Poll: Class Finished Layer 6

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a bm hunter its 90% of the time a snoozefest. But something ive noticed while doing it. While fighting the same type of enemies. From time to time, my pet just get instagibbed and the only thing i can do is just chain cast ress pet. I have no idea why it happens and at this point, it just feels like a bug

Shaman, enhance. Ilvl 178ish. Not too hard, Enhance is a bit squishy but there are a handful of cards to take that offer up more healing, multiple damage reduction, etc. All you really need are a couple of damage cards and you get through alright.
    I've also run my rogue up to 5 at ilvl 158. Rogue has way more interesting cards than shaman, but lacks the outright easy healing.
    Some of the most ridiculous damage I've done has been on subrogue. Splatting end bosses with 12k+ and whatever the burst was, healing and survivability doesn't mean much at that point.

As VDH Torghast is a joke so far. But it is tediouse and boring as f...
    You have to spend way to much time in there for little reward.
    Visions all over again.

I hope this gets better with Twisting Corridors.

So far I carried up to 2 people in there...the group scaling seems to be way to strong though.

I see absolutely no reason to go this as a group.
    Again same as with visions.

Because alone I just pull everything and burst it down. As soon as there is one more person in the group I really have to start being careful
    Last edited by Sámsa; 2020-12-12 at 02:57 PM.

I had elder longbranch in coldheart 6 with 1 mil hp
    kited him in a circle as a moonkin for 8 minutes and killed him

don't really even need good powers, just basic understanding of how the game works tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    balance druid easy as fuck monkaS

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Zero rage cost execute, 100% damage increase. Perma-shieldwall. 8K dps against the boss.

run it like it's a dungeon and it's easy regardless of your class

you are also not entitled to be handed a victory, i know BFA with it's warfronts made a lot of players feel as though they should get rewarded for just existing but that's not how an MMO works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Yeah

Until you get *that run* where it's all iron fur and growl abilities . . .

Like why am I getting those as a balance druid?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    run it like it's a dungeon and it's easy regardless of your class

you are also not entitled to be handed a victory, i know BFA with it's warfronts made a lot of players feel as though they should get rewarded for just existing but that's not how an MMO works
    yeah but torghast is pretty handout compared to visions so i dunno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah

Until you get *that run* where it's all iron fur and growl abilities . . .

Like why am I getting those as a balance druid?
    because powers arent spec specific, especially for druid

Is it a bug that you can pull individual mobs even they are attacking each other? ONce I started doing this (Arms Warrior) Layer 6 got even easier.. Definitely seems like a bug, though?

IL: 179

I did both wings layer 6 on my sub rogue, around 183-186ilevel. I wouldn't say it was "easy" but I didn't die until one of the bosses, it just required a bit of methodical thinking rather than rushing in to aoe whole rooms like lower layers. The bosses are very variable in difficulty. The dps check bosses rely more on which anima powers you have and I can see other specs struggling with them but sub is strong enough that it can pump out enough dps even without great anima rng. I feel like sub will be able to beat layer 8 comfortably. So far I feel it's much easier than horrific visions.

My friend is newer to rogue and really struggling with torghast so I don't think I am typical of how rogues feel. I did some 2 player runs with him and the scaling feels really rough. Like I found it easier to solo layer 6 than do 2player layer 3.
    Last edited by intenz; 2020-12-12 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    The new moon every 20th moonfire tick is so gucci. Even as guardian. Pull everything with moonfire and watch moons drop all over the place. 10 moonfires means a moon every 2 sec or so.
    Hi

As a Kyrian protadin its pretty easy, and more importantly, really really fun.
    Dashing into a room throwing around AS followed by Divine Toll is awesome, especially if you get powers to boost your DT with an AoE stun etc.

Tried to run it as an Outlaw rogue but jeez, even after buffs its such a slugfest.
    Eventho the rogue has a higher ilvl its just sooo tedius and stale.
    You have no cool strong powers and most of the floors you are trying to not die.
    Think the greatest part is being able to just grapple past most traps but thats it.
    Guess you could swap to Sub for the end boss but meh, its not even in the same ballpark as Prot Paly.

Depending on the Anima powers you get layer 6 can be ridiculously easy.
    I've had two runs this week where I mostly chose defensive upgrades (on an Unholy DK). One run I've found two "increase armor by 100%" powers and one run I finished with more than 130k HP. Both times I laughed while seeing the enemies struggle to even scratch me.

With bad synergies and dropluck it admittedly can be hard though.

Tank druid. Got easier the higher I got. Had to go afk while fighting a rare on floor 5 as postman was at door. It was dead when I got back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The new moon every 20th moonfire tick is so gucci. Even as guardian. Pull everything with moonfire and watch moons drop all over the place. 10 moonfires means a moon every 2 sec or so.
    the gucci ability is getting the power shift ability and just alternating between cat form and moonkin form while running around and not actually having to do fuck all. couple it with x3/4 barkskin duration and the thorns on barkskin and its hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin, 170ish

Layer 2: Easy
    Layer 3: Hard but doable
    Layer 4: Couldn't complete final boss solo, but have done it in a standard 1-1-3 group
    Layer 5: I'm not foolish enough to attempt.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    As a bm hunter its 90% of the time a snoozefest. But something ive noticed while doing it. While fighting the same type of enemies. From time to time, my pet just get instagibbed and the only thing i can do is just chain cast ress pet. I have no idea why it happens and at this point, it just feels like a bug
    Yeah I noticed the same. Its either extremely easy or my pet gets twoshotted.
    Most likely I miss something there or its really a bug.

Dh tank. Effortlessly solo’d the 6. Seems way too easy currently

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    As VDH Torghast is a joke so far. But it is tediouse and boring as f...
    You have to spend way to much time in there for little reward.
    Visions all over again.

I hope this gets better with Twisting Corridors.

So far I carried up to 2 people in there...the group scaling seems to be way to strong though.

I see absolutely no reason to go this as a group.
    Again same as with visions.

Because alone I just pull everything and burst it down. As soon as there is one more person in the group I really have to start being careful
    When you are playing the game on story difficulty it tends to have that effect.

Try amping up the difficulty a bit if you find it boring