Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Huh? It's the exact opposite for anyone with gold. A wipe gives everyone alot to do.

With no gold wipe tons of people are going to buy half their slots in BiS crafted gear the first week. And all the usual suspects are going to corner the needed markets surrounding that. I'm saying this as one of them, i'm sitting on 16k plus tons and tons of materials that are going to skyrocket in price.

I'm gonna be instantly rich just because I planned ahead a little. It frankly sounds kinda boring. I'll never have to do anything for gold past the first couple weeks.
    You dont buy BiS craftables from NPCs with gold.
    Someone has to learn the recipes, farm the mats and craft that shit.
    At no point there is gold involved.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yes because it punishes everyone who didn't play classic. I know people will say "Well that's how it was back in the day" but that's not the point of classic. People who have established financial power will still reign supreme in TBC classic unless gold is wiped. People should be able to copy their characters over with their gear, but gold should be restricted. I think people who transfer their characters should get enough gold so that they can afford the first rank of flying, but other than that, everyone should be on the same level for the most part.
    So did TBC launch, and every other expansion launch after it... I would never expect to walk into any situation "late" and expect to be on equal footing as those that put in more time and effort before I joined. There is still plenty of time to join Vanilla Classic and get gold, etc. Otherwise go play on a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    So if they let those with really high levels of gold enter TBC, won't that really diminish the experience for newer players?
    We don't do this on retail. Do you think we should?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    For about the 30th time in this thread, there is a WoW token that anybody can buy in retail to off-set the inflation. This does not exist in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You dont buy BiS craftables from NPCs with gold.
    Someone has to learn the recipes, farm the mats and craft that shit.
    At no point there is gold involved.
    You're either trolling or making a point i'm not understanding.

I'll re-state my position for clarity. You buy the mats, or the crafted items from players. That will all cost tremendous gold early on.

Your last sentence is....confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

You also can't buy half of your slots in raid BiS day one in retail.

Not comparable with a BC launch.

You also can't buy half of your slots in raid BiS day one in retail.

Not comparable with a BC launch.
    How does that affect new players?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    For about the 30th time in this thread, there is a WoW token that anybody can buy in retail to off-set the inflation. This does not exist in TBC.
    Inflation existed in WOW before there was ever a wow token, and it still does. I don't see your point.

We also don’t intentionally leave game breaking exploits in the game in retail like how we farm gold in classic. This isn’t retail. I’m really going to need you to understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

How does that affect new players?

- - - Updated - - -

Inflation existed in WOW before there was ever a wow token, and it still does. I don't see your point.
    All of this stuff has already been explained to you specifically. It’s time to just that the L on this one and stop repeating yourself.

They shouldn't delete GOLD LMAO. Better ask for fresh servers where people can't migrate their chars and play there.
    That being said I have played some TBC recently and the early advantage of fast flying + elemental farming will give quite an edge. Depending on how they release content you could expect super early deep thunders and if not gated for t5 content Stormheralds which will wreck the arena scene as well.

Enjoy buying your primals at 30-50g++

That doesn't mean you can't get gold. Leveling 2 characters and then revered with Sporeggar and just transmuting cheap primal earth's to water daily (with xmute specialization even) is something anyone can do and will provide you with anything between 1000-2000 gold PASSIVELY every month if you prefer the efficient long route.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    We also don’t intentionally leave game breaking exploits in the game in retail like how we farm gold in classic. This isn’t retail. I’m really going to need you to understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

All of this stuff has already been explained to you specifically. It’s time to just that the L on this one and stop repeating yourself.
    I don't recall ever talking about the wow token in this thread. I don't keep track like that.
    Anyway, I can see how the token would reduce inflation if it made gold disappear. All it does is move gold from one person to another person.

You're either trolling or making a point i'm not understanding.

I'll re-state my position for clarity. You buy the mats, or the crafted items from players. That will all cost tremendous gold early on.

Your last sentence is....confusing.
    You are confusing.
    Why does someone has to rely on other people to obtain his set, buying it even?
    And if it indeed happens that way, because all farms are controlled and all crafters are in some kind of mafia, is the problem really the gold people brought from classic? Isn't it the organized crime ring selling you equipment?
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2020-12-11 at 02:26 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I think it's best to stick with #NoChanges. We didn't have a gold whipe the last time TBC launched so we shouldn't have one now. Assuming we get TBC at all.

You buy the mats, or the crafted items from players.
    There's the option that is absolutely free from gold which is to farm the mats. Mats don't just poof into existence you know. Someone has to get them, such as players playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You are confusing.
    Why does someone has to rely on other people to obtain his set, buying it even?
    And if it indeed happens that way, because all farms are controlled and all crafters are in some kind of mafia, is the problem really the gold people brought from classic? Isn't it the organized crime ring selling you equipment?
    What are you even talking about here?

Why would I spend 5 hours farming materials for a piece of gear if I have 20k gold in my bag and I can pay someone that already farmed it for me for it?

What's so hard to understand about that dude

Not that I agree with any kind of gold wipe. You're just not making any sense

- - - Updated - - -

There's the option that is absolutely free from gold which is to farm the mats. Mats don't just poof into existence you know. Someone has to get them, such as players playing the game.
    Did you ever have 20k gold in your bag and thought to yourself.. "Hmm i better go farm the black lotus for my weekly raid flask"

Someone with 20k gold doesn't go out of his way to farm a black lotus when he needs a flask.

He goes to the auction house and buys the flask.

Farming and Crafting items on a necessity basis is what people with no gold do. People with 20k in their bags use the auction house and spam trade with "WTB"

Is that so far fetched to you? I can only think you never had more than 100g in your bag or something

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Did you ever have 20k gold in your bag and thought to yourself.. "Hmm i better go farm the black lotus for my weekly raid flask"

Someone with 20k gold doesn't go out of his way to farm a black lotus when he needs a flask.

He goes to the auction house and buys the flask.
    Are you the kind of person who thinks food comes from the grocery store?

Are you the kind of person who thinks food comes from the grocery store?
    You just made me face palm.

Do you honestly think there won't be people going nuts farming materials and putting them for insane prices once TBC launches because they know there will be people around with 100k gold that can't be bothered to farm them themselves?

Will there be enough materials for everyone to buy?

Obviously fucking not.

That's why they'll be posted on the AH for insane prices.

Who is going to buy them?

People with huge amounts of gold.

Which will only be even more insane prices because the farming areas will be flooded with people that think they can just go on a chill farming session only to realize that the mobs are being camped by cross faction mafias and they're running around in ghost form.

That's probably the day they understand they'd rather have gold or join a mafia themselves
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-12-11 at 02:46 PM.

You just made me face palm.

Do you honestly think there won't be people going nuts farming materials and putting them for insane prices once TBC launches because they know there will be people around with 100k gold that can't be bothered to farm them themselves?

Will there be enough materials for everyone to buy?

Obviously fucking not.

That's why they'll be posted on the AH for insane prices.

Who is going to buy them?

People with huge amounts of gold.

Which will only be even more insane prices because the farming areas will be flooded with people that think they can just go on a chill farming session only to realize that the mobs are being camped by cross faction mafias and they're running around in ghost form.

That's probably the day they understand they'd rather have gold or join a mafia themselves
    I think we agree on everything. What we disagree on is that there is a problem to solve.

I think we agree on everything. What we disagree on is that there is a problem to solve.
    I don't think we even disagree about that, I stated multiple times in this thread that a gold wipe is ridiculous.

I think blizzard could have everyone happy if they simply created new servers where everyone started fresh and still gave the option for the current classic servers to progress towards tbc.

That way folks that didn't play classic wouldn't feel left behind and people that did play classic could progress into tbc with their old characters like they did back in the day

Why do people ask silly questions like this? Why would you ever wipe something from expansion to expansion?

I don't think we even disagree about that, I stated multiple times in this thread that a gold wipe is ridiculous.
    My bad. I come and go and lose track of who thinks what.

I think blizzard could have everyone happy if they simply created new servers where everyone started fresh and still gave the option for the current classic servers to progress towards tbc.

That way folks that didn't play classic wouldn't feel left behind and people that did play classic could progress into tbc with their old characters like they did back in the day
    I think there are 2 options if you're Blizzard.

-The first is to move all (or most?) current realms into TBC and obviously leave all items and currency alone.

-The second is to create new TBC realms where everyone starts at level 1. In addition, all current Classic realms remain at 60 forever, where everyone will be allowed (perhaps required?) to migrate any Classic characters to one common Classic realm for free.

The second option is my personal preference, the first is acceptable, and there is no third option that I've seen that I agree with.

If you aren’t a classic vet, and get epic flying day one, you are NOT just farming this stuff yourself. Period. If you don’t understand why, then you don’t understand tbc

- - - Updated - - -

*admits everything in the AH will be insanely overpriced and no one can afford besides people with tens of thousands of gold*

“I see no problem here, this is fine”

Lol