Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    yes super ready

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    As it is right now, it looks like pretty much all good GPUs are being gouged by scalpers.
    That's bullshit. A lot of youtube channels like to push that it's the miners, it's the scalpers but look at facts. PSUs are being gouged by scalpers too? CASES?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    That's bullshit. A lot of youtube channels like to push that it's the miners, it's the scalpers but look at facts. PSUs are being gouged by scalpers too? CASES?
    Quite a large chunk of GPUs are though. Granted users get them too and they aren't as vocal about it as those that see scalpers selling few hundred on Ebay. Miners however seem to buy their stuff direct and from the rumors manufacturers are more than happy to give their supply to em.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Im ready for 4nm the 16-core APU 8Cpu cores/8Gpu cores with "Infinity Crimson Crossfire Cache bridge" ICCCB technology.

I'm ready for an upgrade from my 1660 Super to get into 1440p and some ray tracing goodness, but not for the insane price gouging going on. North of 1100 CND$ (before shipping ofc) for the cheapest 3070 I could possibly find? Fuck that noise sideways. There are pre-builts on Newegg that go for less than buying my own setup would cost me with these scalped cards. Guess I'll have to wait and/or check Best Buy often as a buddy of mine tells me they get resupplied relatively often.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm ready for an upgrade from my 1660 Super to get into 1440p and some ray tracing goodness, but not for the insane price gouging going on. North of 1100 CND$ (before shipping ofc) for the cheapest 3070 I could possibly find? Fuck that noise sideways. There are pre-builts on Newegg that go for less than buying my own setup would cost me with these scalped cards. Guess I'll have to wait and/or check Best Buy often as a buddy of mine tells me they get resupplied relatively often.
    I won't buy from a scalper but did use https://www.twitch.tv/kingstwitch_ stream to watch for drops in Canada. I managed to get a 3080 from best buy after a few days of watching. the 3080's last less than a minute, so have to click fast to beat the bots.

USA can use https://www.twitch.tv/falcodrin stream
    Last edited by Sativex; 2021-01-06 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that's bad? Wait until you find out that crypto mining is back and the RTX 3000 cards are the most profitable. I would hold off on buying a GPU until that market crashes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I won't buy from a scalper but did use https://www.twitch.tv/kingstwitch_ stream to watch for drops in Canada. I managed to get a 3080 from best buy after a few days of watching. the 3080's last less than a minute, so have to click fast to beat the bots.

USA can use https://www.twitch.tv/falcodrin stream
    Jesus, if that's what it takes I'll just wait. I'm more looking for a 2070, 3070 at most, or hell a 3060 ti also sounds pretty good, yet even these are nearly impossible to find at anything resemble an acceptable price. It's ridiculous and I doubt the situation will improve anytime soon with these scalpers making tons of money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, if that's what it takes I'll just wait. I'm more looking for a 2070, 3070 at most, or hell a 3060 ti also sounds pretty good, yet even these are nearly impossible to find at anything resemble an acceptable price. It's ridiculous and I doubt the situation will improve anytime soon with these scalpers making tons of money.
    The 3060ti and 3070's are up way more often than the 3080's and stay up longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Best way to get a 3000 series from Nvidia or 6000 series from AMD is to get a new SKU when it's launched. They don't have any pending orders and scrapers/bots don't buy them before configured to do so. That said it's still a pain and the only reason why I managed to get mine.. was because the store I ordered from put the order page up 2 weeks before official announcement for the SKU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    You think that's bad? Wait until you find out that crypto mining is back and the RTX 3000 cards are the most profitable. I would hold off on buying a GPU until that market crashes again.
    Oh, joy. Maybe I'll indeed say fuck it and buy a PS5 after all, once these also become available at stores.

@Sativex Hopefully so, thanks for the link, I'll take a poke at it from time to time when I'm not working. I'm aiming for 1440p and don't care for 144hz or whatever so I really don't feel like I need a 3080 anyway.

EDIT: at worst, Canada Computers has an option for back orders. Maybe I'll fall for that, their prices are reasonable enough as I see it.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2021-01-06 at 03:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna order a RTX 3080 card last week, but then i saw the list of cards availability i Denmark and then i just said fuck it and bought a Corsair HX850i and a EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11D XL D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi instead.

The list of cards in Denmark Proshop RTX 30series overview
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    I am on a 1080 Ti too. Power limit set to 127. +15/+300 core/mem offset, liquid cooled. I am playing on preset 10 quality with 5120 x 1348 resolution (2x 1440p monitors, split screen rendering). I took a flight from revendreth to southern ardenweald.

Revendreth was about 160fps average (250fps max, 120fps min)
    Ardibweaked was about 120fps average (190fps max, 90fps min)
    Jesus my R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz must be bottlenecking that or something is fucked on my PC as GPU-Z says x1 PCIE. I run 3840x1600 and Red Dead online is roughly 30 to 45 fps tops... 32GB 2133 RAM clocks.

-K

I bought a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Jesus my R7 1700 @ 3.9Ghz must be bottlenecking that or something is fucked on my PC as GPU-Z says x1 PCIE. I run 3840x1600 and Red Dead online is roughly 30 to 45 fps tops... 32GB 2133 RAM clocks.
    You absolutely should NOT be a 1x PCI-E bus width. The PCI-E version 1.1 is just power saving, thats normal, but the width being 1x is negotiated at power-on.

You need to physically unplug and replug the GPU in the slot about 3-5 times. There is bad contact. Dust or oxidation. Or one of the tiny capacitors next to each of the data pins is physically broken off.

You can clean off GPU pin oxidation by using a pencil eraser too. Just "erase" the pins, it will brighten then up.

The Ryzen 1k/2k series is not very good for gaming by todays standards (but hugely better than the K10/Bulldozers of the gen prior) and would see a large benefit running ryzen 3k/5k or latest intel CPU
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2021-01-12 at 11:16 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    1601 Vine, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90028
    keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You must be talking about 3060, or 3070. Because already 2080Ti is fast enough to push everything on 4k and ultra. But not at 120hz.
    I couldn't be more agree with you on this

I was ready when they launched, now i'm basically settled up with witing for the 4000. It will be an even bigger jump in performance, my 8700k will still do its job and i'm not gonna redo my pc anyway.

Hell i could esaily settle for a used 3080 at that point that i'm gonna watercool. Playing 1440p 144hz is more than fine for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.