Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just wish it had some actual rewards to it. Yeah it has soul ash, but I have my legendary now and it's my BiS and I don't raid anyway. I don't even feel the need to upgrade it.

Random mount drops would be nice and on top of that the ability to level the characters through Torghast would probably make me run this a lot.

As it stands right now I have no reason and no desire to go back in there. Which is a shame cause beyond your weekly renown there isn't anything to do.

Another failed feature like Warfronts. At least island expeditions could give you mounts and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Odrareg View Post
    Imagine if there was a title for doing it within a timer, or a mount reward, herbs/pots/flasks, some gold, anima, one piece of gear guaranteed like from visions, a transmog set
    Twisting Corridors has some cosmetic rewards once unlocked, including a title and mount that is apparently rideable in the Maw.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Because they did it in groups, or played tank type classes.

Torghast for me :
    Floors 1-5 : trivial boring content
    Floor 6 : an unkillable boss.

Result - an hour of play for no reward, unless I limit myself to level 2 difficulty.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Especially that last weeks rope platforming shit on first floor and you get like "kill maw rats for 1% health up"...
    Beats the anima power that required platforming (made all the more fun with permanent 40% movement increase making the jumps less intuitive) turning out to be a mimic. Yes, Torghast has mimics for some reason. They aren't even hard. They just waste your time and disappoint you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Torghast needs more than just soul ash and a few leg recipes I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, they should make it drop some gear, I don't care what ilvl but getting soul ash once per week and then nothing is what makes it boring...

Now they just need to add gear from it. I would gear up in torghast on alts any day of the week over faceroll snoozefest dungeons. even mythic 0's

And while at it. Make it a leveling dungeon! go in there at 50, heck, even 10 and use it to level up!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is easily more enjoyable than any of the SL dungeons for me.

I'd like to see it added to the Great Vault for the weekly reward options, even if the ilvl is capped at normal or heroic raid ilvl. Maybe stick some LFR ilvl gear for Torghast itself (after LFR opens up), so people can gear up solo.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-11 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:
    - Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.
    After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff?

Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    Just don't trust streamers. WOD was called "the best xpack ever made" just before it's release. It was so big nonsense, that I thought, that all Wow players went crazy or that playerbase changed so much, that this game was really no longer for me, and decided to quit it and Wow forums forever. But at the end I was right.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying it so far. I like getting super powerful and going bonkers with powers. I was also surprised to find a follower in there, I hope they are gonna give additional varied and different rewards that stick with you even outside of the place. The only complaints I have right now are that you don't get a whole lot of anything (just Soul Ash, which is useful so it's okay for now) and that getting unlucky means having terrible powers and possibly failing, which can be a chore on higher difficulties. The latter hasn't happened to me yet, but I'd hate if it did.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every floor feels the same to me.. some mobs shuffled and the whole experience felt better in beta.

Playing it now live make me want to rush and do other stuff that feel more fun to me. Not good.

Anima power are also pretty much the same all the time, sure Sometimes you get something neat or purple, but moet of the time the green ones are just better to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Just don't trust streamers. WOD was called "the best xpack ever made" just before it's release. It was so big nonsense, that I thought, that all Wow players went crazy or that playerbase changed so much, that this game was really no longer for me, and decided to quit it and Wow forums forever. But at the end I was right.
    Yeah, fuck people with their own opinions! You should only ever think exactly what every other player tells you to think!!!

Because Blizzard changed it a dozen times over and the whacky fun version doesn't exist anymore. It's still okay enough though, with the exception of torments still being absolute shit. Not being able to to quickly get the door makes this something you can only do when you have time to fully focus on it, which in turn makes it a pain in the ass to just do a "quick" run during the day.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

My weak ass pally tank is loving it, ready for next week maybe be 8

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I'd like an endless version

As it stands I really like it, but could be better
    Yeah this is probably the general opinion on Torghast. Good in concept, needs an endless version for true challenge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Now they just need to add gear from it. I would gear up in torghast on alts any day of the week over faceroll snoozefest dungeons. even mythic 0's

And while at it. Make it a leveling dungeon! go in there at 50, heck, even 10 and use it to level up!
    I was really disapointed to find out you can't level in it. I thought I read that this was part of the threads of fate.. sadly that was just a beta quirk in the end. :/
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Honestly, i wish it was just one weekly run and that there werent locks on the levels.
    Basically i want to do one for the week, but, for example the max is level 3. I have to do level 1 and level 2 to unlock level 3. That gets old really fast, especially with alts.

I think it's ok, i don't dislike it, but it takes too long for the rewards it's giving.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-12-12 at 04:53 PM.

It's almost like people enjoy different things and using all in this statement is complete hyperbole.

Because they and their sheeps LOVE LOVE LOVE repetitive content. Mindless grinding for days... better than *** for them. And I am not saying I don't like it, but it is not even close as fun as they wanted us to believe.

It's the bane of trying to please WoW players. If you release it all at once, everyone plays it until their eyes bleed and say "I've done this, now where's my new content?!". If you time gate it everyone plays what you have and say "I've done this, now where's my new content?". The second option at least lets you have something new each week, which no matter how much you dislike it most likely will make you play the game longer. This is not a sinister choice at all, it's just the right choice from a design point of view.

If you disagree with this you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you're quite frankly wrong.
    At the time of writing this, only 23.68% of the poll voters have a negative opinion about Torghast. More voters have a positive opinion than a neutral opinion. I think it'll end up being more fun the higher we go, but I wish my main's priest powers would even come close to how fun and how strong my alt's shaman powers are. Kudos to the Torghast shaman designers, get back to work Torghast priest designers!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2020-12-11 at 07:37 AM.