View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 6 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Limit killed heroic Sire.

Limit looked to have downed it really easily too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    Limit looked to have downed it really easily too.
    Compared to previous raids it seems Sire is an actual struggle.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we take a moment and talk about how brutal Normal Sludgefist is?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

People calling Denathrius "Sire" is going to bother me this entire raid and I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    People calling Denathrius "Sire" is going to bother me this entire raid and I can't help it.
    Why? /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    YEP. He's an absolute cock. I'd go as far as to say he's only slightly easier than most of the heroic bosses. And he's definitely harder than the early heroic bosses.

And it's not because of the dps check. Sure, that's part of it. But it's mainly that the room gets filled with shit super fast if your raid doesn't manage its positioning extremely well. There's also a lot of one shots that are really easy to potato into if you're not used to mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You can always refer to him by his Christian name; “Double Dick Donny”.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Interesting that it wasn't part of the first round of nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
    You can always refer to him by his Christian name; “Double Dick Donny”.
    I'd use that before Sire.

Has anyone posted this tier's Bingo yet? I got my betting money and popcorn on standby.

the gearing is extremly slow this expansion with the new changes, watching people like sloot are only ilvl 195 after normal raid + mostly hc clear and days of spamming m+ for probably over 40 hours in total, at this point a lot of them will not even be ilvl 200 starting mythic week and juding from how tight the hc tuning have been mythic will probably last 3-4 weeks at least before they get geared enough, Limits average itemlevel now are 202
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2020-12-12 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    the gearing is extremly slow this expansion with the new changes, watching people like sloot are only ilvl 195 after normal raid + mostly hc clear and days of spamming m+ for probably over 40 hours in total, at this point a lot of them will not even be ilvl 200 starting mythic week and juding from how tight the hc tuning have been mythic will probably last 3-4 weeks at least before they get geared enough, Limits average itemlevel now are 202
    That's the point. It will take months to be fully Mythic geared, not weeks. (or days if you got lucky or grinded enough)

Until 184 gearing is pretty quick, getting about 1 item per dungeon on average. Its only after that that it slows down.
    I'd go with 4 items per 20 and 1 more item off M+ but overall this is what Blizzard wanted.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    That's the point. It will take months to be fully Mythic geared, not weeks. (or days if you got lucky or grinded enough)

Until 184 gearing is pretty quick, getting about 1 item per dungeon on average. Its only after that that it slows down.
    I'd go with 4 items per 20 and 1 more item off M+ but overall this is what Blizzard wanted.
    Sorta but not really? Depends on how capable your guild/friends etc are at M+ because you can gain a lot of gear from that very fast. I'd say getting above 200 is when it gets actually slow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, judging by HC difficulty, Blizz might have dun goofed with raid scaling.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It's U.S on Tuesday and EU on Wednesday for the world first race? So a comfy 1 day headstart for Limit?

It's U.S on Tuesday and EU on Wednesday for the world first race? So a comfy 1 day headstart for Limit?
    A 1 day headstart which they’ll probably spend gearing in m+ or whatever and then smash 8 bosses in like 6 hours the next day.

same as always. and like always the 1 day is likely to not matter at all.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Well, more like 16 hours.

And there's maintenance til11 am PST/2pm EST which is around 4 hrs after reset IIRC, so 12 hours if it stays down like last tuesday.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-12-13 at 11:29 PM.

This is gonna be an interesting race as the raid was clearly tuned around the ilvl that drops in there. Even H Council is a pretty rough gear check and sludgefist...oh boy. The WF guilds are gonna have to pull some crazy shit out of their ass for this one. Wouldnt be suprised to see only 8/10 this week unless Blizz tuned heroic/mythic a lot closer this time for some reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    This is gonna be an interesting race as the raid was clearly tuned around the ilvl that drops in there. Even H Council is a pretty rough gear check and sludgefist...oh boy. The WF guilds are gonna have to pull some crazy shit out of their ass for this one. Wouldnt be suprised to see only 8/10 this week unless Blizz tuned heroic/mythic a lot closer this time for some reason.
    8/10? With current tuning? Sludgefist killed on first week? Highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-14 at 05:32 AM.