Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    For Mace to have laid low for all that time would be crazy.
    One possibility that I'm sure has been brought up before would be that Mace is a broken man - a Jedi who despite his virtuous intentions utterly failed to stop the rise of a new Sith emperor right under his nose, losing one of the most promising new Jedi to him in the process. Someone like Mace Windu, who from what I understand had already been hard on the edge of aggressive for a light-side user, could well be driven into full-on despair by this and react in a way similar to Yoda: retreat into exile, meditating on his failure as a Jedi and leader.

Of course there'd be other ways of bringing him back. Slept 30 years in a kolto tank, whatever. It's not impossible, but also not improbable within the established margins of the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace Windu coming back would just be ridiculous, not that SW isn't 60% ridiculousness. It would be out of character for a Jedi Master, his own personality, and from a meta/doylist perspective. They haven't really pushed the story in that direction for good characters. Bad characters cling to lie because they can't let go, often coming back in some broken form. Jedi give themselves to the Force.

For Mace to have laid low for all that time would be crazy. He was basically the Paladin of the Jedi Council. He didn't hesitate to judge his own Jedi according to his principles, which he held very high. He might have laid low initially but not for long as Vader was going around cutting up people left and right. Not as he knew the truth about everything. Not when he had justice to be giving out. Yoda could lay low because Yoda say the Order's failures and knew his role in the contingency plan. Obi-wan was locked into his mission. Mace's mission in his mind was to serve justice no matter how much he had to go against the grain. Mace would have gone out like Kirak Infil'a.

Nah. Mace isn't coming back alive in the present time of Mando. Doesn't mean that can't find ways to get the character on screen again.
    THANK YOU. My thoughts exactly. Even if Windu surviving was a physical possibility, it wouldn't be in character for him to have stayed silent for so long. At least, not without some big retroactive retconning or giving him amnesia. If he did come back, I would like a plot involving him being an unstable Inquisitor. Captured by Sidious, he used Windu's failure to capture him to shame and psychologically torture him and turn him to the Dark Side. Windu never fully succumbed, keeping his honor despite it all, so he was kept locked up, for fear his good side would return.

5+ Year Old Account
    As I wrote earlier, Mace was arrogant, a negative jedi trait, his humiliation and ego would prevent him from wanting to return. He is like a Ronin, ex-Samuraii, appearing again would just be more humiliating for him. And WHY would he want to come back n work with the son of the man who cut his arm off for trying to stop Palpatine/Empire? Why would he want to help restore Jedi order with the son of Darth Vader? Mace was the face of the old arrogant Jedi order, that was blind, what is he supposed to recreate n why in his present state would he want to??

I dont see Windu being brought back , at least not in Mandalorian. Odds are it will be Ezra Bridger .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I dont see Windu being brought back , at least not in Mandalorian. Odds are it will be Ezra Bridger .
    Odds are you're right, but hey, one can dream....

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, rewatching all the Thrawn moments from rebels on some youtube vid, he was fighting some droids, they look very much like the death troopers..are the deathtroopers a Thrawn clue, is he pulling Gideon's strings, or is the moff acting on his own?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/DT-series_sentry_droid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hmmm, rewatching all the Thrawn moments from rebels on some youtube vid, he was fighting some droids, they look very much like the death troopers..are the deathtroopers a Thrawn clue, is he pulling Gideon's strings, or is the moff acting on his own?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/DT-series_sentry_droid
    Dark Troopers have only appeared in two canon sources. The mobile game and Mandalorian. Prior to that they were legends only. Death Troopers are a completly different thing and have appeared in a bunch of Disney era stuff most notably Rogue One. The DT Sentry driods seen in Rebels were inspired from the Legends version of Dark Troopers and were involved with the appearances of Thrawn. But they were never exclusive to Thrawn just standard Imperial security.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    As I wrote earlier, Mace was arrogant, a negative jedi trait, his humiliation and ego would prevent him from wanting to return. He is like a Ronin, ex-Samuraii, appearing again would just be more humiliating for him. And WHY would he want to come back n work with the son of the man who cut his arm off for trying to stop Palpatine/Empire? Why would he want to help restore Jedi order with the son of Darth Vader? Mace was the face of the old arrogant Jedi order, that was blind, what is he supposed to recreate n why in his present state would he want to??
    But Mace and Ahsoka teaming up would make sense since they both have no interest in the Jedi.

The two of them could be a great team for training new force sensitive users.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    But Mace and Ahsoka teaming up would make sense since they both have no interest in the Jedi.

But that is why they wouldn't want to..

Thought some of you Ahsoka fans might appreciate this: https://youtu.be/OLzOr9fpt78

As for the most recent episode: what an episode! LOVED Temura Morrion's performance, felt not just like the OT Boba but also TCW one, you could see the sadness in his eyes when speaking of Jango.

I am just a simple man making his way through the galaxy! Like my father before me.
    Last edited by LoreFreak; 2020-12-10 at 11:02 PM.

They should tone down the fan service a bit. Also the last episode seemed weaker. It was like a series of unfortunate oopsies to bring the plot where it needs to be when it could have been achieved in a simpler, more elegant way. For someone who disliked Rogue One and the sequel trilogy it's still overall the best Star Wars content in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Since when did Mace have no interest in the Jedi?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Since when did Mace have no interest in the Jedi?
    headcanon I guess.

Whole bunch of spinoffs officially announced!

Looks like Ahsoka is getting her own shown, and possibly Cara Dune if that is who the Rangers focuses on.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/...orian-spinoffs

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Whole bunch of spinoffs officially announced!

Looks like Ahsoka is getting her own shown, and possibly Cara Dune if that is who the Rangers focuses on.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/...orian-spinoffs
    Disney is at least looking like it has more of a plan for Star Wars going forward than it did for the sequels and Solo.

And I wouldn't call Ahsoka really a spin off of the Mandalorian personally.

Rangers if not a Cara Dune series, will likely have her in it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that they seem to have a plan of interlocked shows and projects now, but I'm a bit worried that they're going a bit overboard in announcing too much all at once. With this many shows in the works, you've got a much higher risk of something flopping. That was the case when Marvel started spewing stuff out on Netflix.

That said, if Filoni and Favreau are in charge of everything, I have more faith in it working out.

They also announced that Hayden Christensen will be returning as Vader in the Kenobi series, which is cool. I always felt like he got a bad rap due to the direction and writing of the prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Disney is at least looking like it has more of a plan for Star Wars going forward than it did for the sequels and Solo.

And I wouldn't call Ahsoka really a spin off of the Mandalorian personally.

Rangers if not a Cara Dune series, will likely have her in it.
    A spinoff in the sense of it coming from the success of the Mandalorian I guess.

Rogue Squadron film now announced as well.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/...s-wonder-woman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm glad that they seem to have a plan of interlocked shows and projects now, but I'm a bit worried that they're going a bit overboard in announcing too much all at once. With this many shows in the works, you've got a much higher risk of something flopping. That was the case when Marvel started spewing stuff out on Netflix.

That said, if Filoni and Favreau are in charge of everything, I have more faith in it working out.

They also announced that Hayden Christensen will be returning as Vader in the Kenobi series, which is cool. I always felt like he got a bad rap due to the direction and writing of the prequels.
    The Marvel shows did well except Iron Fist. The three 'main' ones brought different people to Marvel and the other shows since they were all connected. Punisher short of got the short end of the stick because it was closer towards Disney exiting Netflix. The formula worked though.

People wanted the franchise to be handled more like Marvel. And why lot (apart from being overwhelmed with content) since Disney has already established everything since their acquisition is canon and treats it as such. Go ahead create smaller projects that add to an overarching narrative.

They experimented with the ST, the old 'make it up as you go' formula doesn't work. Clone Wars, Rebels, Mando, even the books/comics work because they have to plug into the rest of the universe. They all have planned goals to keep them grounded.

Series are a better medium imo. You can tell longer stories using themes that don't quite translate to a movie. The shows may come sooner than people think if they use the same tech they do for Mando.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Series are a better medium imo. You can tell longer stories using themes that don't quite translate to a movie. The shows may come sooner than people think if they use the same tech they do for Mando.
    That I agree with. I just don't want them to hastily rush a bunch of stuff into production just because The Mandalorian was a success.

They have eight new shows (Bad Batch, Andor, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Ranger, Lando, Acolyte, Visions) and a movie (Rogue Squadron) in production now.

Granted, some of that stuff is still years away, but I guess Mando just hasn't completely erased my trepidation about the direction of the series.

I'm also a bit worried because, unlike the MCU where everything actually does interconnect, we've got projects taking place at various points in the timeline, and precious little on their big High Republic franchise push, which so far is mostly limited to Scholastic books, some comics, and that far off Acolyte show.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-12-11 at 04:13 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why did Din announce to Gideon that he's coming? What a dumbass move...