Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I want to buy this bad. But I cant my hands on a 3090 or a 3080. . . or even a freakin PS5. . . . . . ill just watch from afar until I can get them next year.

/cry
    You don't really need those graphic cards to run the game. If you're find with playing at a little lower setting you'll do fine. The game looks incredible either way.

Then again, if you're rocking a 10 year old graphics card then you won't be able to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, at the time he preordered the game it was only available for PS4. The discs came in the mail this morning; one data disc and one game disc. He loaded it up on PS5 and it looks & runs slightly better than it does on my PC. I have a PC a few years old now- 1080 GTX.

To be honest, it's worth a wait. The game is decent so far for me, but a few patches would go a long way to smoothing out a lot of the roughness people are reporting. Unless you want to be current with the cultural conversation, it's not a "must buy now" title in my opinion.

If I paid $40 or less for this game I would say it was a 'solid, enjoyable purchase'. You're not missing a whole lot overall though.
    Definitely agree. I'm enjoying my time but would enjoy it more with fewer bugs, some issues ironed out and a new PC that I just can't build because finding a good video card at something close to a decent price is an impossible task these days.

It's probably going on my top 5 GOTY list. But it's certainly not topping it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Came across a cat, it let me pet it, I'm good now.

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-do...-on-1845854410

Apparently you can't change your characters appearance after creating them? That's...kinda lame and doesn't make sense within the context of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Came across a cat, it let me pet it, I'm good now.
    Welp, must-buy for me now. At some point. Eventually. But gotta pet the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    No offense I think that sounds like a YOU problem. In no way should that part of a woman's body should be objectified or make them feel discriminated against. It's like if my finger was considered sexual. Are you entitled to cut it off? No that doesn't make sense and shouldn't be allowed.
    Yeah it's a me problem. I don't like it when the media I consume has blatant sexual imagery so I avoid it. I think that blatant sexualization, among other forms of pandering, devalues the underlying artistic work. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Criticizing a game for blatant sexualization is entirely valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's a trigger warning out for epileptics, some of it is what you'd expect from a flashy, neon-soaked, cyber-related game but there's also a part that seems to be modelled after real-life seizure-inducing technology.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12...-epileptic-psa
    What the fuck? Why would they put something like that in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    What the fuck? Why would they do this?
    Oversight. This is a real bad one, but shit happens. At least they got the warning patched in by launch day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I want to buy this bad. But I cant my hands on a 3090 or a 3080. . . or even a freakin PS5. . . . . . ill just watch from afar until I can get them next year.
    It doesn't require them I have a 1080 from evga so it is factory over cloaked. Ge-force Experience say it is optimized and most of the settings are set to high with some on ultra or some off or set lower. Of course the game looks really good with the settings of the latest graphics cards but it still is pretty good with out. But I'm also on a 2012 monitor that is hardly anything good.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Yeah it's a me problem. I don't like it when the media I consume has blatant sexual imagery so I avoid it. I think that blatant sexualization, among other forms of pandering, devalues the underlying artistic work. I'm entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. Criticizing a game for blatant sexualization is entirely valid.
    That's certainly a position, but just like you can criticize the game for doing it, others can criticize you for your criticism

Personally, I think it's important that sexual objectification is present in a game like this and that rather than devaluing its art, it underlines the fantasy - this is, after all, cyberpunk. If we can't have blatant commodification of sex in a genre defined by the dystopian future vision of unchecked capitalism, I don't know where we would.

I'm also against racism, but if there was a game about the US South in the 1950s I couldn't well complain that it has racism in it. And if it removed all racism or simply ignored it, that would be a problem.

Been having a blast so far, think it will suprass GTA in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by LoreFreak View Post
    Since its a game wth very high CPU core/thread scaling and really good GPU scaling (no 1080p bottleneck with 10900k + high end ampere) it will be the new DOOM benchmark, so its here to stay.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by LoreFreak View Post
    Not a chance in hell of that happening.

GTA has sold really well due to the many platforms its on and its multiplayer. CP2077 so far imo has been a good game, but it doesn't have that kind of pull.

Ontopic: Game looks and runs great on PS5 but I have had it crash 3 times now and two times it soft locked on me and I had to reload my checkpoint or die.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's certainly a position, but just like you can criticize the game for doing it, others can criticize you for your criticism

Personally, I think it's important that sexual objectification is present in a game like this and that rather than devaluing its art, it underlines the fantasy - this is, after all, cyberpunk. If we can't have blatant commodification of sex in a genre defined by the dystopian future vision of unchecked capitalism, I don't know where we would.

I'm also against racism, but if there was a game about the US South in the 1950s I couldn't well complain that it has racism in it. And if it removed all racism or simply ignored it, that would be a problem.
    The difference is that racism can be done artistically. Attack on Titan is a story about racism and it's masterfully done. Sexual objectification, on the other hand, directly targets the animal part of your brain and floods you with chemicals you don't need. I don't like any sort of media that has sex, bright flashing pop ups or any other psychological tricks. And I think that people should be aware of the effect that the consumption of different types of media has on their brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oversight. This is a real bad one, but shit happens. At least they got the warning patched in by launch day.
    The warning patch is not on PS4/PS5, I downloaded the game today fully and there is no seizure warning. This honestly has a really good chance to lead to a lawsuit that IMO is deserved. Something like this should not have been a oversight even more so for a game that has been in development for 7 years.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The warning patch is not on PS4/PS5, I downloaded the game today fully and there is no seizure warning. This honestly has a really good chance to lead to a lawsuit that IMO is deserved. Something like this should not have been a oversight even more so for a game that has been in development for 7 years.
    They do have one in the EULA apparently so legally there is likely little to go on even if most don't read it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not a chance in hell of that happening.

GTA has sold really well due to the many platforms its on and its multiplayer. CP2077 so far imo has been a good game, but it doesn't have that kind of pull.

Ontopic: Game looks and runs great on PS5 but I have had it crash 3 times now and two times it soft locked on me and I had to reload my checkpoint or die.
    Doesn't seem like it is working well on a lot of rigs. GTA V worked great on what it was made for and people have.

A lot of people still have PS4, Xbox Ones and 1070s. It doesn't seem like the game is running to hot on anything that hasn't come out in the last few months. Kind of doesn't make sense when the game was in development on that tech for years.

Its better to wait until they can actually optimize the game or you can get your hands on the hardware needed to run it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It runs better on my laptop because its card supports DLSS. I found that kind of funny. Switching to my laptop, big screen TV and controller has really increased my enjoyability so far. I will always prefer mouse and keyboard for shooting mechanics but the rest of the game (especially driving) is way better with a controller. I'm also playing a stealth build so aiming is less important to me.

Still a little disappointed overall, but not to a huge degree. It's just an 8.5 instead of a 9-9.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I don't like any sort of media that has sex
    Yikes dude. Maybe you should just be less of a prude? Sex is a natural thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    After putting in some more hours...this game runs like garbage on PS4. I figured it would just have some downscaled graphics and less ground clutter, but it just flat out doesn't want to work. I've crashed multiple times, textures take forever to load, I get an odd bug where I can't move the dialog choice up or down, and even after everything loads it still looks like shit. Like the graphics were done in MS paint with the spray-can tool.

But that only applies to technical issues in the open world for a console that it honestly shouldn't have released for. Inside actual 'dungeons' it runs fine. Very few issues except for one time my gun wouldn't work until I upgraded it. The actual gameplay is great, the world is top-notch and the story is gripping. I'm glad I actually decided to play through Witcher 3 first because the menus and quest log feel very similar. I would be having so much fun if my console didn't crash constantly or need to be restarted by myself to fix that damned dialog bug. I can't wait until I can get my hands on a PS5 and play it for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I was hearing that the previous gen(PS4 Xbox One) are having horrible issues or something to that but on PC it seems to run pretty smoothly. No crashes either*
    PC is looking like a lottery at the moment, some configurations work others are completely borked.