Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - December 11, 2020

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - December 11, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements

• Players that die during the Stone Legion Generals encounter in Castle Nathria will now properly earn the Feed Me, Seymour! achievement with the rest of their raid.

Classes

• Tank Specializations
      • [With regional restarts] Threat generation for all Tanks increased by 10%.
    • Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Unholy
        • [With regional restarts] Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 15%.
        • [With regional restarts] Blood Boil damage increased by 10%.
        • [With regional restarts] Heart Strike damage increased by 15%.
        • [With regional restarts] Marrowrend damage increased by 10%.
        • [With regional restarts] Death Strike damage increased by 5%.
    • Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Havoc
        • [With regional restarts] All damage abilities increased by 5%.
    • Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Assassination
    • Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Restoration
        • [With regional restarts] All healing abilities reduced by 4%.
        • [With regional restarts] Healing Rain reduced by an additional 10%.
    • Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Destruction
        • [With regional restarts] Chaos Bolt damage increased by 22%.
    • Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Arms
        • [With regional restarts] Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Damage reduced by an equivalent amount in PvP.
        • [With regional restarts] Slam (Rank 3) now increases Slam’s damage by 50% (was 25%).
      • Fury

Covenants

• Kyrian
      • Captured Forgehands should be more reliable during the quest "Stewards of a Feather."
      • Fixed an issue where Sika could despawn during the Kyrian Covenant Campaign chapter "Phaestus, Genesis of Aeons."
    • Venthyr
      • Fixed an issue where if players disconnected while attempting to enter the Ember Court scenario, they would be unable to re-enter for the week.

Creatures and NPCs

• NPCs who comment on your choice of covenant will now do so less frequently.
    • Resolved an issue where Sanngror the Torturer would sometimes become stuck.

Dungeons and Raids

• Castle Nathria
      • [With regional restarts] Fixed a bug that caused additional loot to unintentionally drop from bosses on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
      • Resolved an issue that prevented many of the non-boss NPCs in Castle Nathria from scaling their health and damage as raid size increased. Non-boss NPCs base health before scaling has been reduced by 10%.
      • Huntsman Altimor
        • Resolved an issue where players may not be able to enter Huntsman Altimor's area after completing the Artificer Xy'mox or Sun King's Salvation encounters.
      • Sun King's Salvation
        • Increased the healing done by Infuser's Boon to 200% per stack on Normal and Heroic difficulties (was 50%).
        • Reduced the max stack count of Infuser's Boon to 5 on Normal and Heroic difficulties (was 10).
        • Essence Overflow now heals Kael’thas Sunstrider for 1.5% of his maximum health on Normal and Heroic difficulties (was 1%).
      • Sludgefist
        • Stonequake’s ground visual effect has been updated to be more noticeable.
        • Screen effect for players standing in Stonequake has been changed.
        • Occurrences of Falling Rubble over the duration of the encounter reduced by 25% on all difficulties.
        • The number of players affected by Chain Link has been lowered and no longer scales with the number of pillars destroyed on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
        • Sludgefist’s health reduced by 12% on Normal difficulty.
      • Sire Denathrius
        • Warlock’s Corruption will no longer be removed from enemies when using the teleporters.

Items and Rewards

• [With daily resets] The percentage based trigger effects from Eternal Palace weapons Diver's Folly, Dream's End, and Orgozoa's Paralytic Barb no longer function for players above level 50.
    • Sanguifang’s Pulsating Canine damage has been reduced and can no longer be used against enemy players.
    • Shadowghast Ingot can now be placed in Mining bags.
    • Consumptive Infusion trinket is now also triggered by damaging abilities, allowing Mistweaver abilities such as Rising Sun Kick to trigger it.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Soul Igniter trinket to not allow the use of another on-use trinket.
    • Eternal Stats and Sacred Stats chest enchant tooltips now correctly reflects that they affect the primary stat and not all stats.

Quests

• Players who are unable to complete “The Sweetest Tribute” due to a Ripe Purian already showing up in the tribute tray should abandon the quest and then talk to Elios to restart it.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Resolved an issue where enemies afflicted with the Blinding Smoke Capsule debuff would engage in combat with the player if they got too close but not attack them.
    • Minions of Torghast should be less likely to hit players with volley type abilities that they are not in combat with.
    • Torments
      • Eye of Skoldus and Fracturing Forces no longer spawn assassins on boss floors.
      • Breath of Coldheart health bonus per stack lowered to 3% maximum health (was 5%).
    • Anima Powers
      • Resonant Mawfang damage reduced to 2% of target's maximum health (was 10%).
      • Frostchipper damage reduced to 5% of the target's current health (was 20%).
      • The buffs provided by Dark Fortress and Fallen Armaments now stack to 5 (was 10).

World Quests

• Demonology Warlocks and Beast Mastery Hunters will now receive kyrian aid during the Bastion World Quest "Air Supremacy."

WoW Companion App

• Fixed issue where some players on iPhone 11 and 12 could not access Guilds & Communities.
    • Various bug fixes and improvements on iOS. All users will need to reset their settings.

The DK buffs make it seem like those are all for unholy, when in reality Unholy got nerfed and Blood is the one that got buffed.

Not a fan of the Unholy nerf but I'll wait until I see how much it really hurts me before I get upset about it

Those Sludgefist nerfs seem pretty huge. Fuck, I mean, even just being able to see the actual fucking shit on the ground is gonna change this fight into something at least somewhat bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not a fan of the Unholy nerf but I'll wait until I see how much it really hurts me before I get upset about it
    Not a fan because your class won't be overpowered still.

Unholy was parsing almost 10% higher than all other classes and specs until you hit 95th percentile.

Blizzard have always been very fast to nerf Death Knights, this should have been expected, but Sub Rouge & Hunters might need some nerfs too, but i don't expect them for a while.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before anyone blows it out of proportion, the Unholy nerf equates to a 5-6% total dps loss (sim using new coefficient). Totally warranted considering how well above the rest we were doing and we will still be top 3.

Players: Blizzard, Torghast is kind of a slog.
    Blizzard: Then we shall make it even slower!

Umm, I think most of the changes to unholy actually belong in the blood category. Only the mastery nerf seems to be for unholy (and maybe the death strike buff)

Edit: Also we all knew it was coming.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-12-12 at 08:08 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Where is the sub rogue nerf?? I wanna play arenas but cba to que until sub does oneshot in 1sec

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Where is the sub rogue nerf?? I wanna play arenas but cba to que until sub does oneshot in 1sec
    It’s pretty obvious that these changes are aimed at PVE and Sub Rogue does definitely NOT need a nerf for PVE content. If anything they are at the same level as Arms and Arms just got buffed.

Sit back and wait for the PVP tuning.

Yup acti-Blizz don't know how to proper balance class - bottom of the barrel? Yeah, lets add +5% flat dps! Do something with shitty rotation (SaD) and energy regeneration on assa.
    Last edited by Danuel; 2020-12-12 at 09:01 AM.

Nah, 5% is totally fine. GG Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yup acti-Blizz don't know how to proper balance class - bottom of the barrel? Yeah, lets add +5% flat dps! Do something with shitty rotation (SaD) and energy regeneration on assa.
    5% will put their average dps in the middle of the pack though.

Unholy was dumb broken because of the mastery. This nerf was warranted. In raid top damage was army/minion damage and was top of the meter with trash gear. Yeah this was long coming as were those dh buffs. Will it be enough? Time will tell. Glad to see some class tuning coming in. Hopefully we get some armor buffs to blood next.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mages
    - FU

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post

Nah, 5% is totally fine. GG Blizz.
    Im sorry if you are comparring your dps to the others and staying you dont deserve a nerf, you are just bad.

The other guys are phasing top 90% and you are doing 49%

And still beating then that is.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    5% will put their average dps in the middle of the pack though.
    The problem with assassination isn't only the damage, but also gameplay. It plays like ass. As the guy said "Do something with shitty rotation (SaD) and energy regeneration on assa.". I for one can't pull numbers even if they would theoratically be achievable if I don't have fun playing the spec. Did a couple dungeons first week and switched to outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonedp1 View Post
    Im sorry if you are comparring your dps to the others and staying you dont deserve a nerf, you are just bad.

The other guys are phasing top 90% and you are doing 49%

And still beating then that is.
    First of all: What?

Second Point: I'm the Fury Warrior there.

Third: What?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.