Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

For folks who purchased the game through Sony's online store, they are offering refunds as "a one time exception".

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/su...efund-request/

Tell the chatbot that you haven't downloaded the game yet and it will hand you over to a live agent. Ask for a refund under Sony's "faulty content" exception policy and they'll issue you a refund.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    **Aww the poor white knight
    Game is running fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    For folks who purchased the game through Sony's online store, they are offering refunds as "a one time exception".

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/su...efund-request/

Tell the chatbot that you haven't downloaded the game yet and it will hand you over to a live agent. Ask for a refund under Sony's "faulty content" exception policy and they'll issue you a refund.

Good Luck.
    Tried it and failed.

They actually ended the chat on me when I argued with them about it. Sony's refund policy is a joke.

Its a perfect example on why I don't support all digital.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2020-12-11 at 05:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

lol i bugged something and now the npc is following me everywhere. its so funny that i dont know what to do, now im fond of him xD

other photos xD https://imgur.com/a/DLkNIFI
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Tried it and failed.

They actually ended the chat on me when I argued with them about it. Sony's refund policy is a joke.

Its a perfect example on why I don't support all digital.
    Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing it's really up to who you get on the chat line, if they're an a-hole or not.

Hopefully Sony says something official as they did with the original No Man Sky game to make the refund process easier.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to rush this game, play on very hard. It isn't THAT hard, but you need to be careful.

Clearing Maelstrom base was really satisfying, especially since you can save game only out of combat (and they can get really long).

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol i bugged something and now the npc is following me everywhere. its so funny that i dont know what to do, now im fond of him xD

other photos xD https://imgur.com/a/DLkNIFI
    I didn't take a pic of it but I was going in my car and I called Jacky. Well it spawned him in the car when I did it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing it's really up to who you get on the chat line, if they're an a-hole or not.

Hopefully Sony says something official as they did with the original No Man Sky game to make the refund process easier.
    Ya they may, I'm not too fussed about it cause I will go back to it. I am getting a refund on my PC copy, GOG has a much better refund policy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Just refunded the game. I am not happy. Been a long time since I had to refund a game on steam. Massive fan of Witcher 3 and the Witcher games
    You sure? Because the "game" part of the witcher series was mediocre at best (starting with serious combat balance issues *cough* underwater crossbow *cough* ending on the very artificial feeling of combat flow overall) while the "Witcher" part was not created by CDP at all, but merely adapted.

It does indeed boil down to this, people misattributed the success of the witcher series to CDPR, while in fact it was the works of sapkowski they enjoyed, thanks to which the game itself succeeded *in spite* of CDPR, not because of them - and somehow this ended up with CDP, falsely, being heralded as some sort of gods of RPG gaming, when in fact they stumbled into success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The warning patch is not on PS4/PS5, I downloaded the game today fully and there is no seizure warning. This honestly has a really good chance to lead to a lawsuit that IMO is deserved. Something like this should not have been a oversight even more so for a game that has been in development for 7 years.
    Idk I feel like seizures and video games are so well known it may as well be accepted as general understood fact. Like warning people that a stove is hot...it should just be known

First of all learn to quote. You are quotting me saying something you said.

Secondly, you expect to be taken seriously while literally sending dick pics to other poster?

Last but not least, if you are so needy send me a message with your PayPal I will give you 60€ so you can have a nice Christmas. I always care for the needy and the hungry.

You should really prioritize though if you are that sort of 60€ you really shouldn’t buy games mate.
    I'm sorry dude, I just have higher standards.

When I pay $60 for something I kind of expect it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Idk I feel like seizures and video games are so well known it may as well be accepted as general understood fact. Like warning people that a stove is hot...it should just be known
    Not at all. A huge number of games have absolutely no chance of causing seizures so there's no warning necessary. Every stove you touch isn't hot, it's only hot if the stove is on. Just as all games don't have sequences that can cause seizures, only if they have flashing sequences like this.

It's bog-standard stuff, and in part legally protecting your ass from being sued for causing a seizure without warning the person.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That isn't true, It takes specific things to trigger a seizure. That is why when a game can trigger seizures the publisher/developer puts a warning at the start. Ubisoft games have this a decent amount.

The thing that can trigger a seizure the most in Cyberpunk is literally made IRL to do just that. If a game can do something that can end in death to someone it should have a warning stating as such and more than a 5 second blip at the start of the game.

Put it as a screen that reads it out to you and if you buy it physically put it on the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    You sure? Because the "game" part of the witcher series was mediocre at best (starting with serious combat balance issues *cough* underwater crossbow *cough* ending on the very artificial feeling of combat flow overall) while the "Witcher" part was not created by CDP at all, but merely adapted.

It does indeed boil down to this, people misattributed the success of the witcher series to CDPR, while in fact it was the works of sapkowski they enjoyed, thanks to which the game itself succeeded *in spite* of CDPR, not because of them - and somehow this ended up with CDP, falsely, being heralded as some sort of gods of RPG gaming, when in fact they stumbled into success.
    People keep saying the combat was "medicore" but thats just another way of saying "It didn't blow my eyeballs out" It was good, it worked and still felt fun. If it aint broke don't fix it.

If you are enjoying it more power to you. I know many people who do too. I aint here to say you are wrong. But I speak for my own views and how they regressed
    Its no biggie, sometimes these new game each year either I have no interest whatsoever or sometimes there is a winner. It happens...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Runs superb on my PC, no complaints so far... only bug I noticed is that Welles gun dissappeared and he was holding nothing.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I've had some visual bugs but nothing that has actually impacted the gameplay so far. On PC.

For 60€ (less if you used discount sites etc) the content is good enough for first launch and it can always be patched as time goes by. I would understand the negativity for an expensive piece of hardware but for a piece of software that can be fixed anytime I think we can all be more chill.
    Sure, then put an early access tag on the game and let the people who want a buggy, half cooked experience have at it. But call it what it is and this is absolutely not a polished release and would not be accepted by any other AAA publisher. If EA released this shit people would be stringing them up.

Overall, my impressions are positive. I do think it should have been built for PC and the newer generation of consoles, though.

Combat is good. I like that I can take a non lethal approach, make use of the environment and/or just straight up kill enemies. Good variety of weapons.

Story is compelling so far. Characters have a lot of flavour. Missions are rather in-depth. Side quests vary from just go to X and eliminate Y to having a bulkier story. Quite a few seem to tie into other aspects of the story.

I'd like to see more NPC's added who can be spoken with, just for flavour dialogue. More romance options would be great, too.

Music is decent, though much more subtle than I expected.

Game's lovingly crafted, I can see that - so I feel for the development team. I bet higher ups forced them to release it before it was truly 'ready'.

For 60€ (less if you used discount sites etc) the content is good enough for first launch and it can always be patched as time goes by. I would understand the negativity for an expensive piece of hardware but for a piece of software that can be fixed anytime I think we can all be more chill.
    This is the problem with the gaming community in general.

You are a customer paying for a product, If the product doesn't work as advertised then you should complain. You wouldn't do it with food or anything else so gaming should be no different.

Too many people are ok with (It will be fixed later) and that's why we get so many games coming out broken, even tho company's are still crunching their developers to death.

To be clear tho people who want to complain should, but in a mature manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sure, then put an early access tag on the game and let the people who want a buggy, half cooked experience have at it. But call it what it is and this is absolutely not a polished release and would not be accepted by any other AAA publisher. If EA released this shit people would be stringing them up.
    Lol what. This is how games are when they're released these days. Bugs. It's like that with every AAA game. Every one. EA releases bugged as shit games. What on earth are you on about.

Try harder. You'll get there.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lol what. This is how games are when they're released these days. Bugs. It's like that with every AAA game. Every one. EA releases bugged as shit games. What on earth are you on about.

Try harder. You'll get there.
    Like every game released these days? Lets see what have I played this year...

-Persona 5 Royal
    -Doom Eternal
    -Animal Crossing New Horizons
    -13 Sentinels
    -TLOU2
    -Ghost of Tsushima
    -Cold Steel IV
    -FFVII Remake
    -Spiderman MM
    -Sackboy
    -Astro's Playroom
    -Demon's Souls
    -Shadowlands

Hmm just a handful of games off the top of my head and absolutely none of them where close to being a buggy pile of technical garbage like this. Sorry reality doesn't line up with your excuse train. In fact the only one of these games with any noticeable bugs at all is Spiderman(far less then cyberpunk mind you).

"Try harder. You'll get there."