Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lol what. This is how games are when they're released these days.
    Give me 5 AAA games in the past 2 years that released and their performance is near 10fps like it is on the Xbox One....

No this isn't how games usually release. There is a difference in bugs and the game being unplayable with soft/hard locks and performance tanking near single digits.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Like every game released these days? Lets see what have I played this year...

-Persona 5 Royal
    -Doom Eternal
    -Animal Crossing New Horizons
    -13 Sentinels
    -TLOU2
    -Ghost of Tsushima
    -Cold Steel IV
    -FFVII Remake
    -Spiderman MM
    -Sackboy
    -Astro's Playroom
    -Demon's Souls
    -Shadowlands

Hmm just a handful of games off the top of my head and absolutely none of them where close to being a buggy pile of technical garbage like this. Sorry reality doesn't line up with your excuse train. In fact the only one of these games with any noticeable bugs at all is Spiderman(far less then cyberpunk mind you).

"Try harder. You'll get there."
    That's weird, other people has different experiences with a few of the games on your list. The ones being AAA at least.

Classic example of "Here is my personal experience, allow me to do no research and base my opinion on my subjective experience instead".

So, no. Try harder. Stop thinking your own bubble is reality.
    Hi

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1337453791835254784

Well, if nothing else they've covered all development and marketing costs already. So on day 1 they were starting to turn a profit. And that's digital sales only, which IIRC are around a 70:30 split with retail, so that's not recognizing the retail revenue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    That's weird, other people has different experiences with a few of the games on your list. The ones being AAA at least.

Classic example of "Here is my personal experience, allow me to do no research and base my opinion on my subjective experience instead".

So, no. Try harder. Stop thinking your own bubble is reality.
    And what games on his list mite those be? point out the ones that launched running at 10fps and was just a buggy mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1337453791835254784

Well, if nothing else they've covered all development and marketing costs already. So on day 1 they were starting to turn a profit. And that's digital sales only, which IIRC are around a 70:30 split with retail, so that's not recognizing the retail revenue yet.
    Ya...

Failing upward is great.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Whoa, Smart Weapons are ridculous.

I am walking terror in this game. I can fight the entire city easily.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Give me 5 AAA games in the past 2 years that released and their performance is near 10fps like it is on the Xbox One....

No this isn't how games usually release. There is a difference in bugs and the game being unplayable with soft/hard locks and performance tanking near single digits.
    Expecting a next gen game to run fine on a potato console with 5+ year old tech, how cute...

So is anyone allowed to discuss builds and playstyles here or is the threat just for shitting on the game and CDPR?

Personally, for the first run I am going with Nomad Street Samurai type (ie melee and guns), purely because it feels like something a Nomad would be better at than netrunning. There will be some cyberhacking obviously, but that will be the focus on the 2nd character. Any suggestions/discussion on relevant builds or any hints and tips would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Expecting a next gen game to run fine on a potato console with 5+ year old tech, how cute...
    It's not a next-gen game. Development started before either next-gen console was announced or the console makers were talking to anyone back in 2012.

They may have moved to a next-gen priority after that was announced (sure looks like it), but they released the game on current-gen to take advantage of that install base and get early sales rather than push PC our or only launch on PC.

It's very much "on them" for the problems on the baseline hardware, they've known what they were working with since pre-production began.

Nothing says next gen game like forced slow walking scenes, elevator talk scenes and forced corridor set pieces. If the game was designed to be next gen it wouldn't have shit like this which only exists for potatoes to load in the next scene.

First off the game was announced before last gen was even out. Second if you are going to release the game on a system make sure it works or don't release it on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    So is anyone allowed to discuss builds and playstyles here or is the threat just for shitting on the game and CDPR?
    Didn't know talking about current issues with the game and CDPR is considered shitting on them.

Do not pick this up for ps4. 2h in, ive had several crashes, graphics are like someone pointed out horrendous (like paint bad AFTER rendering) and bugs galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Runs superb on my PC, no complaints so far... only bug I noticed is that Welles gun dissappeared and he was holding nothing.
    Yeah, I've had no problems with it running on my PC either. There are a lot of 'glitches' and hilarious 'simulation bugs'. Those are nothing new, though. There's STILL a ton of them in Witcher 3 today.

You do realize the PS5/XSX are powerhouses right? Their GPU's being on par with a 2070S's. this is a really bad and uninformed take.

First off PC's are also having problems and second a majority of the problems come from the game being on last gen systems. Current gen systems also has issues but mainly bugs and crash's. The performance of the game is solid on PS5/XSX.

So Correction: Its a mess everywhere.
    Why are you focusing solely on the next gen? Cyberpunk was announced BEFORE ps4 even came out and it's horrendous on PS4. It was also marketed as running fine there. It doesn't.

Wave your console hate boner somewhere else because guess what mate, Witcher 3 sold the most on consoles and that funded Cyberpunk where nearly half the pre-orders was.
    How does that absolve consoles for continuously being problems for devs and the continuous butchering of games that followed?

If you are playing Cyberpunk on consoles, you are mostly screwed and that's that. PC players have it way better. Which are the majority by the way for Cyberpunk. If you game it on console you're the minority my friend.

Too late I already picked it up for PS4 yesterday. I just been so preoccupied I can't get around to trying it out yet. Hopefully they make a patch or something with fixes. Since everyone keeps talking about how buggy it is. I'm not sure how my PC would've handled it. So I didn't bother looking into it that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Why are you focusing solely on the next gen? Cyberpunk was announced BEFORE ps4 even came out and it's horrendous on PS4. It was also marketed as running fine there. It doesn't.
    No shit welcome to the rest of the thread, But on PS5/XSX it runs at 60FPS just fine. If they couldn't get it to run well on PS4/XB1 they shouldn't have released it on it.

If you are playing Cyberpunk on consoles, you are mostly screwed and that's that. PC players have it way better. Which are the majority by the way for Cyberpunk. If you game it on console you're the minority my friend.
    You keep saying consoles meaning all and that isn't true. If you are playing it on PS5/XSX it runs just fine besides the bugs that you can also get on PC.

Swing your console hateboner somewhere else my guy. Not going to entertain you any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Too late I already picked it up for PS4 yesterday. I just been so preoccupied I can't get around to trying it out yet. Hopefully they make a patch or something with fixes. Since everyone keeps talking about how buggy it is. I'm not sure how my PC would've handled it. So I didn't bother looking into it that closely.
    Ya a patch isn't going to fix what is a hardware issue. Cyberpunk is CPU bottlenecked on PS4/XB1 that's why it also runs like shit on the Pro and X.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post

Personally, for the first run I am going with Nomad Street Samurai type (ie melee and guns), purely because it feels like something a Nomad would be better at than netrunning. There will be some cyberhacking obviously, but that will be the focus on the 2nd character. Any suggestions/discussion on relevant builds or any hints and tips would be welcome.
    Honestly after trying a pure guns playstyle on my first ditched character, the mix of handguns, katanas and hacking of my current one feels much, much better, almost as if the game was meant to be played that way. Flashbang grenade into slicing and dicing feels so cool and is very, very effective as katanas have better DPS than any gun looks like, and stagger enemies easily. Handgun for when there are too many enemies, and hacking for sticky situations. Being able to lower enemy resistances resistances (even at very low skill levels, 30% less resistance over an entire squad is no joke) and disable the weapons of guys with LMGs and such saved my bacon quite a few times.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a next-gen game. Development started before either next-gen console was announced or the console makers were talking to anyone back in 2012.
    So? It doesn't matter when you start development. It matters the scope and scale of the game. Otherwise you would be calling Star Citizen a game that can run on 2012 hardware because that is when it started development. It is very much on them so there is no reason for quotes but there is no reason to use stupid definitions. It is their fault for continuing to support last gen consoles despite them not being able to handle the game.

They are even still supporting GPU from 2013. I haven't really seen reports of how well it runs on those GPU's but I would imagine it is the same as with the last gen consoles. They experience obviously has suffered from having a wide range or requirements.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-11 at 08:52 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

For the life of me, I do not know why anyone would design a UI like this. It's so frustrating to me that I can not wait for a mod or patch... something. Terrible!

The toughest thing about this game to me is struggling with this clumsy UI. Sometimes you press F, sometimes R, other times TAB, but you might also have to use E, Q, N, T, and some things you left-click on and others you scroll wheel... WHO IN THE FUCK.

I just gave up on all hacking. Not worth the trouble for me. I am just shooting everyone. Screw it! I can take down the whole city practically and there is no real penalty for it- you can still do the quests, can't kill the quest givers, cops give up eventually if you kill enough of them or just drive away.

So why am I gonna fuss about trying to hack a TV for 5 minutes when I have a rocket launcher in my arm, an uzi with homing bullets, and a sniper rifle that shoots through walls. Run it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-11 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    You sure? Because the "game" part of the witcher series was mediocre at best (starting with serious combat balance issues *cough* underwater crossbow *cough* ending on the very artificial feeling of combat flow overall) while the "Witcher" part was not created by CDP at all, but merely adapted.
    okay... sorry you didn't like Witcher? You want a cookie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The toughest thing about this game to me is struggling with this clumsy UI. Sometimes you press F, sometimes R, other times TAB, but you might also have to use E, Q, N, T, and some things you left-click on and others you scroll wheel... WHO IN THE FUCK.
    Do you have specific examples? Because everything is consistent from my experience and each different button push is for different things. So its not sometimes f or sometimes r, or sometimes tab. Because you have to activate or use different things. Complaining about that is like complaining about not being able to spam one button to do a rotation in a game like World of Warcraft. The only real issue is that things like Messages can only be accessed from the top level and you can't quickly switch to it from the Journal screen that you are grouped with. Or if you can they don't do a good job of conveying it. The info screens being tied to Z are a little bit of an issue as well for default controls.

Just like they don't tell you that double tapping alt will holster your weapon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."