Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But why is it treated differently? Why is it that consoles have expectations of perfect game play even though their hardware is dated? Shouldn't the hardware temper expectations just like with PC's? And if they stripped the experience down wouldn't that just leave people to complain about a sub-par experience just the same as now? Because that is what a lot of the complaints are about. The graphics, fps, and other stuff being "stripped down" versions. So it looks bad.
    With PCs you can upgrade your rig, there's a steady progression so each year the "average" PC is a bit better than last year's. Game developers have to choose between higher specs for a flashier game or lower specs for a larger audience and potentially more sales. The important thing to note is they say what the recommended specs are so people with a lower spec system understand they will have a substandard experience.

With a console there is only one set of specs. It doesn't matter if the PS4 was released 7 years ago, people haven't been swapping out processors, RAM and/or gfx cards so the average PS4 specs are about the same as they were at launch.

If people are complaining the graphics are substandard on the PS4 it could be the publisher false advertising by saying they could expect the PC's standards or the player could have failed to temper their expectations. On the other hand if the framerate is dropping to a level where it's detrimental to the game then they put out a shit product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There is no actual difference here though. Both are just a selection of components and a month or so after they are put together they are "old".
    Well, there is one difference - You can buy a new PC every month while a console will just suck for years untill Sony, Micosoft or whoever makes it gives you a new one to buy.
    There is one humongous difference. With consoles the developer knows exactly what hardware they are dealing with so if they want to release a decent product that version of the game should be optimised for that hardware. If they release a game that runs like crap on the system it should be optimised for then it is a shit product.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They didnt say it would run well on an old system did they, the game is designed to be played on a PC, there would be complaining no matter what if they decided not to release for consoles and just have it on PC, the game has already been delayed, the game has min requirements to run for a reason and since its a next gen game its even more difficult to optimise it to run on old consoles, if your not playing it on PC you choose the wrong system to play it on.
    Are you listening to yourself, man? It is not a gamer's fault if he or she buys a game that was released on a console, if it does not run well. If you release a game on a console, it is your job as developers to make it work for that console...

CDPR messed up here, it is as simple as that. We should hold them accountable, like we would for any other developer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    @Ringthane

kek but i did

argus
    https://i.imgur.com/VBpeWz4.jpg

effectively in bfa i could lower the resolution to the point that in jainap1 i could pass the 10 fps, but believe me, the fog phase was a nightmare (still perfectly doable)
    https://i.imgur.com/qcE3VJD.jpg

these are the kill videos (not my pov clearly), i was Ferretti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uIClMs_kU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEak...ature=emb_logo

my char doesnt exist anymore so i dont think i can link you the achievements...
    Man dude bro, that is some Nintendo64 stuff going on. There is some point where it's just not worth it to push junk PC this hard.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    35-40 fps on medium settings on my rx480, decently playable. It's decent so far.

Oddly enough the best way to play the game is Google Stadia, over PC or console.

Google needed a win for Stadia and it looks like they got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I need a new tech shotgun, I've carried the same one I've gotten from the scavs at the beginning and I'm in the level 20s now. I can always upgrade the damage, I'm doing a crafting build, but I would really like something different. But I've never come a cross a different model of tech shotgun, not from enemies or any vendor.
    The only notable tech weapon I've collected so far is a precision rifle called the M-179E Achilles. Fires five projectiles simultaneously per ammo, and charged it'll easily penetrate multiple walls. Looks like a rifle, range/spread like a rifle, feels like a shotgun. It even came with a mod that eliminates recoil while aiming.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I got a 1080, 3500 amd that was 175$. I'm getting 50-85 fps on maxed psyco setting, high textures.
    1080p.

I feel like it runs pretty good. Obviously I can't use rt or dlss but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    @Ringthane

kek but i did

argus
    https://i.imgur.com/VBpeWz4.jpg

effectively in bfa i could lower the resolution to the point that in jainap1 i could pass the 10 fps, but believe me, the fog phase was a nightmare (still perfectly doable)
    https://i.imgur.com/qcE3VJD.jpg

these are the kill videos (not my pov clearly), i was Ferretti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4uIClMs_kU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEak...ature=emb_logo

my char doesnt exist anymore so i dont think i can link you the achievements...
    Ah, the old "I'd prove it but I don't have the ability to show you the proof" defense. In that case, I'm banging Anna Kournikova on the side. Don't tell Enrique Iglesias.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Holy shit, I just played about 30 minutes on Geforce Now, and runs great!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i must be missing something in terms of the graphics (specially people) they look pretty awful...I've got everything at max but they look like oblivion/ skyrim characters :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Ah, the old "I'd prove it but I don't have the ability to show you the proof" defense. In that case, I'm banging Anna Kournikova on the side. Don't tell Enrique Iglesias.
    this is another my char (but the achi are the fos of raids)
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/it-it/ch...strength/raids

here there is the screeshot where i deleted my char, you can easily easily see that there is the same char above (dk omologica on pozzo dell'eternità)
    https://i.imgur.com/naWc7dw.jpg

so you can easily see that the raids made with the dk arent enough for all the aoc and cutting edge i have (or even the leg dagger achi i have)

its enough?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    With PCs you can upgrade your rig, there's a steady progression so each year the "average" PC is a bit better than last year's. Game developers have to choose between higher specs for a flashier game or lower specs for a larger audience and potentially more sales. The important thing to note is they say what the recommended specs are so people with a lower spec system understand they will have a substandard experience.
    Right. But that is true for consoles as well. We even have consoles released last generation that had a little newer hardware then the base. But it doesn't matter if you can upgrade a PC or not because it still has minimum requirements from 2013. So why is it that it is acceptable for that 2013 computer to barely run the game but it is unacceptable for a 2013 console to barely run the game?

This isn't taking blame away from CDPR since they made certain statements in press coverage that made it seem like it wouldn't be an issue. But there always seems to be this expectation from console games that they will run perfectly no matter what simple because it is a a console game. And that if the same thing were to happen on PC perfect performance isn't expected because people have the view you are stating of "PC's can be upgraded".

So of course a game that pushes the boundaries of the hardware won't run perfectly console or PC. Just because you can't upgrade a console doesn't magically change the limitations of the hardware. Which is why they can "brute force" better performance on current gen consoles prior to the real release for those consoles. Because better hardware allows better performance regardless of what platform.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know what else didn't get reviewed until release day? The entire generation of PC hardware that just got released. That doesn't really mean much of anything beyond that's when they set their embargo for. The game may not be all that well optimized for last gen consoles, but if it runs on them(even at low quality) that's all that was advertised.
    Thing is though with hardware if it doesn't work as expected you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked. With software you can't, which is an issue a lot of buyers of Cyberpunk 2077 are running into. If one could return the program for a full refund then there wouldn't be an issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Are you listening to yourself, man? It is not a gamer's fault if he or she buys a game that was released on a console, if it does not run well. If you release a game on a console, it is your job as developers to make it work for that console...
    But it does work for those consoles. It just is limited in the performance it can provide even once they fix some of the bugs. Of course developers should be held accountable but there is no reason to not hold people that had unrealistic expectations for consoles account as well. There are faults on both sides of the issue here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Okay, so to take a break from the constant whining about performance from people on 7yo hardware . . .

Does anyone actually enjoy the boxing minigame? Does it become more fun with a high body build? I fully accept that I might just be terrible at it btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Thing is though with hardware if it doesn't work as expected you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked. With software you can't, which is an issue a lot of buyers of Cyberpunk 2077 are running into. If one could return the program for a full refund then there wouldn't be an issue.
    A lot of software retailers do have refund policies built in now to refund based on performance. Not every store allows but there are also physical stores that don't allow returns even for defective products though those are usually just limited to bankruptcy or other such close outs.

why does this company get a pass for failing to do their job?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Does anyone actually enjoy the boxing minigame? Does it become more fun with a high body build? I fully accept that I might just be terrible at it btw.
    I think it is just terrible. Unarmed combat is just weird in the game. At least for some of the quests like the cyber psychos you can use the mod that makes all attacks non-lethal so you don't have to box. A lot easier to unload with a machine gun (I have one that removes horizontal recoil so its easy to stay on target if I aim low to account for the vertical movement) that way because you get a lot of attacks in a short period of time. Even the ones that have the super speed are easy because they pause to recharge every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Because didn't you hear they are going to release free DLC and are consumer friendly.....

Despite they released a broken product and pride themselves on crunching their workers to death.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    CDPR shouldn't. If you go to the PSN store and look at the Cyberpunk 2077 entry. The video footage of the gameplay isn't from the PS4, it's from the PC and no where in the ad does it state that.

Heck even every single video game journalist has stated the game is completely broken on the consoles and unplayable.