Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How Great Vault works?

Guys, I swear I have been reading a lot about this. I checked Icy Veins, WoW Chakra, Youtube and also Google'd about it a lot, but everyone says different things. I guess only one has reason, so I have still a big doubt about this.

Let's imagine these runs:

3 2 4 6 5 7 5 3 3 6

So, the first square of the chamber would be a 3, ok.
    The second one would be a 6, right? Even though previous runs were lower, right?
    Also, the third square of the chamber would give us a +6 item, right? Even though we have some bigger and lower runs between the fourth and tenth run.

Am I right? I swear I have been gathering information but, as told, one says one thing and the other one says another thing....

I guess even now, people still don't know how it really works.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1st choice - item level of your best run
    2nd choice - item level of your 4th best run
    3rd choice - item level of your 10th best run.

What is here that you don't undestand?

So in your case it would be: M+7 reward, M+5 reward, M+2 reward. Of course you can do more than 10 dungeons with higher M+ to improve your situation.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-12-10 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    Guys, I swear I have been reading a lot about this. I checked Icy Veins, WoW Chakra, Youtube and also Google'd about it a lot, but everyone says different things. I guess only one has reason, so I have still a big doubt about this.

Let's imagine these runs:

3 2 4 6 5 7 5 3 3 6

So, the first square of the chamber would be a 3, ok.
    The second one would be a 6, right? Even though previous runs were lower, right?
    Also, the third square of the chamber would give us a +6 item, right? Even though we have some bigger and lower runs between the fourth and tenth run.

Am I right? I swear I have been gathering information but, as told, one says one thing and the other one says another thing....

I guess even now, people still don't know how it really works.
    Does not matter the order. And you can do more than 10.

So it would really look like 7 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2

You could then do an 8, and your weekly rewards would shift to 8, 6, 3

Do the same as you have done in your calculations but put the runs in difficult order
    7 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2
    So the items would be from
    7 - 5 - 2

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Does not matter the order. And you can do more than 10.

So it would really look like 7 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2

You could then do an 8, and your weekly rewards would shift to 8, 6, 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMage View Post
    Do the same as you have done in your calculations but put the runs in difficult order
    7 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2
    So the items would be from
    7 - 5 - 2
    Waaaoh, interesting. Understood bros, thanks for that answer. That clarifies my mind!

Am I right? I swear I have been gathering information but, as told, one says one thing and the other one says another thing...
    No, and you likely misread quite a bit. Order your runs by difficulty, then discard all after the 10th(only your ten best runs count). The quality of your options will depend on the first, fourth and 10th entry of that list for the first, second and third option.

It doesn't matter whether the run was done in-time, only what difficulty you completed.

In your example, the list would be ordered as 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, causing the rewards to be based on levels 7, 5 and 2.
    If you now do a +5, the list would change to 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, and you third option would improve to 3.
    If you instead did a +6, the list would change to 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3 and both your second and third option would improve.
    If you instead only did 10 +2 and then did a +10, your first option would then improve to +10, but your other two options would remain as +2 since you need another 3 and 9 runs at higher than +2 to improve them, respectively.

This I understood , but what about the combination of pvp / raiding ? Can you only select ONE box ( in authors case the 3 m+ items box ) or can you select on item per ROW ? So one from m+ , one box of raiding and one box of pvp ?

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    This I understood , but what about the combination of pvp / raiding ? Can you only select ONE box ( in authors case the 3 m+ items box ) or can you select on item per ROW ? So one from m+ , one box of raiding and one box of pvp ?
    1 overall per week. Doesn't matter if u did 1 m+, or 10 m+ 10 raid bosses and full pvp. Youll end up with 1 piece of loot. Only the amount of options changes

You get to select one reward per week total.

1 item. Doing PvP only increases the number of choices. Everyone gets one item, guys who do everything just get more choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

can also pick anima,if all the options are terrible,though i havent seen in the UI where that would happen.
    maybe you talk to an npc or something to skip vault pick for anima?

Quote Originally Posted by zbik View Post
    can also pick anima,if all the options are terrible,though i havent seen in the UI where that would happen.
    maybe you talk to an npc or something to skip vault pick for anima?
    Damn, didn't know that, although Anima is not that worth it, I think.

Isnt it quite easy? you get 1 item with the itemlevel based on which window you reached the highest with. 200, 213, 226 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, and you likely misread quite a bit. Order your runs by difficulty, then discard all after the 10th(only your ten best runs count). The quality of your options will depend on the first, fourth and 10th entry of that list for the first, second and third option.

It doesn't matter whether the run was done in-time, only what difficulty you completed.

In your example, the list would be ordered as 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, causing the rewards to be based on levels 7, 5 and 2.
    If you now do a +5, the list would change to 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, and you third option would improve to 3.
    If you instead did a +6, the list would change to 7, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3 and both your second and third option would improve.
    If you instead only did 10 +2 and then did a +10, your first option would then improve to +10, but your other two options would remain as +2 since you need another 3 and 9 runs at higher than +2 to improve them, respectively.
    Not quite true from what I saw. Timed 6 last night, and the vault showed first option as 6. Ok, all good. Well, we did 7 afterwards which we failed to time, and the first vault option was...drumroll...6, not 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

How is this system better than Justice/Valor Points? In all honesty I don't really see the "improvement"

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Not quite true from what I saw. Timed 6 last night, and the vault showed first option as 6. Ok, all good. Well, we did 7 afterwards which we failed to time, and the first vault option was...drumroll...6, not 7.
    Bug may be? Anyone can explain?

Bug may be? Anyone can explain?
    everytime i've run anything I have to relog to get the Vault to update, so perhaps it was just visual and they needed to relog

it doesnt update instantly, my guess was its using the scoreboard per server,which cycles on some timer
    i did 2/2/3 and failed 4,instantly went to vault and it wasnt showing id done a total of 4 runs yet
    reloged,ate,it updated

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How is this system better than Justice/Valor Points? In all honesty I don't really see the "improvement"
    It's a completely different and unrelated system. Of course you don't.

Compare it to the Legion/BfA weekly chest, not Justice/Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1st choice - item level of your best run
    2nd choice - item level of your 4th best run
    3rd choice - item level of your 10th best run.
    Close - however:

1st choice : gear appropriate to best run
    2nd choice : gear appropriate to lowest run of your top four runs
    3rd choice : gear appropriate to lowest run of your top ten runs.

In general - gear appropriate to lowest of your top N runs (N=1,4,10).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.