Are you enjoying Shadowlands pvp season 1 so far?

I began doing pvp yesterday with the start of the new season. I quickly learned how extremely bursty everyone is. Someone can die in just 2-3 seconds. I don't like that. What do the rest of you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are a few things going on here.

1. the difference in ILVL between hardcore players and normal players is more substantial right now that they will be in a few weeks (the difference in stats between 150 and 180 ilvl is greater than 180 and 210).

2. they moved a bit of the PVP power into Versatility and the trinket set. without this you are taking 2-5% more damage from everything. and dealing 4-10% less damage in PVP.

3. Some specs are currently overtuned for pvp. some already are being mini nerfs as they are far out performing (Marks hunter/Sub rogue). these nerfs wont be the only nerfs to come, but are a start.

4. some some specs are undertuned in pvp/pve and will likely be getting balance updates in the coming weeks.

To be fair faster pacing is a good thing FOR ME.

It's been 4 3 days, so probably whatever your issues are, they'll be addressed sooner than later.

Continues to be as shit as bfa's last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing ele shaman in RBGs and having lots of fun. Just having a hard time finding 1500+ CR groups.

only did normal BG so far, but atm I wish I pushed my friend a bit more to switch to horde instead of me being the one that switched to alliance when we started playing again a few months ago. Alliance seems to suck at normal BGs now more than ever, last few evenings I've only won 3 of all the BGs I did.
    besides that I love playing resto druid in PVP.

A life without the need of dampening is a life worth living

Quote Originally Posted by Grapple View Post
    2. they moved a bit of the PVP power into Versatility and the trinket set. without this you are taking 2-5% more damage from everything. and dealing 4-10% less damage in PVP.
    a bit? "The damage and healing benefit of Versatility is increased by 40% when in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and War Mode."
    I still think that some PvE trinkets will find their way into PvP but right now this bonus is very assuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    a bit? "The damage and healing benefit of Versatility is increased by 40% when in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and War Mode."
    I still think that some PvE trinkets will find their way into PvP but right now this bonus is very assuring.
    I mean 40% isn't that much when you only have like 18% vers. That's what? Like 8% increase damage and healing, and no defensive benefit. Once we get to like 30% vers it'll be more impactful though, until then I think PvE trinkets will still be used fairly regularly.

As for the OP's question, PvP is pretty trash right now. A few classes are just too overtuned, no class should be able to crit for 15k when we have 25k health. Rogues, Rets, MM Hunters, Boomkins and Warriors need to be toned down 5-15% and I think we'd be fine overall. But it's WoW, melee are always hilariously overpowered in the beginning of every expansion, so no big surprise there I suppose. 10 minute dampening games are miserable, but dying in under 3 seconds is significantly worse imo, if I wanted a game like that I'd go play CSGO.

As a healer/tank, i really dislike it. Not playing PvP any time soon.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    As a healer/tank, i really dislike it. Not playing PvP any time soon.
    Why?

Because you're no longer immortal with +5 people battering you

So far I enjoy it a lot. People still need to gear up and the burst will go down as people get more gear (and more versatility) but it's great. I enjoy the fast pace. It rewards fast thinking, adapting and knowing what to do because one mistake can (finally) cost you a game. I was rather tired of unkillable god healers and pveers doing their raid rotation until they win.

And it's not the same as last season of BfA. Right now the burst is high but it managable. Yes, you have to act fast and react but if you properly manage cooldowns, cc, peel etc. it's all doable.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    So far I enjoy it a lot. People still need to gear up and the burst will go down as people get more gear (and more versatility) but it's great. I enjoy the fast pace. It rewards fast thinking, adapting and knowing what to do because one mistake can (finally) cost you a game. I was rather tired of unkillable god healers and pveers doing their raid rotation until they win.

And it's not the same as last season of BfA. Right now the burst is high but it managable. Yes, you have to act fast and react but if you properly manage cooldowns, cc, peel etc. it's all doable.
    Agreed, these 3 days have been more fun in PvP than the entirety of BFA was.
    Templates really were a cluster fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    things that didn't change : almost instant queue as merc but almost always losing the bg no matter what. 10 to 15 minutes waiting as horde and almost always winning with a huge margin it's not even fun. last night i won battle for gilneas in 4 minutes. it wasn't a premade. opposing team wasn't afk. i don't know wth is going on at the blue side.

things that changed : people die in a blink. i am playing as mm hunter and i have to say that mm needs a bit more nerf along with sub rogue. these 2 specs outperform everyone else in many different ways.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Agreed, these 3 days have been more fun in PvP than the entirety of BFA was.
    Templates really were a cluster fuck.
    I think the difference between BFA S4 and SL S1 is that in BFA we had just several top specs and that's it. Some classes just scaled so well with everything at their disposal that they dominated the arena. Like immortal destro warlocks with 100% uptime infernal and oneshoting chaos bolts. There was no counterplay to that. Warlock had damage AND the defensives. For comparison we see a lot of people hating on rogues - yes, rogues do insane burst but all you need is one stun on rogue to kill him. Same goes for hunters and every other class. They can kill people fast, but they also die fast. I know it's only three days but I've seen so many comps and specs so far that I feel like almost eveything is viable to get high rating and I've seen players climb high with specs that were predicted to be mediocre or even bad.

It feels like WotLK PvP again but with better balance and better gearing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Why?

Because you're no longer immortal with +5 people battering you
    I like prolonged fights that last more than 10 seconds.

It's like Hearthstone (wierd analogy). The game is flooded with aggro decks that try to win by turn 4. I rather play 45+ minute matches with control decks.