Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Out of curiosity do you happen to know if the weekly dungeon quests work in m+, or are they only for mythic and lower? I know a lot of times quests aren't completable in m+ keys. Would be really nice if these could be done there though.
    I'm 99.9% sure that no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    World quests are your friend. They ususally reward from 70 to 105. Some more rare WQ are like 140 going up to 250 for world bosses. Also, certain weekly quests like the weekly pvp gives you another 250 token.

Recommendation? Don't do as I did the first two weeks and refund it everytime you go to your covenant sanctum. Just save all the anima you get for when you get the quest. I already refunded the 1000 anima for this week and already have most if not all of the 1000 anima for next week.
    1000 anima quest only counts anima you receive after taking the quest, it doesn't track anima you deposit in covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    How do you actually get Anima? I need to get 1k before the week is out and yet my mission table is giving me a measly 5 anima and even world quests only reward 35. Do you get anima form anything else?
    world quests offer batches of 35 some have 1-2 and some have 3-4 so you can usually get at least 300 each day at minimum.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

World quests are your friend. They ususally reward from 70 to 105. Some more rare WQ are like 140 going up to 250 for world bosses. Also, certain weekly quests like the weekly pvp gives you another 250 token.

Recommendation? Don't do as I did the first two weeks and refund it everytime you go to your covenant sanctum. Just save all the anima you get for when you get the quest. I already refunded the 1000 anima for this week and already have most if not all of the 1000 anima for next week.
    That dsnt work. The quest counts for when u receive the anima. Not when u deposit it.

A related question: is it known if there are plans to scale anima gains over the course of the expansion as a catch-up mechanic?

I've looked over the entire map and everything rewards like 35 anima. The only weekly I have is for the 1k anima itself. I've already done the world boss.

I'm at 255/1000. Where on earth am I supposed to get the rest?
    Those are more than 35. You get multiple copies, usually 2-3. SO you are getting at least 100 from each WQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the way it works. It will automatically credit you for collecting it. Depositing does nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, I have gotten my 1000 anima the last two weeks without trying.

There are two weekly dungeon quests that give a good amount as well.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Let's not distort reality please.

World BOSS = 250 anima
    First DAILY random heroic dungeon gives anima.
    First DAILY random heroic battleground gives 3x 35 anima.
    First DAILY random epic bg gives 5 x 35 anima
    PVP 1500 honor quest (at least this week) gives 2 x 250 anima.
    All the chests you see on the map (4-6 each zone) give around 20-50 anima.
    I see always a quest for anima (some 2-3) that give 35, 70 and even 105 (3x35) anima. I think it's at least 100 per zone on average x 4 every day.
    Mission tables = small amounts of anima

There is a 0% chance you are not able to make that 1000 per week. I think you could get 2500/week easily if you are an active player.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    A related question: is it known if there are plans to scale anima gains over the course of the expansion as a catch-up mechanic?
    At present, given we’re 2.5 weeks into the expansion, no there’s not been anything mentioned. Might be something they look at in future patches though

How do you actually get Anima? I need to get 1k before the week is out and yet my mission table is giving me a measly 5 anima and even world quests only reward 35. Do you get anima form anything else?
    I literally got 1k in around my first hour of reset. Did world boss, 25 pvp kills, and a couple of WQs and that was it.

It's the same as war resources in BFA but the amounts are divided into two types of tokens:
    - Worldquests give 1 to 4 tokens each worth 35 anima
    - Some missions give 6 tokens each worth 5 anima (expending 14 anima, 4 troops, still gives a profit of 16 but the 14 anima are not substracted from the 1000 anima weekly quest)
    - Rares and chests can drop random amounts of tokens each worth 5 anima
    - Elite quest (available 2 or 3 times a week) give 250 anima
    - I think the 35 anima tokens can drop from dungeon and raid bosses if they don't drop gear
    - Pvp quests giving 250 tokens

I don't do PVP. I don't do that much dungeons or raids. I bought several shapehift forms (1500 anima each). Still I am hovering around 5k anima. I can complete the 1000 anima quest in a day, but it's a weekly quest so it shouldn't matter if it takes 2 or 3 days. You get a renown for it, but it's not like renown is lost if you don't get it in time. The anima itself is only really used in big amounts for building upgrades and those are gated behind the 5 souls you rescue.

There are some 250 anima quests from time to time. Then I do the 140 anima quests. Kill rares and open chests and or gets to 1k. If needed, there are the dungeon quests, but i usually have 1k before i do them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    World quests, treasure boxes, rares, dungeon quests, PvP quests, dungeon bosses, maybe PvP wins(not sure since I don't PvP).

I have had a couple of WQs this week that only rewarded 1x of a 35 anima item, but most seem to grant 3-4, so you should be getting 105-140 anima for most WQs that offer it as a reward. Mission tables usually grant 6x of an item that grants 5 anima, so should be about 35 anima per mission.

As many have mentioned, I tend to get most of mine through the two dungeon quests and the World Boss. That will get you 750/1000 and then grind the last 250 through WQ's. There is a lot in Shadowlands that isn't spelled out explicitly, I kind of learned this through Wowhead and trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is a drought for a reason.

Other than that, there is two Weekly Quests (Dungeons), normally at least one Elite World Quest and the World Boss which alone will not you quite a sum. Then there is the smaller ones, as well as a daily dungeon (which reward is a joke of 35 Anima).

Else, enable Warmode and receive 10-30% more Anima pr. World Quest/Event.
    Its not 35. Each item gives you 35. You usually get between 3 to 4 items per WQ. It is 70 to 140 per WQ.

With the 2 dungeon quest that gives 250 each plus the weekly world boss which gives another 250 you should get to 750 in about one hour. The missing 250 can be done within the missions of the companion app on your smartphone (in 7-8 missions you should be done) or with a couple of world quests (download a world quest addon that tells you exactly the amount of anima of the quests and pick two of them that give 140 anima each).

I was concerned too in the beginning, but if the two dungeons quests plus the world boss stay alive “forever” and always grant 250 anima each, we’ll always get to 1000 really fast.

Of course, if you instead wanna go far past 1000 to unlock stuff in the reservoir faster, it will be way more grindy and tedious.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2020-12-11 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    There seems to be some weird inconsistency on the labeling of how much anima you get from World Quests, and the long-time world quest mod that displays them has issues with it too (and yeah it's updated). For example, usually you get a listing of how much anima something is worth, but sometimes either that's wrong, or you get the thing listed as an item reward, say 3x anima item, and not as an anima reward, even though it is.

But beyond that I've seen some bizarre shit with world quests and ilvls and stuff - like, I logged out before the reset, and my item world quests were mostly for ilvl 161 items, with some 158. I log back in after the reset, all the 161 item WQs have just vanished (despite showing as having more than enough time - in one case 13 hours!), and there's a fucking 145 green item listed as a WQ reward, and a couple of 151s. Like, what the fuck? That'd all be downgrades for me. And before the reset, most of the anima stuff was 100 or 140, now a lot of it is 35 or 70 - and some of the 35s may be displaying, but good grief, I have no idea what can explain the ilvl 145 green (a bad conduit I already had a 171 version of!).
    I got to the point where I barely do any <100 WQs. And now I'm starting to have "fuck no" blacklists for wqs. Like the Dirty Job ones in Revendreth and the ever deepening baity kyrian one (fill the bar, oh, its actually not over, silly, now wake up the machine, still not over! do this, do that)
    Having the same experience with ilevles. It's all over the place. Mission table gives shitty ilevel as well sometimes. I feel like it's a bug. A lot of things seemigly get ironed out as we go which is frustrating. :/
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-12-11 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Out of curiosity do you happen to know if the weekly dungeon quests work in m+, or are they only for mythic and lower? I know a lot of times quests aren't completable in m+ keys. Would be really nice if these could be done there though.
    I don't think it work in mythic +,since we cant loot anything from final boss and that what the quest require,maybe someone can prove me wrong?

Raiding and pvp are the big ones with pvp being the quickest if your good or sink your rating.