Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I think i must be missing something in terms of the graphics (specially people) they look pretty awful...I've got everything at max but they look like oblivion/ skyrim characters :S

what hardware are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sounds awful, means I wouldn't be able to play it.
    i am only being spiteful because other people are.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    no cancel the whole game.
    or do you want to buy everyone a good pc or next gen console?
    "Yeah fuck the people who are have a functioning game. IF I CAN'T HAVE IT NO ONE CAN"

Do you even see how dumb that sounds?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am only being spiteful because other people are.
    Fair enough.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Yeah fuck the people who are have a functioning game. IF I CAN'T HAVE IT NO ONE CAN"

Do you even see how dumb that sounds?
    the mindset that everyone can afford a next gen console or a good PC is pathetic and unrealistic.

also i chose to be spiteful when someone else started it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    what hardware are you running?
    10700k, 2080ti :/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't think those are fair comparisons, because 2077 has to cram a lot more into a smaller space.
    Ah yes, because you think rendering skyscrapers is any more intensive then rendering mountains. Explains why Witcher 3 was also a 20 fps shit show on those consoles in 2015. Oh wait, it just shows CDPR are not technical wizards and quite the opposite in fact.

Also as far as detail density go's TLOU2 and RDR2 are blowing Cyberpunk out of the ballpark and ghost isn't that far off. The fucking wild west in RDR2 feels more alive and lived in then night city does, such cramming more in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Settings? Cause that seems well enough to handle it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Outside of Steam? Yeah right dude

And Steam only offers it because they were sued in Europe over not offering refunds.
    Origin even offers refunds, even more graciously than Steam does

got a 2080ti with worse cpu... i5-8600k or 8700k can't remember... Everything max with DLSS, runs great and look gorgeous... Seems like you are missing a lot of lighting effects and shadows. Shadows must be turned off since there is literally none in that picture.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Update your drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Are you listening to yourself, man? It is not a gamer's fault if he or she buys a game that was released on a console, if it does not run well. If you release a game on a console, it is your job as developers to make it work for that console...

CDPR messed up here, it is as simple as that. We should hold them accountable, like we would for any other developer.
    Its not designed to be played on the old console plain and simple its for next gen consoles and reasonable PC builds, you just need to look at the min run requirements and that tells you what you need to know and the ps4 is far below what the game requires so obviously it wont run well on a 7 year old console.

Its primary design is for PC everything else is secondary.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

eyah there is definitely someone going on there. update drivers, double check settings. i will say, though, that there does seem to be something happening in the background outside of the users control to scale to hardware power. i use a 980ti and while it runs decent, i have all the non-fancy stuff like shadow and fog maxed, and some of the textures and decals look muddy as hell at 1440p. i think the seeming behind the scenes hardware scaling is probably evidence of consolitis, along with the almost entirely absent AI and dynamic world elements we were expecting, to allow it to run on ancient processors like ps4 and XBO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not designed to be played on the old console plain and simple its for next gen consoles and reasonable PC builds, you just need to look at the min run requirements and that tells you what you need to know and the ps4 is far below what the game requires so obviously it wont run well on a 7 year old console.

i wish that was the case, but from what ive seen, i beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post

You keep saying this but it's not only not true, since this game was originally going to release before next generation consoles were even out, but it is irrelevant...

CDPR released the game on PS4 and XBOX One. That is a fact. If you release a game for a platform it is your job to make it an enjoyable experience. Why are you defending this anti-consumer behavior? We should, and do, expect better. Hence the review scores.

I just don't understand this fanboy mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats stronger then what I have and it seems to work fine, granted there are some glitches I have noticed but small. Note I haven't updated my drivers all the way either.

So of what little I've seen or heard, it looks like CDPR got too ambitious and too ahead of themselves with this game and fucked up?
    A lot of reports are saying on PS4 and xbox one its performing very badly. Sorta similar on PC with issues but not everyone(I'm sure its the same for consoles). No idea why its all of this.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-12-12 at 10:01 PM.

Warrior-Magi

So of what little I've seen or heard, it looks like CDPR got too ambitious and too ahead of themselves with this game and fucked up?
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    maybe, but i also think they had to scale things way back to run on ancient consoles

maybe, but i also think they had to scale things way back to run on ancient consoles
    which makes no sense since it was suppose to launch before next gen consoles did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's the situation old gen consoles owners are in at the moment. They were told the game was coming for their system, they were given an expectation the game would be decent on their system but then found out it was severely substandard on their system - the system with the recommended configuration for this version of the game - and to run it decently they need to spend nearly £500 on an upgrade.
    Right. But some of the expectations are that the game should be running at unreasonable expectations for the consoles. No one is trying to take blame away from CDPR for designing a game that can't be supported that well on the platforms they choose. But at some point the expectations of console gamers have to be tempered by the hardware they have. The PS4 pro plays the game a lot better because it is upgraded hardware compared to the base version of PS4. The digital foundry video comparing ps4 to ps4 pro shows the difference and even talks about how The Witcher 3 had issues in the ps4 at launch as well but is rarely remembered for its flaws.

You keep saying that console players shouldn't have to think like that because they can't upgrade their console themselves. That is rubbish. Because you are not applying it the same to a PC player just because they could potentially upgrade their computer to play better. Recommend gives a base level of play. Which is the case with consoles. It still is totally on CDPR for encouraging unrealistic expectations and not tempering it themselves.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-12-12 at 10:23 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    They should not have put it on machines that can't run it. It's fine on a PC where the consumer is responsible for the hardware. People buy consoles because they want a dedicated plug in play platform. They sacrifice graphics for performance and even willing to take a dip in performance. There is a bare minimum level where all games on a console should perform. What they do expect is for a game that says it will run on their system to no be playable on their system. Just say the game is not for that system. Console players are used to it.

What is wrong is taking their money while saying (or allowing people to believe which is just as bad) the game will work fine. CDPR knew the game would run at a subpar level on the console, not subpar for someone with a gaming PC but someone with a console who does not expect 60fps anyway, and still took money from those people. That's not honest business.

Resident Cosplay Progressive