View Poll Results: blood elves must be a horde race?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • I like blood elves in the horde

103 66.88%
  • I prefer ogres or other race

51 33.12%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Blood elves were introduced to offset the massive faction imbalance in classic. They're not gonna get rid of blood elves.

I never really got why people are so hung up on this kind of stuff. I like the Horde because it looks like a hodgepodge of a bunch of different races that are banding together under one banner. Having one or two races that are humanlike just makes the contrast larger and racial dynamics more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd like to keep Belves, and actually see Silvermoon be fixed after what... a decade + now?
    I can understand them doing what Mace & Ravenmoon suggest with Nightborne, might even make sense, but blood elves have been in the horde so long, wouldn't it be just as negative a thing to do, even if it is to "fix the faction balance and identity?"

And there is no guarantee it would work either. People have grown awfully attached to the blood elves. To wake up and find out that most of the blood elves in Quel'thalas and Silvermoon have decided to return to being high elves, and only a few remain on the horde could be very upsetting.

I'm not sure it's the right course of action at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I can understand them doing what Mace & Ravenmoon suggest with Nightborne, might even make sense, but blood elves have been in the horde so long, wouldn't it be just as negative a thing to do, even if it is to "fix the faction balance and identity?"

And there is no guarantee it would work either. People have grown awfully attached to the blood elves. To wake up and find out that most of the blood elves in Quel'thalas and Silvermoon have decided to return to being high elves, and only a few remain on the horde could be very upsetting.

If such were to happen, it would be nowhere near as traumatic as destroying Teldrassil and wiping out the majority of the Night elves - for the sole purpose of a titillating story. @Rhlor 's suggestion of how the San'layn come to be includes a similar murder option of blood elves - which frankly I don't support.

Furthermore revitalising the dead alliance, restoring equity between the factions and their identity allowing them to once more become the separate entities they have been previously I think is a much bigger incentive an motive than just writing a titillating story. And the writers can make the event titillating too. That's what they're hired for anyway, to be creative.

I think the reaction would actually be good for the game, fans would despise the high elves (former blood elves) for turning their back on the horde, and hate the alliance more, while other horde fans will celebrate them leaving. What's left of them would fade to the background in favour of more Troll/orc/tuaren/goblin etc assets. Or would transform into something darker or at least different, not alliance. Even if they keep the same models, a transformed blood elf horde remnant could also add interesting and cool dark features players have the options of adding. Ones that high elves on the alliance won't have.

Now I do feel a very small proportion of horde elf fans, fanatical about horde blood elves might be disappointed, but I suspect hese are the ones that will follow these blood elves turned high elves again back tot he alliance - and I think they are the core you want back on the alliance from the horde that will raise the alliance numbers, especially at end game.

I'm going to ask you a question. Do you know what is the essence of the characterization of the blood elves? the reason for the existence of the blood elves? what is the motivation of the blood elves?

blood elves are those who are willing to do whatever it takes to save quelthalas, while high elves put their alliance or their personal feelings of hatred towards the orcs or not wanting to eat Mana wyrm first. the blood elves, on the other hand, are willing to make any sacrifice to go through any humiliation if with that they can save quelthalas.

if to save quelthalas the blood elves have to eat Mana wyrm they will! if to save quelthalas the blood elves have to ally with the horde they will. because for a blood elf there is nothing more important than quelthalas.

That is what it means to be a blood elf, to be a blood elf is to put quelthalas always first, it is unwavering loyalty to the nation.

If the alliance invades quelthalas all the blood elves will fight until their last breath defending their kingdom. if quelthalas joins the alliance all blood elves will be part of the alliance. because the loyalty of the blood elves will always be to quelthalas not to any faction only to quelthalas.

this has nothing to do with factions, this has nothing to do with faction identity. this has to do with race identity of what it means to be a blood elf.
    quelthalas and blood elves are the same thing because without blood elves quelthalas would be a kingdom of scourge and silvermoon would be ruins. and all it means to be a blood elf is to seek salvation and safety from quelthalas. you cannot take quelthalas out of the blood elves without exterminating the entire race.

The blood elves being a broken people and on the brink of extinction they fought against the scourge, the amani and the night elves to save quelthalas. the blood elves will never leave quelthalas is their home and always will be.

you want quelthalas to go to the alliance, the blood elves as a race must be eliminated from the horde and another race must replace them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If such were to happen, it would be nowhere near as traumatic as destroying Teldrassil and wiping out the majority of the Night elves - for the sole purpose of a titillating story. @Rhlor 's suggestion of how the San'layn come to be includes a similar murder option of blood elves - which frankly I don't support.

Furthermore revitalising the dead alliance, restoring equity between the factions and their identity allowing them to once more become the separate entities they have been previously I think is a much bigger incentive an motive than just writing a titillating story. And the writers can make the event titillating too. That's what they're hired for anyway, to be creative.

I think the reaction would actually be good for the game, fans would despise the high elves (former blood elves) for turning their back on the horde, and hate the alliance more, while other horde fans will celebrate them leaving. What's left of them would fade to the background in favour of more Troll/orc/tuaren/goblin etc assets. Or would transform into something darker or at least different, not alliance. Even if they keep the same models, a transformed blood elf horde remnant could also add interesting and cool dark features players have the options of adding. Ones that high elves on the alliance won't have.

Now I do feel a very small proportion of horde elf fans, fanatical about horde blood elves might be disappointed, but I suspect hese are the ones that will follow these blood elves turned high elves again back tot he alliance - and I think they are the core you want back on the alliance from the horde that will raise the alliance numbers, especially at end game.
    the blood elves will not change their name, it is in honor of the fallen and their ancestors highborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I'm going to ask you a question. Do you know what is the essence of the characterization of the blood elves? the reason for the existence of the blood elves? what is the motivation of the blood elves?
    From a development perspective? or from an in-game narrative one?

blood elves are those who are willing to do whatever it takes to save quelthalas, while high elves put their alliance or their personal feelings of hatred towards the orcs or not wanting to eat Mana wyrm first. the blood elves, on the other hand, are willing to make any sacrifice to go through any humiliation if with that they can save quelthalas.

if to save quelthalas the blood elves have to eat Mana wyrm they will! if to save quelthalas the blood elves have to ally with the horde they will. because for a blood elf there is nothing more important than quelthalas.
    I think survival was the main motivation - at least initially blood elves were framed as more self concerned, the need to survive is very strong in the elves as it is in humans - something we all can relate too.

It amounted to, I'd rather suck mana out of people than die - to ensure my survival. it's odd though that Nightborne and Kaldorei kind consider such things deplorable. Valtrois was aghast by simply having to use a lesser mana stream from the leylines - she referred to it as bottom feeding, and the mana sucking mindlessenss of the withering was the worse horror imaginable to the nobility.

The high elves felt their morality was just as important, following the adage that manners maketh man.

The way blizzard told the story, the blood elves for the most part only had a name change. However the upper echelons, leadership circle like Kael'thas and co were willing to go much further to ensure the hunger pangs went.

The high elves did not view it as a survival matter, but an addiction matter, the blood elf leadership interpreted it as a survival matter.

I would need high elf fans to correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm trying to be impartial.

That is what it means to be a blood elf, to be a blood elf is to put quelthalas always first, it is unwavering loyalty to the nation.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a key tenet of the high elves? I haven't seen anything that emphasises this more in the blood elves over the high elves. This is because I view the high elves as being loyal to all the tenets of Quel'thalas, and not changing from any of them post scourge. Whereas the blood elves initially changed much of the moral parts their ideology according to blizzards own words (presumably to justify using fel - as a matter of survival). In fact, the blood elves hate their former high elven view points and attitudes, and blame that morality or naivete for the reason why they got decimated by the scourge.

High elves view that as the core of what defines them, and feel the blood elf stance as unforgivable. It's a minor philosophical difference.

They both care of their home deeply, but in order to keep the unity, Lor'themar had to drive out the minority high elf influences. I feel he must have felt Quel'thlaas couldn't heal with them around, it would be too divided.

However I believe all Thalassians deeply care for the high home.

The motivation for the high elves being with the Alliance, is not a betrayal of their home, but rather they feel they have no choice, and they seek help to be able to reclaim their home. If you feel that their Alliance allegiance is because they don't care about Quel'thalas, then you're being a bit blinded by partisanship. The in-game blood elves are supposed to view it that way, not you and I who have a broader view of the whole picture.

Ofc we can take sides. I prefer the blood elf side and agree with it, but that doesn't mean I can't see where the high elves are coming from or that this is basically the same people with minor philosophical differences, centred around a brief period.

Blood elves felt it was necessary to go the direction they did to survive, high elves feel it contradicted everything they stood for. That period ended when the Sunwell was restored, and most Thalassians are pretty much what they've always been.

If the alliance invades quelthalas all the blood elves will fight until their last breath defending their kingdom. if quelthalas joins the alliance all blood elves will be part of the alliance. because the loyalty of the blood elves will always be to quelthalas not to any faction only to quelthalas.
    Don't worry the alliance isn't invading Quel'thalas, you've been listening to too much Ravenmoon. But bear in mind that the high elves would also defend their homeland to their death, and that's exactly what they did in Wc2 and WC3. Remember it's the blood elves that changed a bit - the story tells of the blood elf changing away from the original high elf, not those that remain high elf - you can't really put that on them, so it is they who you might wonder about whether they would fight to the end. But you have correctly observed they would.

I agree.

this has nothing to do with factions, this has nothing to do with faction identity. this has to do with race identity of what it means to be a blood elf.
    quelthalas and blood elves are the same thing because without blood elves quelthalas would be a kingdom of scourge and silvermoon would be ruins. and all it means to be a blood elf is to seek salvation and safety from quelthalas. you cannot take quelthalas out of the blood elves without exterminating the entire race.
    I agree with you here, without a doubt. But I also don't think you are getting what the Raver is talking.

The blood elves being a broken people and on the brink of extinction they fought against the scourge, the amani and the night elves to save quelthalas. the blood elves will never leave quelthalas is their home and always will be.
    Nor will the high elves. Elf people are very particular about their stuff xD

you want quelthalas to go to the alliance, the blood elves as a race must be eliminated from the horde and another race must replace them.

the blood elves will not change their name, it is in honor of the fallen and their ancestors highborne
    From what I understood, he expects the blood elves to re-identify as high elves and align with the alliance - that's very different from eliminating the blood elves. HE seems to ant their presence on the horde diminished, but this happens by them choosing to returnin to being high elves rather than mass slaughter or trying to seize Quelt'halas.

I remember Ravenmoon wanting the alliance to attack Quel'thalas, and either 1. Conquer it so the high elves on the alliance get it, or 2. the blood elves and high elves call a cease fire and declare Qeult'halas sanctuary, with both sides administering the city.

So this seems a very different approach from him... seeming feeling the majority of the Thalassians will re-identify as High elves. I can understand why he feels that way, because they are already operating as high elves in all but name. It's been the biggest criticism of the blood elves for a while now from traditionalists and older fans. It actually feels that many might be on the verge of saying you know what, we've mourned enough, the period is over for us, we're high elves.

Now, this is all wishful thinking ofc, blizzard hasn't written what the current climate is in Quel'thalas. We only get to see the leaders, and soldiers. Every time they show us the citizens though, they do feel awfully high elven, it's not hard to believe that they'd do this, or it would take little for them to just go, "you know what, had enough of the horde, it's just not us - let's join Alleria"

Their loyalty is to Silvermoon and Quel'thalas, and their ideals moreso than it is the horde or alliance. I do wonder if they perceive that their ideals are far more inline with the Draenei, high elves, humans, even Highborne and void elves, the matter would be simple.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-12-12 at 02:58 AM.

Now imagine the polls if no blood elves could vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Fuck every part of that nonsense.

From a development perspective? or from an in-game narrative one?

I think survival was the main motivation - at least initially blood elves were framed as more self concerned, the need to survive is very strong in the elves as it is in humans - something we all can relate too.

It amounted to, I'd rather suck mana out of people than die - to ensure my survival. it's odd though that Nightborne and Kaldorei kind consider such things deplorable. Valtrois was aghast by simply having to use a lesser mana stream from the leylines - she referred to it as bottom feeding, and the mana sucking mindlessenss of the withering was the worse horror imaginable to the nobility.

The high elves felt their morality was more important or just as important, following the adage that manners maketh man.

The way blizzard told the story, the blood elves for the most part only had a name change. However the upper echilons, leadership circle like Kael'thas and co were willing to go much further to ensure the hunger pangs went.

The high elves did not view it as a survival matter, but an addiction matter, the blood elf leadership interpreted it as a survival matter.

I would need high elf fans to correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm trying to be impartial.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that a key tenet of the high elves? I ahvne't seen anything that emphasises this more in the blood elves over the high elves. THis is because I view the high elves as being loyal to all the tenets of Quel'thalas, and not changing them post scourge. Whereas the blood elves initially changed much of their ideology according to blizzards own words. In fact, the blood elves hate their former high elven view points and attitudes, and blame that morality for the reason why they got decimated by the scourge.

high elves view that as the core of what defines them, and feel the blood elf stance as unforgivable. It's a minor philosophical difference.

they both care of their home deeply, but in order to keep the unity, Lor'themar had to drive out the minority high elf influences. I feel he must have felt Quel'thlaas couldn't heal with them around, it would be too divided.

However I believe all Thalassians deeply care for the high home.

The motivation for the high elves being with the Alliance, is not a betrayal of their home, but rather they have no choice, and they seek help to be able to reclaim their home. If you feel that their Alliance allegiance is because they don't care about Quel'thalas, then you're being a bit blinded by partisanship. The in-game blood elves are supposed to view it that way, not you and I who have a broader view of the whole picture.

Ofc we can take sides. I prefer the blood elf side and agree with it, but that doesn't mean I can't see where the high elves are coming from or that this is basically the same people with minor philosophical differences, centred around a brief period.

Blood elves felt it was necessary to go the direction they did to survive, high elves feel it contradicted everything they stood for. That period ended when the Sunwell was restored, and most Thalassians are pretty much what they've always been.

Don't worry the alliance isn't invading Quel'thalas, you've been listening to too much Ravenmoon. But bear in mind that the high elves would also defend their homeland to their death, and that's exactly what they did in Wc2 and WC3. Remember it's the blood elves that changed a bit, so it is they who you might wonder about whether they would fight to the end. But you have correctly observed they would.

I agree.

I agree with you here, without a doubt. But I also don't think you are getting what the Raver is talking.

Nor will the high elves. Elf people are very particular about their stuff xD

From what I understood, he expects the blood elves to re-identify as high elves and align with the alliance - that's very different from eliminating the blood elves. HE seems to ant their presence on the horde diminished, but this happens by them choosing to returnin to being high elves rather than mass slaughter or trying to seize Quelt'halas.

I remember Ravenmoon wanting the alliance to attack Quel'thalas, and either 1. Conquer it so the high elves on the alliance get it, or 2. the blood elves and high elves call a cease fire and declare Qeult'halas sanctuary, with both sides administring the city.

so this seems avery different approach from him... seeming feeling the majority of the Thalassians will re-identify as High elves. I can understand why he feels that way, because they are already operating as high elves in all but name. It's been the biggest criticism of the blood elves for a while now from traditionalists and older fans. It actually feels that many might be on the verge of saying you know what, we've mourned enough, the period is over for us, we're high elves.

Now, this is all wishful thinking ofc, blizzard hasn't written what the current climate is in Quel'thalas. We only get to see the leaders, and soldiers. Everytime they show us the citizens though, they do feel awfully high elven, it's not hard to bleeive that they'd do this, or it would take little for them to just go, "you know what, had enough of the horde, it's just not us - let's join Alleria"

Their loyalty is to Silvermoon and Quel'thalas, and their ideals moreso than it is the horde or alliance. I do wonder if they perceive that their ideals are far more inline with the Draenei, high elves, humans, even Highborne and void elves, the matter would be simple.
    the elves of the alliance who call themselves high elves preferred to leave quelthalas than to do whatever it takes to save the kingdom. that's the ideological difference between a high elf and a blood elf, blood elves are only loyal to quelthalas.

blood elves value quelthalas survival above high elves moral notions. Or is it not easier to live in Dalaran than in a destroyed kingdom dominated by the scourge and attacked by the Amani? A blood elf is willing to make any sacrifice to save quelthalas.

by the way I think you confuse the non-playable blood elves of kaelthas with the playable blood elves of the horde. and here we are talking about those blood elves.

actually many of the npcs high elves of the alliance are the high elves who had originally already left quelthalas after Anasterian left the alliance. that is, people who leave their nation in order to live in the territory of the alliance.

High elves in general never liked the alliance, mainly anasterian and almost everyone was happy to leave the alliance.

the high elves put their morale above the salvation of quelthalas, the high elves prefer to abandon quelthalas to take whatever measures are necessary to save quelthalas. High elves can import quelthalas but they don't care as much as a blood elf. For a high elf the alliance, hatred of the horde and not eating Mana wrym is more important than quelthalas. because if quelthalas were as important to them as it is to a blood elf they wouldn't have left.

you did the heritage armor quest?

I am a traditionalist I love the blood elves and that is why if one day quelthalas changed to the alliance they would have to disappear from the horde because the reason for the existence of the blood elves is the salvation and protection of quelthalas. the blood elves are high elves by another name, they are the group of high elves that are most loyal to quelthalas.

If you want the blood elves to change their name that is to eliminate the blood elves, because there would no longer be elves that use the name blood elf.

the elves of the alliance who call themselves high elves preferred to leave quelthalas than to do whatever it takes to save the kingdom. that's the ideological difference between a high elf and a blood elf, blood elves are only loyal to quelthalas.

blood elves value quelthalas survival above high elves moral notions. Or is it not easier to live in Dalaran than in a destroyed kingdom dominated by the scourge and attacked by the Amani? A blood elf is willing to make any sacrifice to save quelthalas.

by the way I think you confuse the non-playable blood elves of kaelthas with the playable blood elves of the horde. and here we are talking about those blood elves.

actually many of the npcs high elves of the alliance are the high elves who had originally already left quelthalas after Anasterian left the alliance. that is, people who leave their nation in order to live in the territory of the alliance.

High elves in general never liked the alliance, mainly anasterian and almost everyone was happy to leave the alliance.

the high elves put their morale above the salvation of quelthalas, the high elves prefer to abandon quelthalas to take whatever measures are necessary to save quelthalas. High elves can import quelthalas but they don't care as much as a blood elf. For a high elf the alliance, hatred of the horde and not eating Mana wrym is more important than quelthalas. because if quelthalas were as important to them as it is to a blood elf they wouldn't have left.

you did the heritage armor quest?

I am a traditionalist I love the blood elves and that is why if one day quelthalas changed to the alliance they would have to disappear from the horde because the reason for the existence of the blood elves is the salvation and protection of quelthalas. the blood elves are high elves by another name, they are the group of high elves that are most loyal to quelthalas.

If you want the blood elves to change their name that is to eliminate the blood elves, because there would no longer be elves that use the name blood elf.
    It's not about liking the alliance. The Gilneans didn't like the alliance, the Kul'tirans left them - many alliance races and nations don't always like the alliance and have their motivation for leaving, etc, but the alliance has certain characteristics thatdefine both it's theme and identity, it's nature and character - and the Thalassians and humans are two races that are in that mould, whether some nations amongst them are officially signed on to the alliance or not.

Even the high elves currently aren't actively alliance. They are largely alliance loyal, but they sit in neutrality in Dalaran most of the time, and only very few sign on us fighters for the alliance. Even the Silver covenant is neutral last I checked. Alleria nad the void elves were the first to break the stalemate and go full alliance since Wc3.

I'm a modernist, I'm fine with things the way they are. I want a good story, but if you affect my fave race, you better give em something better or make them come about better than they left of, or you'll have me to answer to. To me, all the drama about alliance or horde is just narrative. I actually now view them all the same race. I have full access to the race on the horde, so I play that more

I am also tired of alliance horde bashing so I stick up for the horde more. But tbh, I care more for the the Thalassians than any other group. I personally feel they should be their own faction.

3+ Year Old Account
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I play BE why would you want to expell BE from the Hotde...
    he says he doesn't want to
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

It's not about liking the alliance. The Gilneans didn't like the alliance, the Kul'tirans left them - many alliance races and nations don't always like the alliance and have their motivation for leaving, etc, but the alliance has certain characteristics thatdefine both it's theme and identity, it's nature and character - and the Thalassians and humans are two races that are in that mould, whether some nations amongst them are officially signed on to the alliance or not.

Even the high elves currently aren't actively alliance. They are largely alliance loyal, but they sit in neutrality in Dalaran most of the time, and only very few sign on us fighters for the alliance. Even the Silver covenant is neutral last I checked. Alleria nad the void elves were the first to break the stalemate and go full alliance since Wc3.

I'm a modernist, I'm fine with things the way they are. I want a good story, but if you affect my fave race, you better give em something better or make them come about better than they left of, or you'll have me to answer to. To me, all the drama about alliance or horde is just narrative. I actually now view them all the same race. I have full access to the race on the horde, so I play that more

I am also tired of alliance horde bashing so I stick up for the horde more. But tbh, I care more for the the Thalassians than any other group. I personally feel they should be their own faction.

I ask you again now do you understand what is the essence of the blood elves? what is its characteristic theme? Why is raven's proposing so ridiculous? after all they suffered, after all the sacrifice and struggle to save quelthalas. do you think the blood elves would abandon the kingdom for which they fought so much and the sunwell?
    the only possible solution to raven's request is this the blood elves must be eliminated from the horde.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    That's a loose interpretation of their history. They had formed Alliances with the Human kingdom of Arathor during the troll wars 2800 years before the Orcs arrived. Made alliances with the Wildhammer dwarves and when the first war broke out, joined the alliance of all the current Alliance factions and remained until the end of the second war. They may have been loose members but they remained until after the third war had ended. Even if you only count it from the first war it to them leaving was like 30 years.
    umm nope, Silvermoon proper only joined around year 4 and officially left at year 6

then only a few months in year 21

then 20 seconds in MoP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    My Blood Elf has literally bled for the Horde, saved the world multiple times and fought Alliance on every front possible.
    Now, you want to expel Blood Elves from the Horde?
    Literally my character could solo every faction leader at the power level I am currently at, come at me and try your chances to get me out of my home.
    he literally says he himself is against the idea

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Having Blood Elves on the Horde side is most definitely a necessity.

I've written this enough times but I don't think I have said it here. So here it is for the record.

The Horde need a hot alien race in the future. Alliance is beating them in the space-race so hard. That it is crippling and ridiculous. Alliance have super charged crusaders of space: Lightforged Draenei and now Void Elves which are Space Elves.

Horde only has Orcs and they do not tear open rifts through the fabric of space, or have a huge spaceship.

I say Horde gets a smexy alien race next. Sidenote; fix the Nightborne.. anyways compensate the Alliance with receiving some type of ancient beings from Azeroth. They must be hot too. "You sound bias" No, the last playable race Alliance received was Mechagnomes... that can't even mog properly. For real tho.

Blizzard has to give both factions some playable races that they know without a doubt that we are gonna want to make.
    TBC comes to mind with Blood Elves and Draenei.
    we could given them the former forms of the Sayaad. Blood Elves and pre-Sayaad would look so good together

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Having one or two races that are humanlike just makes the contrast larger and racial dynamics more interesting.
    Alteraci Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Maybe San'layn? I never saw the appeal of ogres honestly. Could you imagine the armor stretching?

The blood elves are alright, but kind of suffered from their biggest arc happening in their first expansion. The Purge of Dalaran made for some tasty storytelling though and I'm glad that's still had repercussions into now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.