Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Even the ps4 pro doesnt meet the min requirements to play the game and you complain it doesnt run well.
    It meets the min requirements because it was released on the platform. If they couldn't get it to run on the PS4 then it should have never released on it. This game looks no where near as good as TLOU2 and GoW and yet runs much much worse.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, but buy a new system then. That crap is a generation old. Of course it runs bad on that.
    I have a PS5. There is no PS5 edition. It runs the super duper broken PS4 version.

So...... what was your point again?

Game shouldn't been released on this state. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You can intsall it on a 15 year old PC as well but it won't run well.
    Don't be childish, just buy a new PC or a PS5. It's as simple as that.
    A 15 year old PC doesn't meet the min spec for it, So it wouldn't be expected to run on that hardware.

Holy shit the amount of bending over people are doing for CDPR is amazing. If this was EA or Ubisoft you all would be holding their feet to the fire. Since the defenders of CDPR is here ill see myself out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you can't get the game to run decent on the hardware you released it on, Don't release it on said hardware.
    PLenty of videos of it running okay on ps4 and ps4 pro. Obviously your mileage will vary depending on how old your console is, ex dust, thermal paste etc. If youre getting 15fps, your console is probably beeing thermally throttled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Soooo...how is the game next gen when the box it's sold in and only version available on the PS says PS4?

The PS5 and XSX version isn't due out till 2021.
    The ps4 doesnt even meet the min requirements to run the game let alone run it well, there is not even many game available solely for the ps5 as it is so that is irrelevant.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    PLenty of videos of it running okay on ps4 and ps4 pro. Obviously your mileage will vary depending on how old your console is, ex dust, thermal paste etc. If youre getting 15fps, your console is probably beeing thermally throttled.
    That's not what pretty much every single youtuber reviewing it is showing. So where are these videos your talking about where it runs well?

Right, theyre getting 20-30 fps on the ps4 pro.. you expect more? They even explain that that was normal for GTA5 on ps3.. Seems like you guys expected something you probably shouldnt have

The ps4 doesnt even meet the min requirements to run the game let alone run it well, there is not even many game available solely for the ps5 as it is so that is irrelevant.
    ????

That sentence doesn't even make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, theyre getting 20-30 fps on the ps4 pro.. you expect more? They even explain that that was normal for GTA5 on ps3.. Seems like you guys expected something you probably shouldnt have
    Cool so we agree, CDPR purposely mislead the public and flat out lie, just to make a sale.

Does explain why their stock is tanking and their reputation is ruined.

A 15 year old PC doesn't meet the min spec for it, So it wouldn't be expected to run on that hardware.

Holy shit the amount of bending over people are doing for CDPR is amazing. If this was EA or Ubisoft you all would be holding their feet to the fire. Since the defenders of CDPR is here ill see myself out.
    Not sure why you didn't just run from the conversation long ago since you play the game on a PS5 and none of this discussion even affects you. You're too interested in just proving yourself right.

Kind of odd when you complain about people bending over for them when some are just enjoying the game they purchased and the ones who don't say they are returning it. I don't see anyone else buying two copies of it for console and PC such as yourself. Who's really bending over for them, the guy who purchased the game TWICE to give them double the money?

FYI, I watched a streamer on twitch play the game on base xbox one for several hours and while the visuals weren't all that great he never ran into any major issues, at least during my viewing...it was certainly playable by the looks of it.

It meets the min requirements because it was released on the platform. If they couldn't get it to run on the PS4 then it should have never released on it. This game looks no where near as good as TLOU2 and GoW and yet runs much much worse.
    There are min requirements for a reason and the old gen consoles are just not good enough to play the game the way its meant to be played, being released on a platform doesnt meet it meets those requirements or that the game has been optismised to run on the ps4.

If you have a PC and are not playing it on the PC then its your fault if your having issues.

????

That sentence doesn't even make any sense.
    There is min requirements to run the game on a PC, just because its a console it doesnt change those requirements, one of the requirements is an SSD drive which ps4 doesnt have, not even the CPU and GPU in the ps4 come close enough to what is required.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-12 at 01:51 AM.

this a crap show.
    wasnt the Xbox one and the PS4 suppose to be the base with the series X and PS5 being the port?
    this seems backwards.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    this a crap show.
    wasnt the Xbox one and the PS4 suppose to be the base with the series X and PS5 being the port?
    this seems backwards.
    PC is the base and console versions are the port, thats why the PC version runs pretty damn good.

People do have a right their product to work as advertised and guess what Cyberpunk doesn't.
    Was it actually advertised to run at a given framerate on a specific platform under specific conditions or even just generally to run at such & such settings? Really?

I'd like to see this monumental error in marketing CDPR would have made if this is in fact true. Otherwise, nah.

Its so broke they didn't allow people to even review it on PS4/XB1 until the embargo lifted on release day.
    That's not even relevant. You don't have any proof of that and there could be any reason they, CDPR, have for not allowing their product to be used in any way they wish. That is actually a right they have, and they don't even have to justify it to you or me.

PC is the base and console versions are the port, thats why the PC version runs pretty damn good.
    i wasnt talking about PC i was talking about consoles.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

There are min requirements for a reason and the old gen consoles are just not good enough to play the game the way its meant to be played, being released on a platform doesnt meet it meets those requirements or that the game has been optismised to run on the ps4.

If you have a PC and are not playing it on the PC then its your fault if your having issues.
    What kind of backwards ass logic is this?

If a company advertises a game for a certain platform, it is the job of the developer to optimize it for that platform. Period. Why are we making excuses for CDPR here? It was their job to make the game work for older consoles and they failed to do so. It is unacceptable.

There is min requirements to run the game on a PC, just because its a console it doesnt change those requirements, one of the requirements is an SSD drive which ps4 doesnt have, not even the CPU and GPU in the ps4 come close enough to what is required.
    So, if the game says it's made for the PS4 and it doesn't work on the PS4 its the buyer's fault and not CDPR?

You know how stupid that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    What kind of backwards ass logic is this?

If a company advertises a game for a certain platform, it is the job of the developer to optimize it for that platform. Period. Why are we making excuses for CDPR here? It was their job to make the game work for older consoles and they failed to do so. It is unacceptable.
    They didnt say it would run well on an old system did they, the game is designed to be played on a PC, there would be complaining no matter what if they decided not to release for consoles and just have it on PC, the game has already been delayed, the game has min requirements to run for a reason and since its a next gen game its even more difficult to optimise it to run on old consoles, if your not playing it on PC you choose the wrong system to play it on.

So, if the game says it's made for the PS4 and it doesn't work on the PS4 its the buyer's fault and not CDPR?

You know how stupid that sounds?
    Its not made for the ps4 its made for the PC and next gen consoles thats why the min requirements are pretty high even for a PC, they probably just released it on all platforms because gamers are going to whine anyway.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-12 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's not even relevant. You don't have any proof of that and there could be any reason they, CDPR, have for not allowing their product to be used in any way they wish. That is actually a right they have, and they don't even have to justify it to you or me.
    Actually they did cover it up by not releasing any console codes. CDPR's rep right now is pretty much crap and their stock is reflecting that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a next-gen game. Development started before either next-gen console was announced or the console makers were talking to anyone back in 2012.

They may have moved to a next-gen priority after that was announced (sure looks like it), but they released the game on current-gen to take advantage of that install base and get early sales rather than push PC our or only launch on PC.

It's very much "on them" for the problems on the baseline hardware, they've known what they were working with since pre-production began.
    Oh I agree that they've really dropped the ball, but I still think it's silly for anyone to expect a game released on the heels of the next gen launch, to be optimized for last generation. I can see why they released it for last generation systems but it doesn't mean that it was a good idea to do so. They should have known how demanding the engine is for this game, at some point within the last year they should have been able to recognize that maybe putting the work into it wasn't going to be worth it if the performance wasn't good enough, which it clearly isn't.

Were it me, I'd have probably said that next gen should have been the focus, even when they were delaying the game a year ago. But considering the game crashes a lot on the next gen consoles, it seems like they dropped the ball all across the board.