Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Agreed - but I'll take it!

Heck, I had to use autohotkey scripter in order to rebind Death Stranding's map's zoom in/out off of the mouse-scroller button (one of the few controls the native settings didn't let you rebind outright, of course - my mouse has no scroll button lol).

I don't mind the extra steps so much - as long as it means I can play. I literally had to uninstall Witcher 3 from my PC because the controls were so horrible and I couldn't change them - I coudln't get past the tutorial.

But the irony of a game dev company that is supposedly trying to be more "inclusive" with their game and this 'amazing CC" - to continue to just ignore those with physical disabilities by not including the ability to do this in the native settings reliably (something that's been an option since the first Doom at least...) is not lost on me. It is Disappoint. :/

This should really be standard now, after 30 years of "most" games doing it. There's really no excuse or reason.
    Yup I have the same problem with disability with certain games with unbindable keys. I have to use third party to remap mouse keys because I can't do it in many game. This one should be a lot more accessible then it is. Especially when it were touting it as accessible such by having allowing bigger subtitles and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I got to say is they have a funny idea of what qualifies as a big donger. Maybe it's a mega grower.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is nonsense. The critique is created by a person with a mind. There is no possibility of separation from object data and interpretation of the experience. There does not exist object critique of media anywhere on planet Earth- again, you are likely thinking about descriptions.
    It isn't nonsense because it has happened before. Weird that you think being objective is impossible and that a reviewer has to review themselves as much as the object they are reviewing. If objectivity is impossible then when does it exist as a word and concept? Just because it isn't something you are capable of doing doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It seems like though this is an arrogance born from your education and being taught that things have to be done a certain way. You are too caught up in what and how you've been taught to do things that you can't see that there are other ways to go about things and that not everything needs to be a blog post put into words just because it flows into your mind while playing a game.

It is a game, not a blog post, and reviews should be primarily about the game the game. That doesn't mean other topics can't appear in the review. But you are reviewing a game and not your feelings. That is the primary difference you don't seem to understand.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-10 at 08:08 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Call be old fashioned but I'm not going to be trying this game solely because of genital customization options. Might be a strange line to draw but being able to customize your genitals is where I draw the line and decide that I'm not going to try the product based solely on this one thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Call be old fashioned but I'm not going to be trying this game solely because of genital customization options. Might be a strange line to draw but being able to customize your genitals is where I draw the line and decide that I'm not going to try the product based solely on this one thing.
    Why though? You can turn the feature off and all it does is show underwear. You are drawing the line at a largely useless feature that is entirely optional and is rarely shown because your character is going to have clothes on for most of the game. It has nothing to do with being old fashioned but everything to do with just being silly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, the peepee is off by default. Jesus won't be upset while you dismember people with a katana.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why though? You can turn the feature off and all it does is show underwear. You are drawing the line at a largely useless feature that is entirely optional and is rarely shown because your character is going to have clothes on for most of the game. It has nothing to do with being old fashioned but everything to do with just being silly.
    For me the vulgarity of one feature spoils the entire game. Same reason as why I wouldn't read a hentai despite good art and storytelling.

For me the vulgarity of one feature spoils the entire game. Same reason as why I wouldn't read a hentai despite good art and storytelling.
    do you not play any games with boob sliders also?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    do you not play any games with boob sliders also?
    Nope. As soon as a piece of media or artwork has undue focus on sexuality, I quit.

Nope. As soon as a piece of media or artwork has undue focus on sexuality, I quit.
    Better quit WoW then since you can transmog all sorts of items to show off your digital goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Better quit WoW then since you can transmog all sorts of items to show off your digital goodies!
    That was vanilla. WoW hasn't had anything overtly explicit since at least MoP.

Do you feel like ignoreing it means it doesnt exist? Your just handicaping your own experience based of silly religion imposed modesty standards.

Last I checked you can still slutmog to your hearts content. Sexual options my man, you better quit the game or risk being a hypocrite.

Yeah many of the demon hunter mog would like a word.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is free to do what they want but it seems silly to say an optional feature makes the game to vulgar when you go around killing things and stuff. This isn't anything remotely close to a hentai but more like something a kin reading Game of Thrones. The game doesn't focus on being able to customize your bits and it is largely fluff that you can turn off for whatever cutscene it might show up in.

You would have far bigger issues over going to the strip clubs and other stuff that depict sexuality then a customization option.

Better stop consuming entertainment for a while, then.

You're in a sexual revolution much like the one the hippies had in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Of course there is a difference in purpose but if guides can been written with out an artistic flair then so can a critique. The problem is most of the reviews are to heavily weighted to artistic and not actually reviewing the game. They are reviewing their opinion and impression rather then the actual game. Which is a problem and not something that should be accepted as "outside the purview of a review".

A person shouldn't have to wait for a guide to learn how the crafting, gun play, and other aspects of the game perform because those are all core features of a the game that most reviews seemed to have ignored in favor of poetic word counts.
    Maybe with generic shooters you can focus on core mechanics more as that's all there is to the game but with and RPG it's much more about the experience of world and story so unless the core game is incredibly good or incredibly bad it isn't much of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that neither Polygon nor Kotaku gave the game a scored review, so you're just here complaining about literally nothing.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/c...critic-reviews

Both reviews included, neither scored and consequently doesn't impact its Metascore.

That some reviews are done through social lenses, alongside all the other reviews that are focused more on the game, is a good thing, not a bad thing. That's the evolution of critique and criticism that happens as an art form matures, and gaming is continuing to mature as an art form.
    In general? Sure. In context of trash like Kotaku and Polygon in particular, i.e. the sites that railed against CDPR's previous game for it not having enough diversity, despite Witcher being an established fantasy work based on Slavic folkore, various European fairy tales and Arthurian legends (and set in the northern part of the fictional continent no less)? Not really. Those sites are an unintended parody of the very concept of looking at games through a social lens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    In general? Sure. In context of trash like Kotaku and Polygon in particular, i.e. the sites that railed against CDPR's previous game for it not having enough diversity, despite Witcher being an established fantasy work based on Slavic folkore, various European fairy tales and Arthurian legends (and set in the northern part of the fictional continent no less)? Not really. Those sites are an unintended parody of the very concept of looking at games through a social lens.
    One of the reviews spent half the review comaining that the game let you be transgender but not enough to thier liming and how as a transgender person they wernt happy. Then halfway down they talked about actuall gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe with generic shooters you can focus on core mechanics more as that's all there is to the game but with and RPG it's much more about the experience of world and story so unless the core game is incredibly good or incredibly bad it isn't much of a big deal.
    But if they are talking about the reviewers personal opinions and views they are still not reviewing the world and story of the game. The difference between reviewing the game and reviewing the feelings of the reviewer. A lot of reviewers tend to lose focus that they are writing about the game rather then other stuff. There is a lot of stuff about the actual game that could have been covered but was glossed over by some reviewers for the more controversial subjects and topics. I get it. A reviewer is being paid to drive engagement to their publication. So they are not paid to review the games so much as they are paid to to it in a way to drive clicks even if it doesn't ultimately have much to do with the game play.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-10 at 09:15 PM.