
    Even if its 1/3, and youve provided no source, that is still a fucking lot of consoles.

You really don't get it lmao. It's not about 4K or 8K, its about profit and market share.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Even if its 1/3, and youve provided no source, that is still a fucking lot of consoles.

You really don't get it lmao. It's not about 4K or 8K, its about profit and market share.
    1/3rd was being generous https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...five-ps4s-sold since you wanted a source. Sorry that didn't work out the way you envisioned it.

What profit and market share is in a PS5 Pro again? You realize the profit margin on new consoles is small? You realize the PS5 is going to have no trouble selling over the gen and won't have a 4k problem like the PS4 did? "You really don't get it lmao." This is a situation where someone says something and it basically applies to them. The profit margin would be higher on PS5s sold in 2024 then on a brand new PS5 Pro you understand this right? But profit margins and I don't get it? Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

considering he posted this in this thread 1.5 years ago, no he clearly doesn't.

Link anything even hinting at Sony having an all digital option.

You can't.

It won't happen, it doesn't make sense for them. The drives are cheap, they are also the prominent console manufacturer for areas of the world like large spots of EU, LA, Middle East and SEA where internet is garbage. You're just basing this off your own feel craft and "MS is trying it!" but have nothing to back it up and you're coming back at me with "if you say so". Classic response.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    considering he posted this in this thread 1.5 years ago, no he clearly doesn't.
    Oh yea I was wrong about that, you had to go back 1.5 years to find an instance of me being wrong. Congrats my dude.

My PS5 is still working great, no errors. Nearly 100 hours on it now(or more, including streaming tv). Zero issues. I've been working it pretty hard too. Controllers still fine. Nothing to report except proper function. I've got it paired with a LG CX now and it is absolutely stunning picture quality.

Oh yea I was wrong about that, you had to go back 1.5 years to find an instance of me being wrong. Congrats my dude.
    Yup, sad you didn't learn anything in that 1.5 years on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yup, sad you didn't learn anything in that 1.5 years on the subject.
    Actually I learned a lot, and it's also why I highly doubt Sony is going to want 3 or 4 different SKUs on the market when they already have 2. Meanwhile I don't see any logic otherwise. Just "they did it so they must do it again!" without considering circumstances.

Actually I learned a lot, and it's also why I highly doubt Sony is going to want 3 or 4 different SKUs on the market when they already have 2. Meanwhile I don't see any logic otherwise. Just "they did it so they must do it again!" without considering circumstances.
    You might be right. But then, they might also discontinue one of their release SKU's they have right now in a similar fashion Nintendo did with the 3DS. Even if it's a marginal upgrade you suggest might happen like something with a higher SSD in the package or a smaller version.

So it seems Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales for PS5 update added a 60FPS mode with ray-traying.

Awesome, ill likely play on this mode once I grab the game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/marv...th-ray-tracing
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

1/3rd was being generous https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...five-ps4s-sold since you wanted a source. Sorry that didn't work out the way you envisioned it.

What profit and market share is in a PS5 Pro again? You realize the profit margin on new consoles is small? You realize the PS5 is going to have no trouble selling over the gen and won't have a 4k problem like the PS4 did? "You really don't get it lmao." This is a situation where someone says something and it basically applies to them. The profit margin would be higher on PS5s sold in 2024 then on a brand new PS5 Pro you understand this right? But profit margins and I don't get it? Hilarious.
    that source link is from 2017 as i already stated. Youv been proven wrong 3 times in the last 2 weeks by me here alone. Keep talking out of your ass and pretending like you know what the fuck your talking about bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    that source link is from 2017 as i already stated. Youv been proven wrong 3 times in the last 2 weeks by me here alone. Keep talking out of your ass and pretending like you know what the fuck your talking about bud.
    dude i think you need to chill. The ps5 thread should not be about your personal vendetta vs tech.

I disagree with him often and he can be abrasive but you are going over board.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    dude i think you need to chill. The ps5 thread should not be about your personal vendetta vs tech.

I disagree with him often and he can be abrasive but you are going over board.
    You don't need to worry about it, throw him on ignore like the guy he has been trying to talk to for 2 pages now did. If you think Zeta is ever going to provide any valuable commentary in the PS5 thread you must of missed his shenanigans all throughout last gen where he pulled the same garbage when he was salty the PS4 was ahead of his favorite corporation's console. This is just his chemical reaction to the salt entering his blood stream.

You don't need to worry about it, throw him on ignore like the guy he has been trying to talk to for 2 pages now did. If you think Zeta is ever going to provide any valuable commentary in the PS5 thread you must of missed his shenanigans all throughout last gen where he pulled the same garbage when he was salty the PS4 was ahead of his favorite corporation's console. This is just his chemical reaction to the salt entering his blood stream.
    Console war debates are so tired. Personally I'm too fond of Japanese studios to ever consider splashing out cash on an xbox. It doesnt really matter what console has slightly better specs to me its all about the game library. And microsoft pouring more money into gaming is only a good thing so I dont mind a bit of healthy competition either. I personally hope to see exclusives be more of a time gated thing and eventually opening up more among all the consoles/brands but I understand why that is probably a pipe dream because the margins in the consoles sold are not actually that high or sometimes even in the negative and they hope to make up those losses in accessory/games/online fees
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So it seems Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales for PS5 update added a 60FPS mode with ray-traying.

Awesome, ill likely play on this mode once I grab the game.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/12/marv...th-ray-tracing
    Yep, and another system software update with controller updates came out either yesterday or the day before. Hopefully that addressed some stability issues people are still experiencing(if any), but I haven't seen patch notes or anything.

Also, apparently the Destiny 2 update for PS5 is legit. I might have to redownload to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Console war debates are so tired. Personally I'm too fond of Japanese studios to ever consider splashing out cash on an xbox. It doesnt really matter what console has slightly better specs to me its all about the game library. And microsoft pouring more money into gaming is only a good thing so I dont mind a bit of healthy competition either. I personally hope to see exclusives be more of a time gated thing and eventually opening up more among all the consoles/brands but I understand why that is probably a pipe dream because the margins in the consoles sold are not actually that high or sometimes even in the negative and they hope to make up those losses in accessory/games/online fees
    I have nothing against the playstation, i said 2 pages ago i own every console from the last gen and will own every one from this gen. Im not shitting on playstation at all. Im tired of tech jumping from thread to thread, spewing bullshit passing it off as fact and none of you having the balls to call him on his bullshit. He posts incorrect info as facts, tries to just stir up with flaimbaits over w/e subject is the thread title by shitting on it. The mods seem to not care so ill happily call him on every instance i see. So far iv factually proven him full of 3 three times but every time he pretends like i didnt say anything and just keeps on posting dumb shit like "im never wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Yep, and another system software update with controller updates came out either yesterday or the day before. Hopefully that addressed some stability issues people are still experiencing(if any), but I haven't seen patch notes or anything.

Also, apparently the Destiny 2 update for PS5 is legit. I might have to redownload to check it out.
    Ya I'm not big on Destiny anymore but I may have to download it and give it a look, 60FPS and at 4K is nice.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Destiny 2 on PS5 is just amazing, I might actually switch back to playing it primarily since the only reason I switched to PC was the higher framerate.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Destiny 2 on PS5 is just amazing, I might actually switch back to playing it primarily since the only reason I switched to PC was the higher framerate.
    I'm done with destiny but I did check it out and ya it runs really smooth. Solid choice for anyone who wants to come back to console.