Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Do you have specific examples?
    Yea, like when I am selling items there is no way to keep that Confirm/Y as a single consistent button. Or when you loot, sometimes it indicates you need to Hold or Press the button and if you remap it then displays the remapped button but only the original binding works- the phone calls also are like this.

Pick up the body with R, but drop it with E.

There were some vehicle controls as well I do not remember that functioned in a nonintuitive manner for me- but I just stopped messing with them altogether out of frustration. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Whoa, Smart Weapons are ridculous.

I am walking terror in this game. I can fight the entire city easily.
    I'm tempted to avoid them - I turned off aim assist from the beginning, and have been sticking to power weapons (I like the single shot pistols, full auto SMGs/ARs). I love it when you're picking at an enemy and they rush you, and as they round the corner you empty an SMG in their face.

That's also something that works well - staggering (other games I've played in the past, the melee enemy would be free to hit me while literally swallowing lead). Do enough damage in a short amount of time and enemies can be stunned, staggered or knocked back. They'll also seek better cover or hide while healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Personally, for the first run I am going with Nomad Street Samurai type (ie melee and guns), purely because it feels like something a Nomad would be better at than netrunning. There will be some cyberhacking obviously, but that will be the focus on the 2nd character. Any suggestions/discussion on relevant builds or any hints and tips would be welcome.
    Mostly been trying a jack of all trades build - but so far at only level 10, it hasn't got an expansive toolset yet.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

So why am I gonna fuss about trying to hack a TV for 5 minutes when I have a rocket launcher in my arm, an uzi with homing bullets, and a sniper rifle that shoots through walls. Run it.
    Excellent, this is usually my preferred playstyle so I'm looking forward to a hilarious "blow up ALL THE THINGS AND CONSEQUENCES BE DAMNED" playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I'm tempted to avoid them - I turned off aim assist from the beginning, and have been sticking to power weapons (I like the single shot pistols, full auto SMGs/ARs). I love it when you're picking at an enemy and they rush you, and as they round the corner you empty an SMG in their face.

That's also something that works well - staggering (other games I've played in the past, the melee enemy would be free to hit me while literally swallowing lead). Do enough damage in a short amount of time and enemies can be stunned, staggered or knocked back. They'll also seek better cover or hide while healing.
    I was messing around with handguns and trying to be stealthy/hacky for a bit. But realized this kinda sucked and laying waste to everything was so efficient and profitable, I just been doing that.

I walked into an area where some guys in Chinatown had 3-star bounties on them, about 6 or so. Literally did an 80s action movie move where I cranked out the Uzi unleashed and they all dropped dead in seconds. I just pointed in their general direction.

Another thing, this is yet another game where I am collecting scrap/junk and upcycling it to some other thing. So many games have me collecting fucking BITS nonstop. Sweet maple syrup, come up with a new mechanism already.

Still, it's all a lot of fun.

So there is a sniper in the game that lets just say if you want something dead it kills it anywhere, including though buildings lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Smart weapons combined with perks does seem to be a little to powerful. It feels a little like cheating even though it is part of the way the weapons work. I have the eye mod that makes all weapons non-lethal and smart weapons target limbs but the headshot bonus you can get pretty easily isn't worth giving up. Not sure how that mod really works since it seemed to kill things still and a quest that asked for non-lethal registered it as normal.

Either it is bugged or only works with smart weapons which I didn't have at the time. I also out level the starting areas now so most things drop. I do wish that grenades were more useful since they often aggro the cops because you damaged a civilian or car or something. The crafting perks do help you keep your favorite look/items upgraded.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So if cyberpunk doesnt work well on the xbox one then i guess i wont be playing it.

well i hope everyone else is having fun with it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got a 1GB update to CP2077 no idea what that means.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I just got a 1GB update to CP2077 no idea what that means.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/12...epilepsy-issue

Epilepsy fix/warning, lots of other stuff including fixing some of the music copyright stuff in the "streamer friendly" version.

I haven't decided if I like this game yet or not.

The bugs kind of bug me, but I think it's the overall clunky behavior of the game that keeps me on the fence. For something in development so long, it's baffling that so little time seems to have been spent on tuning user interaction and general user experience. I think this is the first game I've played in years where the default keys are in conflict - C crouches and skips dialogue? A lot of keys desperately do need to be consolidated, but that's just a goofy choice.

Plays really smoothly, though. I was surprised to read so many reports about poor performance. Apparently my GTX 1070 is carrying all of the weight, because every other component in my computer is about 8 years old but runs this thing flawlessly on Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Honestly after trying a pure guns playstyle on my first ditched character, the mix of handguns, katanas and hacking of my current one feels much, much better, almost as if the game was meant to be played that way. Flashbang grenade into slicing and dicing feels so cool and is very, very effective as katanas have better DPS than any gun looks like, and stagger enemies easily. Handgun for when there are too many enemies, and hacking for sticky situations. Being able to lower enemy resistances resistances (even at very low skill levels, 30% less resistance over an entire squad is no joke) and disable the weapons of guys with LMGs and such saved my bacon quite a few times.
    Yeah, I feel like I might end up with more hacking than I originally planned purely because it lets you deal with situations in a much cleaner way than simply shooting or melee. At least that's my impression so far, even though I haven't done too much combat yet because I like just going around exploring Night City.

A question about the events that pop up: if you get involved and shoot members of X Gang, let's say Tiger Claws, does anyone know if they hold a beef against you or do you simply build/destroy relations with the gangs via specific quests only?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    C crouches and skips dialogue? A lot of keys desperately do need to be consolidated, but that's just a goofy choice.
    You can also hit control but it is only useful to stand back up during dialogue. Since control is a crouch with C being a toggle for stealth. I am pretty sure stealth works the same either way so it is a little weird to have a difference instead of just a toggle in settings for hold to crouch or press to stay crouched.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can kill a cop and craft up one of the batons to insane DPS and it's non-lethal too. My husband made one that is like 900 DPS.

Whoa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    A question about the events that pop up: if you get involved and shoot members of X Gang, let's say Tiger Claws, does anyone know if they hold a beef against you or do you simply build/destroy relations with the gangs via specific quests only?
    So far it doesn't seem like it has an effect. I haven't been attacked on sight by anyone unless I was in a hostile area. Even some of the crime scenes I can walk up and start blasting pretty close. But now that I have a smart pistol I have stopped caring about stealth in most cases and just do a scan to double check level since I've died a few times from stopping in a new part of town to do stuff and not realizing that they are so far above my level they will basically one shot me.

I walked into an area where some guys in Chinatown had 3-star bounties on them, about 6 or so. Literally did an 80s action movie move where I cranked out the Uzi unleashed and they all dropped dead in seconds. I just pointed in their general direction.
    I was in Jig Jig Street, looking for the ripperdoc, and some thugs stopped me outside the clinic asking why I was there. I was about to stop, explain etc... and it just occurred to me... who gives a fuck? Emptied my SMG into the face of the first guy - the other two haven't even stood up yet and I throw a grenade at their feet. Reinforcements behind get quickhacked while I dealt with the guys picking themselves up off the floor. Wasn't quite as short as a conversation, but it was a lot more fun.

And the XBD seller got a bullet in his skull - a bug let me loot everything he had, including eddies and the stuff I'd just sold him from the thugs, and still converse with him.

Also - do the Delamain side missions. There's a GLaDOS cameo with cake.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

15+ Year Old Account
    You can kill a cop and craft up one of the batons to insane DPS and it's non-lethal too. My husband made one that is like 900 DPS. Whoa.
    I have a pretty nice epic stun baton. Just waiting on more mats to keep it updated since it has two types of +60 damage.

I just want an option to switch off TAA, then I can play.

Honestly I'm not even angry anymore that Cyberpunk 2077 turned out to be not what I expected. Just disappointed. Disappointed that the trend in gaming is making big AAA games with no identity. Give me a concentrated 5 hour experience with tight gameplay, not hundreds of hours of meandering about.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 hour experience wouldn't be at 60 USD.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I have a pretty nice epic stun baton. Just waiting on more mats to keep it updated since it has two types of +60 damage.
    Yea, but this is like a white green one. It's way more powerful than my knives and Leg baseball bat.