Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

a DelaYeD gAMe iS eVentUalLy GOOd. a RuSHed gAmE iS fOrEVeR bAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Yup, this game is a mess right now. It does look better on the PS4 Pro when you enable the HDR support, but the constant crashes and screen jitters are very annoying.

Anyone wanting to buy this game should hold off on it for now. It's heading to the bargain bin unless CDPR can pull off some miracle patches on it.
    Correction: It's a mess on consoles. Consoles have a large majority of all the issues.

Honestly, it's about time there's some blowback against this multi-platform nonsense that's been going on in the gaming industry for so long. Cyberpunk had issues with consoles ever since before the game's first delay. The underlying issue is trying to cater to consoles yet again which companies are almost forced to do because otherwise they alienate 41% of the players in Cyberpunk's case.

The gaming industry is in such a bad state it's sad. My frank opinion is that Cyberpunk should've been PC exclusive and that's that. It's time to forget consoles and the butchering of games/problems catering to them seems to bring. Doesn't matter if it's FPS locks or clunky mechanics, consoles need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think its really flatlining, this thread isn't the only perception of the game.
    The game has wide spread problems, This isn't a opinion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Correction: It's a mess on consoles. Consoles have a large majority of all the issues.

Honestly, it's about time there's some blowback against this multi-platform nonsense that's been going on in the gaming industry for so long. Cyberpunk had issues with consoles ever since before the game's first delay. The underlying issue is trying to cater to consoles yet again which companies are almost forced to do because otherwise they alienate 41% of the players in Cyberpunk's case.

The gaming industry is in such a bad state it's sad. My frank opinion is that Cyberpunk should've been PC exclusive and that's that. It's time to forget consoles and the butchering of games/problems catering to them seems to bring. Doesn't matter if it's FPS locks or clunky mechanics, consoles need to go.
    Correction: The issue is here catering to last gen consoles. Should have just been exclusive to the new gen and PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    You do realize the PS5/XSX are powerhouses right? Their GPU's being on par with a 2070S's. this is a really bad and uninformed take.

First off PC's are also having problems and second a majority of the problems come from the game being on last gen systems. Current gen systems also has issues but mainly bugs and crash's. The performance of the game is solid on PS5/XSX.

Wave your console hate boner somewhere else because guess what mate, Witcher 3 sold the most on consoles and that funded Cyberpunk where nearly half the pre-orders was.

So Correction: Its a mess everywhere.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The game has wide spread problems, This isn't a opinion.
    On consoles, yeah its been acknowledged but the game flatlining is over dramatic and not really accurate.

Correction: The issue is here catering to last gen consoles. Should have just been exclusive to the new gen and PC.
    I dunno how that would work out all considering the issues the new gen is having and we're still in a pandemic. I think it wouldn't be as successful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

On consoles, yeah its been acknowledged but the game flatlining is over dramatic and not really accurate.
    On all platforms its having problems, some more than others. But yes the game "Flatlining" is very over dramatic.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno how that would work out all considering the issues the new gen is having and we're still in a pandemic. I think it wouldn't be as successful.
    It would have just sold less is all.

Demon's Souls is a PS5 exclusive and likely sold well. There is a few million units of both the PS5 and XSX(and Series S) out in the wild. The game would have sold but not massive amounts that it has.

Gambled and lost, read all the bugs/issues and decided to purchase anyway.

Can't even get it to run.

Crash reports are blank and give me nothing to work with.

Waiting for my refund, i'll try again in a year... this game should've been delayed another few months, if not longer.

It's the same on PC as well, depending on the computer's specs, so yes it's a dumpster fire.

The whole problem stems from the fact that CDPR advertised that it would work on the older consoles and PCs within a certain minimal spec and it doesn't its a complete lie and false advertising.

If it's not going to run on the equipment its advertised to run on, then yes CDPR is completely at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    technically yes but they announced it when the ps3 was current and have over 7 years of ps4/xbone preorders and buildup. They put it out for the same reason they didn't give it the further delay it clearly needed: "we can coast this damage, people will forget over time and it needs to be making money today"and judging by their stock value dropping by 30% and still going it seems like it was just a gamble that might not pay off. Can the game sell well enough? probably. Will it overdo the damage to their brand, especially for the folks that didn't touch the witcher games and this was their only experience with their output? thats a wait and see type deal.

Like I said, I already refunded on Steam.
    I was bothered by the kb&mouse scheme on PC, being unable to rebind the arrow keys which I use btw, being unable to rebind many other keys too, the "quick melee" button just switching to fists instead of hitting with the weapon's stock, the sprint key needing to be held despite setting that key to toggle, the UI being very convoluted, and many other nuisances that all piled up and turned me off the game.

Why couldn't this game just be like GTA? Why all this utter nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    technically yes but they announced it when the ps3 was current and have over 7 years of ps4/xbone preorders and buildup. They put it out for the same reason they didn't give it the further delay it clearly needed: "we can coast this damage, people will forget over time and it needs to be making money today"and judging by their stock value dropping by 30% and still going it seems like it was just a gamble that might not pay off. Can the game sell well enough? probably. Will it overdo the damage to their brand, especially for the folks that didn't touch the witcher games and this was their only experience with their output? thats a wait and see type deal.
    Well personally I'm getting my GOG copy refunded. I'm more than happy to keep my (PS5) copy and wait but a core reason I got it for PC was to see how well I can get it to run on my old CPU lol and future modding. But I think its going to be a long time before modding happens and I'm already going to wait for them to iron stuff out before I keep playing on PS5.

The game has been enjoyable but this has also been a mess and a massive PR hit for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there are side quests that reward decent cars? I'm getting tired of the starting car and bike and don't wanna spend my money on a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been able to get through the Heist part using a non-violent stealth method?

I was able to sneak and do non-violent takedowns all the way up to the heavily armored guards. I avoided detection and took them down and it didn't seem like I got tagged by any guards but as soon as I get close to the main lobby, the other guards by the elevator immediately start shouting and go into hostile mode before they can see me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just refunded the game. I am not happy. Been a long time since I had to refund a game on steam. Massive fan of Witcher 3 and the Witcher games in general but this looked more like something current Bioware would have come up with and not CDPR.

Will be cautious of CDPR games going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Waiting for my refund, i'll try again in a year... this game should've been delayed another few months, if not longer.
    For me its more than just 'more time'. I think CDPR just aimed too high with what they aimed to deliver and just failed on the execution, not sure if it was COVID or lack of man power of just deadlines, but it is just not that deep or interesting as it could be, It feels like a good product but it feels like its just missing so many parts. I am not sure I can ever put my finger on outside of the obvious glaring issues with the game that I have made clear in this thread.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-11 at 04:58 PM.

Yep its getting posted everywhere that CDPR's stock has tanked by 29% due to the state of Cyberpunk.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cd-proj...?sf134154434=1
    Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red has seen its stock price fall in the days around the game’s launch, with a steep decline of 29%.
    As reported by Gamesindustry.biz, shares are currently priced at PLN (Polish złoty) 313.9, down from PLN 443 on December 4. The decline is likely due to the release and press coverage revealing that Cyberpunk 2077 suffers from a plethora of bugs and glitches, and has notably poor performance on previous generation consoles. Such issues have spread widely via social media.
    Their PR is taking a massive hit as well.

anyone gonna go back a few pages in this thread and quote all the fanbois crying about reviews and then quote them saying they got a refund?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    anyone gonna go back a few pages in this thread and quote all the fanbois crying about reviews and then quote them saying they got a refund?
    I will admit I am probably one of those people that were hyped. But as someone who just now went and searched through all my logs, from this thread, you see my excitement for the game slowly wane over time. I would say my interest fell flat around late 2019. that's when I started getting super skeptical

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I will admit I am probably one of those people that were hyped. But as someone who just now went and searched through all my logs, from this thread, you see my excitement for the game slowly wane over time. I would say my interest fell flat around late 2019. that's when I started getting super skeptical
    I'm enjoying myself but it is certainly differently then other open worlds(Fast travel not at your convenience more go to a FT point and you can chose certain areas to go to). The UI takes time to adjust to as I said earlier and well the only way to sheathe weapons is basically going melee which looks really weird cause you look like you're about to brawl with someone. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying myself but some decisions perplex me but I'm more optimistic. We'll see what happens if they try to *fix* anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying myself but it is certainly differently then other open worlds(Fast travel not at your convenience more go to a FT point and you can chose certain areas to go to). The UI takes time to adjust to as I said earlier and well the only way to sheathe weapons is basically going melee which looks really weird cause you look like you're about to brawl with someone. Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying myself but some decisions perplex me but I'm more optimistic. We'll see what happens if they try to *fix* anything.
    If you are enjoying it more power to you. I know many people who do too. I aint here to say you are wrong. But I speak for my own views and how they regressed

Glad you are enjoying it though, I'm jealous I wish I could have