Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am missing a proper spellbreaker style, or some cleric/ crusader thing , basicly a paladin with a 1h/ shield dmg spec.
    or an actual inquisitor priest holy dmg spec, maybe even a couple melee type spells. basicly a proper scarlet crusade type of thing, to burn all the heretics. it would be holy and fire spells . or just spray holy water everwhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    A spec that uses a shield and a spear would also be kinda nice, such an iconic weapon style throughout human history completely ignored by WoW ouside of choice NPCs.
    Yea, id fucking love that, you could for a bit get the look with old defensive stance and its crappy low res shield.

A spear and shield typed class would be ausome, maybe give it a ranged spec built on javlins. Could also fill the missing mail wearing slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Was pushing all my alts through to Oribos and got to thinking about what I wish there was a spec for. This isn't an "add a new class" thread so much as a... if you could cherry pick what you'd want to play - the playstyle, the aesthetic - what would it be?

For me, I think I'd like a melee spec with a DH or Monk like tool kit and playstyle - high mobility, very fast-paced - light armor (leather/mail), but combines that with the Fury war or Frost DK ability to DW or 2H (uses the weapon unlike monk), and the aesthetic/theme of something like an shaman or balance druid - wind, lightning, etc.

This started because I was doing the monk's Maw run in windwalker and thought how could it would be if "storm, earth, and fire" were more literal.

Anyone else ever imagined an "ideal" spec that doesn't exist or even have a class that matches it?
    Sounds a lot like enh shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter spec or talent that lets you dual wield ranged weapons. Crossbows and Guns make obvious sense, but bows less so. But it's a fantasy game, I'm sure they can make a work-around lore reason.

Lemme RP as a gunslinger!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Ranged spec for DK. There was a point in time I thought Unholy was almost set up for it, but not quite. Something like a necromancer would be cool too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Two-handed Rogue. Whip out the Katana, cut someone in half. Move with the wind. Strike with lightning.
    That's a Blademaster.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    My dream spec is already in and that's enhancement shammy, but what I always thought that was missing was axe thrower/troll berserker like spec. Basically a spec for hunter or warrior that focuses on thrown weapons.
    That's what Survival should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    A Bwonsamdi-themed Priest
    Basically, a Witch Doctor/Shadow Hunter.

A warlock tank spec that plays like a proper spellcaster, like the old Dark Apotheosis glyph fleshed out as a proper class. There's really nothing stopping them from doing this in an era where dodge and parry are based on offensive stat ratings and defense doesn't exist.

There's always kind of been this missing element in the class that feels like a missed opportunity. A lot of their existing abilities would even fit perfectly in a tank setup, and possibly having a dot-based mage tank would be the most unique thing in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    4th Shaman spec: Earth Warden (tank)

Abilities:
    Shield of the Maelstrom: (passive) Blocked attacks reduce the cast time of spells by 20% per stack
    Rockbiter Shield: Imbues shield with Earthen power, increasing armor, and increasing chance to block
    Earth Shield: Same as standard Earth shield, just with more charges, and increases armor.
    Tremor: Stomp the ground causing the ground to shake, damaging and slowing enemies within 8 yards

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Basically, a Witch Doctor/Shadow Hunter.
    Not really. I was thinking it'd be like a DK that just uses magic but with no pet
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Void Knight shadow paladin spec.

A 1 sec GCD instant cast ranged spec.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Ranged subtlety Rogue. (with a bow of course).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Honestly I would love something similar to red mage from a certain other mmo. A class that has to utilize both melee and ranged could be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    A 1 sec GCD instant cast ranged spec.
    *WITH NO PET (Because we already have Beast Mastery Hunter)

Also, I would like to see a Battlemage / Warmage: 2H Rune sword, rune system similar to DKs but different, Blink Strike!

Some sort of blood magic-based healer, particularly one that drains/leaches health from enemies and then funnels it back to raid members, but it would be another dps/healer hybrid class that heals based off of damage (though in a different way), so it might clash mechanically too much with Discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    *WITH NO PET (Because we already have Beast Mastery Hunter)

Also, I would like to see a Battlemage / Warmage: 2H Rune sword, rune system similar to DKs but different, Blink Strike!
    Hunter would actually be a perfect class to me if they had kept the 1 sec gcd.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Two-handed Rogue. Whip out the Katana, cut someone in half. Move with the wind. Strike with lightning.
    They talked about a Windwalker hero class back in the day. Similar to Yunero from Warcraft 3, its been my dream class/spec ever sicne. And no, monks are not real windwalkers.

I want leather, 2 handers, stealth, illusions, etc. That would be amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    WotlK ele with all the glyphs baked in, non nerfed healing, etc. It was perfect.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dual wield shields, idc how impractical or silly it would be

I remember a while back I saw a threat about a chromatic dragon-based class that was super cool. It was 2 healing specs and a ranged spec based around 3 of the dragonflights: Red Dragon Spec that was based on strong targeted healing, a Bronze Dragon Spec that was based on rewinding time to heal wounds, and I think the 3rd was Blue Dragons for a powerful torrents of spells. It was a really neat concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.