Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    How so? I'm not charging anybody with anything, so that's a pretty weird statement. Maybe you don't understand how this stuff works? The protesters made one claim, the police made another claim, no one was prosecuted or even had charges filed. So why would you deem one side innocent and the victim?
    So if no one was prosecuted or even charges filed, how does one conclude violence happened? Is this standard procedure in the US to not do anything apart from saying "no really it totally happened" when people get hurt?

Obviously in that case the onus to prove something happened is on the police because claiming nothing happened needs no proof, because well nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well said. Which is why the judge did the right thing.
    It's only a half measure, you gotta get her out of power. Were there is a will there is a way and she will find a way to make sure that couple pays for crossing her. I would bet money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Looks like ATF is going after 80% lowers now. They raided Polymer 80. This is the start of a tyrannical government. This is all starting after biden's meeting with the atf

- - - Updated - - -

An update. ATF going to people's houses now to confiscate guns.

Last edited by the game; 2020-12-12 at 09:50 PM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Looks like ATF is going after 80% lowers now. They raided Polymer 80. This is the start of a tyrannical government. This is all starting after biden's meeting with the atf

- - - Updated - - -

Ruh roh, you better form up your constitutionally-guaranteed militias and get your government back.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

This is all starting after biden's meeting with the atf
    Trump is still president, dude. Biden can meet with ATF all he wants, until he's sworn in he can't tell them to do shit. Let's not do this nonsnese, thanks.

How dare the ATF go after a company illegally making and selling firearms, and one that's evading taxes, and one that's shipping guns across state lines, and one that's not doing background checks.

It's almost like you care more about guns than you do about laws.

The company owner's home? As part of their raid on the business by the looks of it?

Not seeing the issue here, still, unless you support lawlessness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How dare the ATF go after a company illegally making and selling firearms, and one that's evading taxes, and one that's shipping guns across state lines, and one that's not doing background checks.
    Untraceable, cop killer fire arms... you don’t buy these for hobby...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump is still president, dude. Biden can meet with ATF all he wants, until he's sworn in he can't tell them to do shit. Let's not do this nonsnese, thanks.
    Biden is already president if we can blame him for guns being taken... Trump is president for 4 more years, in all other instances. It’s like this whole 2A from GOP is wholly disingenuous or something...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The thing is 80%ers aren't actual guns. That's the point. You literally cannot build a gun and fire it with them. The customers take them and machine them the rest of the way to make them guns. In addition, they've been previously OK'd (like shouldering "ar pistols" with braces) and now they're a target.

You buy them because they're cheaper and a lot of people in america value privacy.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-12-13 at 04:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The thing is 80%ers aren't actual guns. That's the point. You literally cannot build a gun and fire it with them. The customers take them and machine them the rest of the way to make them guns. In addition, they've been previously OK'd (like shouldering "ar pistols" with braces) and now they're a target.

You buy them because they're cheaper and a lot of people in america value privacy.
    Well, if they're not a gun then obviously the 2nd does not come into force.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You actually can. But it can also be dangerous.

Meanwhile, I hope this bill pass here in Ohio...

Ohio: No Duty to Retreat Legislation Heads to the Senate Floor

On Wednesday, the Senate Government Oversight and Reform Committee passed important No Duty to Retreat Legislation, Senate Bill 383. This self-defense measure now heads to the Senate for floor action, and your Senator needs to hear from you!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Has this been posted yet? Is this from an instructional video?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    With regards to this "privacy," what does that entail here exactly? Are the people buying these "80%ers" not having to do background checks or register what they've bought or anything? Are they effectively getting a gun out of this that nobody knows about?
    Yes. And? Do you register all of your purchases? "But guns KILL PEOPLE! Therefore they're SPECIAL!" Save it. We won't ever agree on this front. People have been making and machining untraceable firearms forever anyways. 80%ers just make it easier.

And people like you are allowed to have guns.... good grief.
    and people like you are allowed to vote and defacto tell people how they can or can't live...

You're awfully defensive towards someone literally just looking to learn because they'd never heard of these 80% things before.
    Sorry, I assume if people are asking the types of questions you did that they know what they even are. You're right, I shouldn't have been so antagonistic. It's just this thread is pretty split between people who love guns and people who hate guns. Not really so much on the laymen front.

That said, shows exactly what I expected. No wonder your country has such an issue with guns, you're literally selling parts without the need to register as a gun owner, hiding the fact you have weapons. Not particularly "law abiding" or "good guy" sounding, imo.
    The fact is it IS law abiding. There are no restrictions on people making their own firearms unless they fall into the specific controlled articles, which a normal AR does not. Anyone could make their own from scratch in their basement and not have to register it. It's specifically the SALE of guns that has background checks and such attached to it.

And you vote for the ability to literally take away those lives that people want to live. I think I'll take my side on this one.
    No. Telling people they can have things doesn't condone any particular act with that thing. Try again. That's the beauty of freedom and the beauty of responsibility. The only thing responsible for committing an act is the thing actually committing the act. You're committing a slippery slope fallacy.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-12-13 at 06:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I assume if people are asking the types of questions you did that they know what they even are. You're right, I shouldn't have been so antagonistic. It's just this thread is pretty split between people who love guns and people who hate guns. Not really so much on the laymen front.

The fact is it IS law abiding. There are no restrictions on people making their own firearms unless they fall into the specific controlled articles, which a normal AR does not. Anyone could make their own from scratch in their basement and not have to register it. It's specifically the SALE of guns that has background checks and such attached to it.

No. Telling people they can have things doesn't condone any particular act with that thing. Try again. That's the beauty of freedom and the beauty of responsibility. The only thing responsible for committing an act is the thing actually committing the act. You're committing a slippery slope fallacy.
    Its not about "hating" guns. Read my post from earlier; dozens of handguns and rifles are stolen in Nashville every week because "responsible gun owners" don't properly secure their firearms. This in turn produces more violent crime and more firearms on the black market. Gun manufacturers and conservatives use this trope to push for more leniency and as a campaign slogan to engender more fear into their deluded base.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

With regards to this "privacy," what does that entail here exactly? Are the people buying these "80%ers" not having to do background checks or register what they've bought or anything? Are they effectively getting a gun out of this that nobody knows about?

- - - Updated - - -

And people like you are allowed to have guns.... good grief.
    People have a right to know when the government infringes on constitutional right.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You actually can. But it can also be dangerous.

Meanwhile, I hope this bill pass here in Ohio...

Ohio: No Duty to Retreat Legislation Heads to the Senate Floor

On Wednesday, the Senate Government Oversight and Reform Committee passed important No Duty to Retreat Legislation, Senate Bill 383. This self-defense measure now heads to the Senate for floor action, and your Senator needs to hear from you!
    Castle Laws are very much needed now. Especially with most city governments allowing rioting and looting, people have to be ready to protect their stuff.

Also again I re-quote Marx on the Gun issue.

Don't disarm.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Castle Laws are very much needed now. Especially with most city governments allowing rioting and looting, people have to be ready to protect their stuff.

Also again I re-quote Marx on the Gun issue.

Don't disarm.
    Also with cities wanting to defend the police. I think about half of Minneapolis police have quit over it. As well as in Seattle

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    and people like you are allowed to vote and defacto tell people how they can or can't live...
    uhm what? unless you are against "society" or voting for neither party you are just as much guilty of that.

I mean, wat?

- - - Updated - - -

So either, you are describing people as things, especially gun owners or you just said people don't kill it's the guns that kill people which would be a huge argument against guns.

I made a more detailed post to explain the 80% stuff, but computer crashed so not going to bother retyping it all. To sum up, it is legal in most jurisdictions to make a firearm for personal use (not for resale) without having to register it or anything. Still the same laws about felon-can't-own. There is a legal degree when something becomes a firearm vs just being a block of steel, look at a Sten gun and it's basically a pipe with a trigger, but you can't regulate all pipes as guns. So, with the help of the ATF, these 80% frames were determined to not be a firearm, and could be sold for the end user to finish them. Now ATF has apparently decided that the approved frame is still not a gun, but when sold with the other parts that are also not guns, it will be considered a gun.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    uhm what? unless you are against "society" or voting for neither party you are just as much guilty of that.
    Correct. I don't like democracy or this delusion that laws and what is right or wrong changes over time based on the whims of the populace of the time.

So either, you are describing people as things, especially gun owners or you just said people don't kill it's the guns that kill people which would be a huge argument against guns.
    People are things, are they not? Just some object that exists. Just because you find it insulting to boil them down to simply that doesn't mean it isn't true.

7+ Year Old Account
    The perfect handgun grip doesn't exi.....

NVM IT DOES!