Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's kind of artistic integrity? A character not fucking everything that isn't up the trees by the count of 3 is like an actual character with likes and dislikes.
    Having every character be bi just for the sake of the players power fantasy also would make their writing a joke. There should be a nice mix of straight, bi and gay romances in the game if everyone was bi that would just be shitty writing pandering to the players power fantasy. That's JRPG harem type shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    In short it can scale a 4K image down to 1080p (for example) with a huge performance gain but also clean up the image so it doesn't look blurry. So the game can still look good even tho its being downscaled.

That's the long short of it.
    So it's basically a huge win situation?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Having every character be bi just for the sake of the players power fantasy also would make their writing a joke. There should be a nice mix of straight, bi and gay romances in the game if everyone was bi that would just be shitty writing pandering to the players power fantasy. That's JRPG harem type shit.
    It's a game my dude, I wanna have fun in it, part of that fun is romancing characters I like... Maybe if I had other choices I wouldn't care as much but the only other choice I have I don't like...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    It's a game my dude, I wanna have fun in it, part of that fun is romancing characters I like... Maybe if I had other choices I wouldn't care as much but the only other choice I have I don't like...
    You can have fun in a game without literally everything in the game catering to your power fantasy. If every character in your game world is bi, then your game world is a poorly written mess. Not every character in the game needs to fall over at the site of you and want to have sex with you, that is actually one of the current biggest problems in video game writing and something it appears CP gets right.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please tell me if my old ass MSI laptop can run this game?

It is 4 year old,
    GTX 960
    8 GB Ram
    Enough HDD!
    Intel Core i5 (can't remember the HZ! I'm at work now) :P

Thanks guys

The game was supposed to release months and months before next gen systems. They had no choice but to target last gen. CDPR is just shit at optimizing their game dude. If you want the truth this game running on PS5 looks worse then TLOU2, GoT and RDR2 do running on the PS4 Pro. There is literally nothing that special about the graphic fidelity in this game and that's part of the reason the PS5 brute forces it to 60 fps with ease and no extra dev work required at all. Remember the bog in Witcher 3? Yea, CDPR is not exactly known for smooth performance and I hate to see what this game would perform at on PS5, XSX and PC if they where only targeting those instead of last gen. It would probably be a shit show. Those 3 platforms can run it well by brute forcing what is at it's core a terribly optimized last gen game, not because of CDPRs great optimization.
    So you think the game would perform and look worse if they skipped trying to include the older consoles and only focused on XSX, PS5, and PC? That makes zero sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have fun in a game without literally everything in the game catering to your power fantasy. If every character in your game world is bi, then your game world is a poorly written mess.
    I don't see an issue at all, or how it would be badly written. If you play a male they are attracted to YOU, if you play a female, well they are still attracted to YOU, they always have the preference you have, I don't see where the problem is with that, they literally wouldn't need to change anything writing wise from the current implementation, just change the coding to allow you to romance the character regardless of your gender.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Can someone please tell me if my old ass MSI laptop can run this game?

It is 4 year old,
    GTX 960
    8 GB Ram
    Enough HDD!
    Intel Core i5 (can't remember the HZ! I'm at work now) :P

Thanks guys
    You can probably run it on very low settings. You won't get good fps though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    You can probably run it on very low settings.
    but would it even be worth playing that way? I know for me it wouldn't be :-/

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    So you think the game would perform and look worse if they skipped trying to include the older consoles and only focused on XSX, PS5, and PC? That makes zero sense...
    Look worse? No, perform worse? Yes. Not sure where you even got the "look worse" part from. If they did that it would probably be a sub 30 fps shit show on next gen systems and unoptimized trash on PC. They aren't good at optimizing their games which is why their target platforms always have shit performance. Happened with Witcher 3 and happened with Cyberpunk.

It would certainly "look" way better but I would rather the framerate not be garbage then look better because clearly CDPR can't handle doing both.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see an issue at all, or how it would be badly written. If you play a male they are attracted to YOU, if you play a female, well they are still attracted to YOU, they always have the preference you have, I don't see where the problem is with that, they literally wouldn't need to change anything writing wise from the current implementation, just change the coding to allow you to romance the character regardless of your gender.
    Ah yes the character magically changes based on your character just for the sake of living out your power fantasy where everyone in the world is attracted to you. That is great character writing my dude.

but would it even be worth playing that way? I know for me it wouldn't be :-/
    From what I've seen from people testing different graphics settings low does still look alright. It won't be as good as medium, high or ultra of course of course but I suppose it all depends on what the player behind the screen deems fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Look worse? No, perform worse? Yes. Not sure where you even got the "look worse" part from. If they did that it would probably be a sub 30 fps shit show on next gen systems and unoptimized trash on PC. They aren't good at optimizing their games which is why their target platforms always have shit performance. Happened with Witcher 3 and happened with Cyberpunk.
    I think you need to let go of your rage because what you are saying doesn't really make sense. It can't perform worse then a brute forced version for the current gen consoles. Because we know that is the bare bones of what they have for them. The game also isn't sub 30 fps on the PC currently. It has high demands but even a gtx 1080 (evga factory overclocked) can run it on mostly high settings with a around 44-55 fps driving around the city waving my camera back and forth. I turned it on to do a quick test so not sure of other environments.

Again. Your hate doesn't really make sense because they wouldn't do worse then they have already done just because they no longer developed for Xbox 1 and PS4. We would have what we already have at the very least.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    You can probably run it on very low settings. You won't get good fps though.
    Thanks mate.

10+ Year Old Account

It would certainly "look" way better but I would rather the framerate not be garbage then look better because clearly CDPR can't handle doing both.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes the character magically changes based on your character just for the sake of living out your power fantasy where everyone in the world is attracted to you. That is great character writing my dude.
    I know it is, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be great character writing. It literally does not affect anything other than my enjoyment of the game, there are no other people in the game with me that would suffer consequences from me romancing that character. And I don't see what's power fantasy about it, I didn't ask to romance everyone without any consequence, to form my own harem or anything. I just want to be able to pick 1 character that I like and romance that character. Currently I cannot do that because I only have 1 character I CAN romance and that character is meh at best.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I think you need to let go of your rage because what you are saying doesn't really make sense. It can't perform worse then a brute forced version for the current gen consoles. Because we know that is the bare bones of what they have for them. The game also isn't sub 30 fps on the PC currently. It has high demands but even a gtx 1080 (evga factory overclocked) can run it on mostly high settings with a around 44-55 fps driving around the city waving my camera back and forth. I turned it on to do a quick test so not sure of other environments.

Again. Your hate doesn't really make sense because they wouldn't do worse then they have already done just because they no longer developed for Xbox 1 and PS4. We would have what we already have at the very least.
    You literally have no understanding of what I'm talking about and shouldn't have replied to me. I couldn't care enough to "hate" anything. What I said is the actual reality, this game looks like a last gen game(even complete with last gen features like elevator masked loading and corridor spam due to last gen limits) and performs like shit on last gen. It's performance is solid on PC and next gen due to brute forcing a game clearly designed for last gen. If it was designed with current gen only in mind it would look way better yes, and it would probably have the performance of last gen versions because CDPR is ass at optimization for their target hardware which in this case was last gen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-11 at 06:50 AM.

You literally have no understanding of what I'm talking about and shouldn't have replied to me. I couldn't care enough to "hate" anything. What I said is the actual reality, this game looks like a last gen game(even complete with last gen features like elevator masked loading and corridor spam due to last gen limits) and performs like shit on last gen. It's performance is solid on PC and next gen due to brute forcing a game clearly designed for last gen. If it was designed with current gen only in mind it would look way better yes, and it would probably have the performance of last gen versions because CDPR is ass at optimization for their target hardware which in this case was last gen.
    That is something I noticed. Almost half of this games feels like being in the back seat of a car, or waiting to get into another night bar.

Kind of like how FF7 remake always had these weird segments at the start of a level where you walk through corridors or squeeze through a gap to give the game time to load while trying to appear seamless.

And compare it to footage of ratchet and clank changing worlds instantly its quite clear its a previous gen game
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was designed with current gen only in mind it would look way better yes, and it would probably have the performance of last gen versions because CDPR is ass at optimization for their target hardware which in this case was last gen.
    So developing only for 3 platforms would mean that the PC version would be what current last gen is? That doesn't make any sense at all because the PC version would be what it is now and how it performs now at the very least. Not everything is brute forced. The entire reason why there is not a real next gen version is because they only brute forced the last gen version. That doesn't include the PC.

There is nothing wrong with elevator masked loading during an actual "dungeon level". They use them where it fits but there is plenty of the open world that isn't masked by elevators. Perhaps trying the game before going on an actual crusade of hate. The performance is solid on the PC because it was designed for a wide range of hardware. The lowest GPU required is a gtx 780. With the max a RTX 3080. You are the only one here who doesn't understand what you are talking about and shouldn't be posting. Hate for the sake of hate has no place anywhere.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Was so very tempted to pre-order, or order it day 1. Glad I held off. Look forward to checking it out in 6 months.

Speaking of optimization the sense im getting with the base ps4 playstation and the xbox 360 it basically plays like the Witcher 3 does on the Switch.

720p, sub 30 FPS. Blurry janky mess.

*Insert obi wan you were the chosen one meme*
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Speaking of optimization the sense im getting with the base ps4 playstation and the xbox 360 it basically plays like the Witcher 3 does on the Switch.

720p, sub 30 FPS. Blurry janky mess.

*Insert obi wan you were the chosen one meme*
    I mean, why would you ever expect a game made for 2021 hardware to look good on 2013 hardware? Console people really confuse me sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.